Nissan's ultimate liquid cooling

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydnas7

leafunderwater.jpg

Ok a mod should change the title, but it does raise 1 reason why Nissan didn't/doesn't add active thermal management. Its easier/safer to make a battery with as few holes in the casing as possible. After all Japanese car companies are quite aware of Tsunami and Floods.

Yeah, but in case of a car in a tsunami, I somehow doubt the battery pack will be the primary concern. Its most likely the whole car will be totalled anyway.

And it is just as easy to put an additional two tubing fittings in the side of the case as it is for the two electrical fittings, in fact it is simpler since they are small and round instead of the complicated shape of the electrical penetrations.

ydnas7 said:
leafunderwater.jpg

Ok a mod should change the title, but it does raise 1 reason why Nissan didn't/doesn't add active thermal management. Its easier/safer to make a battery with as few holes in the casing as possible. After all Japanese car companies are quite aware of Tsunami and Floods.

i agree with your premise 100%

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2012/10/longevity-verses-safety.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back