Nissan EVSE Waiver Form and process - AV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted Nissan through the "chat" section on "nissanusa.com/leaf" today. I explained that I did get an AV assessment that was way too high for an easy install and requested a waiver for install. He said they will attach a waiver to my Nissan home page.

When I went to check for the attachment waiver on my "home assessment", it now says quote pending.

I'm wondering if AV is going to send me a third quote that is more reasonable and lower than the last two quotes. Maybe all the bad publicity on the mynissanleaf forum , and how unhappy we are about outrageous pricing is starting to pay off.

gasmiser1 said:
I contacted Nissan through the "chat" section on "nissanusa.com/leaf" today. I explained that I did get an AV assessment that was way too high for an easy install and requested a waiver for install. He said they will attach a waiver to my Nissan home page.

When I went to check for the attachment waiver on my "home assessment", it now says quote pending.

I'm wondering if AV is going to send me a third quote that is more reasonable and lower than the last two quotes. Maybe all the bad publicity on the mynissanleaf forum , and how unhappy we are about outrageous pricing is starting to pay off.

I Can not wait to hear what happens.

Wolfeman said:
gasmiser1 said:

I Can not wait to hear what happens.

Don't count on it. mine did the exact same thing after adding the waiver and it has been like that for 7 weeks. They already reduced my quote. The Nissan order site is riddled with bugs, whoever designed the system should be fired. The same bugs have existed for some time.

So I spoke with Nissan Customer Service and asked about the EVSE "waiver" again. We are going to wait for the Leviton EVSE but are also on the AV and Blink "cash and carry" lists. I like options! I really wanted to know if there was any more action required by me to move forward with the delivery process. I was told no. The Nissan rep stated that after you have placed a LEAF order the waiver is not necessary. The Schedule Your Install box will be left active as an option throughout the delivery process. He also told me that I will get an email about a month before the car is ready for delivery. This is likely the "Congratulations! Were getting your car ready for delivery" eMail that was sent to people on 11-22-2010. Dec 22ish maybe??? Anyways. Thought people asking for waivers might want to know what I was told today.

TRONZ said:
Thought people asking for waivers might want to know what I was told today.

Just to add to that....I was also told that declining the purchase of an EVSE through AV would NOT affect the delivery date of my car in any negative way. Or at least that's what I was told. :?

I was told by CS twice I would get my car in 2010 then in 3-4 months and then I was told that was an "estimate" and then told "your deliver timeline has not changed" but it is now 4-7 months and that is an "estimate". I get all this but I think it's funny the marketing people think 3-4 and 4-7 is not a change, they must use a new number system. They may have hired some Aptera people as interns:)

EVDRIVER said:
I was told by CS twice I would get my car in 2010 then in 3-4 months and then I was told that was an "estimate" and then told "your deliver timeline has not changed" but it is now 4-7 months and that is an "estimate". I get all this but I think it's funny the marketing people think 3-4 and 4-7 is not a change, they must use a new number system. They may have hired some Aptera people as interns:)

Don't feel bad. If people are getting cars in three weeks, they still don't know about it!

EVDRIVER said:

"Aptera?", hey, no foul language on the forum please, ha ha!

FYI- when I received a telephone call from Nissan Corporate (the man said he created the LEAF website), he said this: that your "estimated Delivery month" IS NOT accurate- that your LEAF will arrive two weeks PRIOR to that! My "estimated delivery month is February" He said your car will arrive around January 17th and be at your dealer ready on January 20th, the 21st the latest!
Hope this helps!

I just called Nissan CS about the waiver "Checkbox" on my dashboard. It is under the Order tab and, I guess, NOT supposed to be there if you have already ordered your car/had an AV Assessment. This Checkbox will put you in a loop every time you try to save it stating that "you have already ordered your car!?!" The correct waiver is supposed to be in the upper right hand corner in one of those arrow thingys. I was told that someone would call me next week when it gets sorted so I can agree to the correct waiver. No worries.... I think???

Easier if they would just put a link (for EVERYBODY) to the AV waiver on the right side near "sign out".

It seems that making correct use of logic (IF, THEN, ELSE) is a bit beyond those (artists?) that are programming the Nissan web site.

Nissan, if you need help, call me.

Since LEAFs are IN PRODUCTION, how difficult can it be to get pictures of the Accessories?

Or, is that (having no accessories) what is holding up deliveries?

Hah! Accessory pictures. Can't you just order off the one-line translated description?

I don't mind so much about the dealer-installed options (cargo organizer), since I can order those after delivery, but some of the nicer (port-installed) ones need a picture to sell. Nissan is only shorting themselves here. High margin options with zero marketing -- a weird concept.

Sorta OT but I think first run on auto accessories is always very hit and miss for a Mnfr. If they throw up pics of a real :? dud, its pretty hard for people to wash their eyes enough. Early adopters will be the test pilots for first accessories and some will go down in flames. I kept it simple. L3, Mats and a Cargo Organizer.

Back