nissan plans to double LEAF sales

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apvbguy

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1089581_with-demand-soaring-nissan-leaf-u-s-production-could-double-this-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's what Ghosn said in the CNBC piece:

“We are now on a trend of 3,000 cars a month in the U.S., which is about 36,000 cars” a year, Ghosn said. “The next step is moving up to 4,000 a month,” he said, without setting a target date.

He's not being nearly as bold as he was when the Leaf was first launching! But I like hearing that he still has optimistic plans for electric cars...

On another note, I was surprised to see in the "Green Car Reports" piece that 36,000 cars would represent 6.5% of U.S. sales for Nissan, that's a higher percentage than I would have thought!

LTLFTcomposite said:
Doesn't exactly jive with the stories of crummy resale values.

If history is any indication crummy resale values help used car sales, but erode new.

I'm a believer that sales can accelerate from here; it's all about Nissan keeping prices low and most states continuing the tax credits. Right now in Georgia, leasing an S for two years is actually a profitable decision, SV is breakeven (free car), and SL costs you a few cents a mile. It's unreal (and unsustainable).

We've had ours in ATL for 25 months, and used to see another LEAF once a week. Since the insane lease prices kicked in a year ago, we increased to seeing another daily. Now I usually see another once per mile driven. It's unreal how quickly they're taking root in ATL.

The only reason I even notice them anymore is that we got a second one in May, so I always take a second to see if it my wife or kids in the other one that I'm seeing.

LEAFs are here to stay: can you imagine going back to a car that actually costs money to own? I can't. I paid full list for my first one, so it will not be profitable until I've gone 90,000 miles (6 years for me). But our 2013 leased SV was free from the moment we drove off the lot. When the lease is up, if Georgia is still paying me $5000 to lease another, sign me up for the 2015 model.

Cheers, everyone. The Nissan LEAF is the coolest thing to enter my life since the iPod.

Valdemar said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Doesn't exactly jive with the stories of crummy resale values.

And this year may bring more bad press from people buying second-hand off-lease Leafs.

Add to the end of your sentence.. in Norway.

Back