No longer reading BayLeafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

I am sick of facebook for a number of reasons, some of which are detailed in my blog: Bye bye facebook. I won't bore everyone here with those details, but I am asking that any significant news that is particular to SF Bay Area Leaf owners be posted here or other appropriate threads in this forum. I'll still open up fb once a week or so and glance at whatever random assortment of posts the mind-readers at fb deem appropriate to show me, but I will probably miss 90% or more of what is posted on the BayLeafs facebook group. Personally I think it better to do all my reading about the Leaf at one site - this forum - where I can see topic headings, number of views and replies, and, of course news from all over, not just the Bay Area.

Russ, please join us for our regular monthly member meeting on Saturday morning, March 15. The gathering will be held at the Craneway Pavilion at 1414 Harbour Way South in Richmond, CA. Charging will be available onsite, and we will do our best to help coordinate carpooling opportunities and other logistics.

Event details and signup form

sfbayleafs said:
Russ, please join us for our regular monthly member meeting on Saturday morning, March 15. The gathering will be held at the Craneway Pavilion at 1414 Harbour Way South in Richmond, CA. Charging will be available onsite, and we will do our best to help coordinate carpooling opportunities and other logistics.

As a non-Denver-area Coloradoan I often envy you SF bay area LEAFers. Twice in the past 17 months I've actually encountered another LEAF on the road - forget clubs and regular gatherings.

Not enough to move back, however.

+ 1 to posting the gatherings here. I try to use Fb once or less a month as well. I just don't care for the platform. I stopped going to the meetups after they were no longer posted here.

Thanks for posting the details here. I can't attend this time but I'll try to attend again soon.

cgaydos said:
As a non-Denver-area Coloradoan I often envy you SF bay area LEAFers. Twice in the past 17 months I've actually encountered another LEAF on the road - forget clubs and regular gatherings.

Not enough to move back, however.
Thank you. Yes, the Bay Area is a happening place when it comes to EVs, and we as LEAF owners and EV enthusiasts are privileged to live here. Hopefully, the rest of the country will catch the EV bug soon enough!

EVDrive said:
Thanks for posting the details here. I can't attend this time but I'll try to attend again soon.
Happy to oblige. We just reached out to Mike to see if he could turn over the old thread from gascant to this more generic BayLEAFs account. Quite a few people are following the old thread, and it would be easier to make announcements there. If you were not on our MailChimp mailing list, please consider signing up. Look forward to see you again at one of our future meetups. We have something big planned for the weekend of April 25 to 27, if you were around and had time to stop by.

Thanks for posting the meeting info in Richmond, although I won't be attending that one. I want to make clear that I don't have any beef with BayLeafs, only with facebook. I also don't expect anyone to change his or her online behavior just for me. My original post was only meant to remind BayLeafers that we are indeed a significant subset of Leaf owners in the U.S. and since we include Silicon Valley as well, a lot of what goes on in our group is of interest to more than just people on the facebook group.

Back