Options after 27,000 and getting range anxiety

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LesKangas said:
In case any of you wondered...my wife drove the car until it had 4 miles left. Then I drove it out of town and it went from 4 to battery charge low and then 7 miles later dead. Got the tow service, which is covered under warranty. So, now I know, it has the stated amount, plus about 6-7 more.

So the car said you had 4 miles left, then you drove it 7 miles? That seems like a sub-optimal decision...

did not set trip odometer. She drives 63 miles and it had 4 when I got in. I drove it about 3.1 miles before I noticed it said no mileage and then I went a little over 6 miles at 65 mph. So, had I driven 55, like my wife, it would have been longer. 11/12 bars.

Has anyone heard anything about the battery replacement program that is supposed to be announced soon?

LesKangas said:
did not set trip odometer. She drives 63 miles and it had 4 when I got in. I drove it about 3.1 miles before I noticed it said no mileage and then I went a little over 6 miles at 65 mph. So, had I driven 55, like my wife, it would have been longer. 11/12 bars.
Has anyone heard anything about the battery replacement program that is supposed to be announced soon?
So 63 + 3 + 6 = 72 miles
When the car was new it had a sticker on the window that said EPA range = 72 miles
Did I miss something here ?

EPA range was 92 and we used to get close to that. My wife drives really slow and takes side roads to recharge.

Back