Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten the free charger/$1200 credit toward install. My out-of-pocket will be $142, which is a heck of a lot better than I feared. Fingers crossed that it all goes well.

Just got good news - I was approved for the free charger install and Ecotality program.

I was turned down originally in July. At the Alt Car Expo I spoke with the Ecotlity people who said I could ask to be reconsidered. They came out and inspected last weekend. It is an easy install - I am all wired from when I had the RAV-4 ev.

I place my order/raq on September 3rd. Any news what happens with the charge for the level 3 option?

josh said:
I was turned down originally in July.
Why were you turned down originally, especially if the installation was simple and "standard"?

Any news what happens with the charge for the level 3 option?
Get the dealer to change your order to SL-e so you won't be charged for the L3 port. This may take some back-and-forth between Ecotality and Nissan to get straightened out, but you still have time.

TT

I want to apologize in advance for not taking the time to read all 29 pages of this thread I've thus far been avoiding because I thought the Ecotality was just for the Left-Coasters and TVA folks. But I've been reading recently that they are also supposed to be doing some installs in Metro Washington, D.C., and that, at least by some measure, is me. Now I'm on the Ecotality / EV-Project mailing list and get all kinds of gems about the great advances they're making in charging infrastructure, but here's what I want to know: for those in on the project, what did you have to do to get in? How did y'all apply?

And, if I get a NEMA 6-50P installed in my garage before-hand to get in on the 50% tax credit and the custom install of 30+ feet of 50A gauge wire, a new breaker and a TOU meter junction which I don't think the EV Project would cover anyway. So is anyone else doing this, in which case the Blink charger and installation is the only thing free? Does this make sense?

Sorry again if this question be asked and answered previously.

TimeHorse said:
I want to apologize in advance for not taking the time to read all 29 pages of this thread I've thus far been avoiding because I thought the Ecotality was just for the Left-Coasters and TVA folks. But I've been reading recently that they are also supposed to be doing some installs in Metro Washington, D.C., and that, at least by some measure, is me. Now I'm on the Ecotality / EV-Project mailing list and get all kinds of gems about the great advances they're making in charging infrastructure, but here's what I want to know: for those in on the project, what did you have to do to get in? How did y'all apply?

When I reserved on April 20, a EV project survey came up as part of the process and I took the survey. I think those of us who met their criteria such as certain zip codes and other demographics, were offered the survey. Not everyone who reserved in the rollout areas was offered the survey. Based on my answers to that survey, I was put in the EV project. I initially got an email from them saying they needed more information about our house situation before they could say for sure I would be in. So many many weeks after April 20, they finally came to the house to do an "assessment", found that our house situation met the criteria, and we were officially "in". I think you can also go on the EV project website, take a survey there and communicate with them through their website that you would like to be in the EV project.

I am not entirely sure why I was originally turned down in July. When I asked them why I was turned down they asked a bunch of questions and it seemed like I had all the correct answers. I am just happy they changed their mind - maybe they had people turn them down and they have more money now??

My Dealer - Fontana Nissan said they can change it to the SL-e and it should not be a problem. She did say it could take a few weeks to show up in my dashboard.

I want my car!

As noted by sdbonez in the San Diego Leaf Fanatics thread, residential EV project agreements are now going out by email for electronic signature, got mine at 12:30pm today.

The agreement seems essentially unchanged from the versions that have been available.

The email says:

"Nissan will send us a notice to proceed with the installation of your free charger based on their projections, approximately three to four weeks prior to your LEAF delivery time frame. At that time ECOtality will direct you to the customer portal to schedule your installation date by selecting from an appointment availability calendar. The availability dates listed in the calendar for your selection will be on a first come first served basis."

I received my email from eTec/EVP this afternoon as well. As they stated, it was the same agreement we saw earlier on during the quetionnaire process.

All signed and ready to go. I am glad I live in AZ. No extra permits for us. Ready to set my installation appointment via the EVP portal (ugggh another portal)! Just need Nissan to tap them on the shoulder with my delivery date.

Got mine today too - In Seattle.

Anyone else have theirs go to junk mail? I use Gmail and mine ended up in the junk folder. Please let me know if you did have it misdirected to Junk/Spam and which service you use.

Thanks

Yup, I got mine this afternoon but it was in my junk mail. I have a custom junk filter (spambayes) and it classified it as "unsure".

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Got mine today too - In Seattle.

Anyone else have theirs go to junk mail? I use Gmail and mine ended up in the junk folder. Please let me know if you did have it misdirected to Junk/Spam and which service you use.

Thanks

Signed mine today too.

SeattleBlueLeaf, mine is the blue one on the truck that has carpets and tote bags, but without mud flaps and kick plates.

Well, it's one for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready, Now go cat go!

But don't you step on my Blue Leaf SL
You can do anything but lay off my Blue Leaf Sl
(with apologies to Carl Perkins) ;)

Back