Nissan Leaf Warranty SOH 66.25% confirmed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil1234

Share: I have plotted the demise of my batteries using LeafSpy, hope this is helpful:
LJrXKvk6
https://postimg.cc/LJrXKvk6

66.25% threshold between 9 & 8 bars confirmed.

Nissan accept warranty and are replacing all of batteries - full service history with Nissan

Notes: 90k miles 2016 30kwh

Did you get a brand new battery?

Phil1234 said:
Share: I have plotted the demise of my batteries using LeafSpy, hope this is helpful:
LJrXKvk6
https://postimg.cc/LJrXKvk6

66.25% threshold between 9 & 8 bars confirmed.

Nissan accept warranty and are replacing all of batteries - full service history with Nissan

Notes: 90k miles 2016 30kwh

Nightmare - after Nissan conceded it was a warranty claim it was put on hold, multiple software updates later it is still on hold!
🤔

Update: My local chocolate tea-pot dealership have finally had a response from Nissan to replace the batteries - no small amount of pressure from me - 3 months on!
I can only believe the batteries will be replaced when done - waiting now for a date....

Update: My local chocolate tea-pot dealership have finally had a response from Nissan to replace the batteries - no small amount of pressure from me - 3 months on!
I can only believe the batteries will be replaced when done - waiting now for a date....
I have a 2017 Leaf SL and strongly suggest that you contact Nissan EV customer service directly and start a case with them.
I dealt with a couple of dealers locally who claimed there was nothing wrong for a month even though I was complaining of low range and going into turtle mode with almost a full charge on cold mornings . Then on February 20th my car died on the highway and I had to get towed. That was when I contacted Nissan customer service directly.
After dragging their feet for a month, they just notified me last week that they can no longer get the 30 kW batteries due to supply issues and they are going to buy back my car.
In the meantime, I've had to rent a vehicle since that was my only ride. They say they'll reimburse me at least partially for the rental but we'll see about that.

Lucky Nissan USA will buy it back. I've never heard of buy back here in Canada.
My 2018 SL Leaf battery failed in a live lane on the highway, and after 3 trips, they finally acknowledged that the battery is swollen in various cells.
Nissan warranty is 8 years, 160,000 km or 100,000 miles. My Leaf has 80,000 km. (To me still new). A brick right now after waiting for a new battery, which by the way, will only be warrantied for the rest of the kms and time from the original warranty or 1 year, 20,000 km (12,000 miles). (Right now I've lost time as it is sitting in a dealership yard.)
There's a person here in Canada that's been waiting over a year for his new battery.
No support, no updates from the dealership or Nissan Canada.
What can I do?

My 2016 SL just dropped below the 66.25% threshold last night. Any idea how long until the 9th bar drops?

*** UPDATE *** - I ran an errand at lunch and the 9th bar just dropped off. I have an appt at my local Nissan dealer for Monday morning

Attachments

• IMG_6811.PNG
    IMG_6811.PNG
    197.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have a 2017 Leaf SL and strongly suggest that you contact Nissan EV customer service directly and start a case with them.
I dealt with a couple of dealers locally who claimed there was nothing wrong for a month even though I was complaining of low range and going into turtle mode with almost a full charge on cold mornings . Then on February 20th my car died on the highway and I had to get towed. That was when I contacted Nissan customer service directly.
After dragging their feet for a month, they just notified me last week that they can no longer get the 30 kW batteries due to supply issues and they are going to buy back my car.
In the meantime, I've had to rent a vehicle since that was my only ride. They say they'll reimburse me at least partially for the rental but we'll see about that.
I have the car shut-down problem; car in turtle mode suddenly car in neutral and won’t go in to drive, the ONLY fix is to disconnect the regular car battery and reconnect (10mm spanner) - must be ECU reset that does it??

My 2016 SL just dropped below the 66.25% threshold last night. Any idea how long until the 9th bar drops?

*** UPDATE *** - I ran an errand at lunch and the 9th bar just dropped off. I have an appt at my local Nissan dealer for Monday morning
Prepare for multiple software updates from Nissan!

Update from Nissan Customer Service: battery is not in transit, they do not make the 30KWh pack anymore, previous ones sent were refurbished. I am now on a waiting queue for a 40KWh battery. I have asked for all of this in an email!

Prepare for multiple software updates from Nissan!
Turns out my car already had the 30KWh BMS update, so good there. Nissan dealer confirmed battery status was degraded and warranty eligible. So now, I am just waiting like many on the list. Luckily, I can still drive the car with decent range and can L2 charge at home.

Back