Nissan, we need 50kW/h packs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious.. If you had 2x the batteries (assuming the same basic chemistry/capacity), how would you package that in the existing Leaf?
Personally I'd be very pleased with 36kWh which I would think could be squeezed in under the seat (taking away some headroom) and behind the rear stack (where the old 2011/12 charger was).

Concur from the pictures I see that another 12 might sit in the existing compartment. The other 12 could be carefully arranged somewhere in the car. The more open trunk area is a key selling factor. My wife has put a ping pong table, multiple Costco loads, and a table in that space. (ping pong table was with seats down).

Guessing the "code" wouldn't be too hard to manage a larger battery. my guess is that its more that they are still scaling and can sell their entire capacity, so no huge push to get a larger pack. That said, a 36 kW pack would get conservative drivers close to 150 miles on a full charge...almost what you could deal with QCing to another large city.

My guess is that if we get a range increase, the storage increase will be timid... 30 kW/h

Hello,
Since we're talking "pie in the blue sky" here lets just say I'm waiting for that new battery anode & cathode they've been working on for a couple years. Supposed to be an order of magnitude increase in capacity. Hey, I can dream can't I?

A magnitude would be ten times more... That is a might big pie-in-the sky dream!

bowthom said:
Since we're talking "pie in the blue sky" here lets just say I'm waiting for that new battery anode & cathode they've been working on for a couple years. Supposed to be an order of magnitude increase in capacity. Hey, I can dream can't I?

Back