Nissan ZEOD

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cool detailed article on the ZEOD came out in this month's Racecar Engineering mag. I've scanned it and made it available here. Sorry the pdf is upside down! :lol:

Electric Avenue
(hopefully I succeeded in making the link publicly available)

I somehow missed this thread when it was first posted. The ZEOD is clearly an electric version of the proposed DeltaWing race car design, of which Nissan is a major sponsor.

http://www.deltawingracing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting bit:
Inaugural Nissan GT Academy winner Lucas Ordonez has been announced as test driver for the ZEOD. Cox explained that Ordonez's route into motorsport as the first “gamer-turned-racer,” which made him ideal for the job of developing the ZEOD. “The Nissan ZEOD RC is unlike any race car previously developed, and Lucas doesn't have 10 or 15 years of preconceived ideas as to what a race car should or shouldn't do,” he said.

The internal-combustion booster engine or range-extender that will form part of the ZEOD's powertrain isn't scheduled to run in the car until the new year. Nissan is keeping details of the powerplant secret, but Cox described it as a “hidden gem.”

This is the first direct confirmation that the ZEOD will be a series hybrid, not a BEV which is what Nissan seemed to elude to. My guess is that the IC booster engine might be some kind of turbine gen set.

Back