Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took out the confirmed from my signature. Me dealer confirmed this, but until I see it on my dashboard, it's not a valid comment.

We just received email notification from Ecotality that we qualify for a free install. Home assessment made 9/25, notification 9/28. Now we have to get our pending status changed at the Nissan website.

Umbrella said:
We just received email notification from Ecotality that we qualify for a free install. Home assessment made 9/25, notification 9/28. Now we have to get our pending status changed at the Nissan website.

Good luck

I seem to be perpetually stuck in the "eTec Application Pending" state.

My eTec evaluation has been done for weeks, the evaluation concluded, and Nissan is oblivious. Everyone says they did their part and passed the approval on. Nissan says they're waiting to receive it, so I'm about ready to courier the approval letter over by hand.

Not impressed. I hope they have better engineering than pre-sales support, because this whole reserve/wait/be-confused orchestration is a cluster-joy.

GroundLoop said:
Not impressed. I hope they have better engineering than pre-sales support, because this whole reserve/wait/be-confused orchestration is a cluster-joy.

If it is of any assurance - engineering is being done on the other side of the globe ;)

Finally got my quote back from the EV Project on the costs exceeding the $1200 that they cover.

It's $96 dollars... I don't know... should I go for it? ;)

I'm really surprised it was that low... but thank god. Now it means I have more money to save up and use for the down-payment.

But the big question is now that I've accepted the home charger quote... can I order the car already?

cdub said:
It's $96 dollars... I don't know... should I go for it? ;)
Heh, mine was a bit over because I needed to have a sub-panel installed as I don't have room in my main panel. What extra work do they have to do in your house to install the EVSE?

I am going to see if I can work with the sub-contractor to upgrade/replace the main panel instead (also at my additional cost) as the resulting install should be cleaner that way (no extra wall space used by sub-panel) and it will leave me with plenty of room to add additional solar power in the future if I want it.

All they really need to do is to run a wire conduit under the house through to the garage on the other side of the house form the panel.

I had fears that I would have needed to upgrade the panel.

leaf4life said:
Umbrella said:

Good luck

As of Sept 29 our Etec dashboard line shows us as "accepted" but still can't order on our Sept. reservation.

My home assessment was completed on September 9th but my dashboard still shows "eTec application pending". I hope I don't have to keep repeating myself... :(

Update: Scratch that, eTec application ACCEPTED! Still can't order though...

tzeweiu said:
Update: Scratch that, eTec application ACCEPTED! Still can't order though...
Same here. Etec status changed this morning, so i guess all the San Diego assessment data finally got updated. Tomorrow is the last day in Sept., and we will all have our order invitations by then. Right?

RIGHT???

Trying to keep my panties un-bunched.
TT

Dashboard home assessment changed today from pending to accepted. Yeah!!

Silver Leaf SL reserved 4/20 ~ 5PM
Home assessment completed 8/16
September order date - Etec application accepted 9/29
Dealer: Rairdon Nissan of Auburn Washington

Nope.. wrong. Still in limbo between "accepted" yet "not ready to order". This is where an extra bit of information would be useful. What are they waiting for? Did I do something wrong? What happens next?

CS says they will escalate to supervisor.

sparky said:
I'm in a late EVProject area, Los Angeles. I contacted them, someone even called me twice and said "they were working though the list. I should get approved once I get an assessment." But, I placed my LEAF order today and added the $700 L3 option. Now, if they come though with my assessment and approval it seems I should qualify for a free L3 but I don't see how that will be handled. Contacted the LEAF-chat folks about this. Their response: "that's a good question. We don't know how that will be handled". Same from my dealer.
Left it at that. Dunno if L3 eTec is retro-active but still happy I'm in the running for the $5k CARB rebate.
I'm in the same boat. Did you ever get a follow-up response or a status change in your dashboard? When I ordered, my dealer said there would be an adjustment to my quote if I got approved for eTec. I haven't contacted them yet, though.

San Diego North County.
"order in November" group.

I had received this e-mail a while ago:

Your responses on the questionnaire suggest that the installation at your residence of the EV charger may be more costly than allowed by EV Project guidelines. However, we would still like to include you in the EV Project.
We can arrange with you to have a local electrical contractor provide a free home assessment to determine the actual installation cost. This assessment may show that you do in fact qualify for a free home charging unit and free installation. If, however, the installation does fall outside of the EV Project cost guidelines, you will be offered a credit of up to $1200 toward the installation cost along with the free home charging unit.

which puzzled me as I'd thought my situation/set-up would be one of the most straightforward.

Today someone from Sunwest Electric visited (on-time , as arranged last week via the e-mail he'd sent).
He agreed, and couldn't see why there would be any unusual expense.
Apparently he passes his findings on to Eco'

Not sure if it was a coincidence, but about 2 weeks ago I finally called Nissan as my "someone will contact you" message had been up on my dash for some time. They gave me a local number to call and i left a message asking when it might happen.

Back