Nissan Connect Services (Problematic)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectriCute

When I first purchased my new Leaf a couple of months ago, it took them a few weeks to finally get my services up and running through the phone app. Great, and it worked fine for awhile. To be honest, the only thing about the app I was interested in is to monitor charging at home so that when it gets to 80% or slightly above, I could stop charging. Now I have noticed that the app doesn't upload data to my app. I called customer service, and they did mention that they had an issue and that it's working fine now. Well, I said, it isn't working for me. After trouble shooting the connectivity to my car, the rep put me on hold, then came back on the line to tell me they are having issues again. I've read about them having problems from time to time, but I have to wonder about the software engineers abilities. I never put people down, but, I mean, what's going on with these people? Is there, perhaps, another app that can monitor charging? As I mentioned, that's all I'm concerned with.

Thanks, folks.

ElectriCute said:
When I first purchased my new Leaf a couple of months ago, it took them a few weeks to finally get my services up and running through the phone app. Great, and it worked fine for awhile. To be honest, the only thing about the app I was interested in is to monitor charging at home so that when it gets to 80% or slightly above, I could stop charging. Now I have noticed that the app doesn't upload data to my app. I called customer service, and they did mention that they had an issue and that it's working fine now. Well, I said, it isn't working for me. After trouble shooting the connectivity to my car, the rep put me on hold, then came back on the line to tell me they are having issues again. I've read about them having problems from time to time, but I have to wonder about the software engineers abilities. I never put people down, but, I mean, what's going on with these people? Is there, perhaps, another app that can monitor charging? As I mentioned, that's all I'm concerned with.

Thanks, folks.
There are (literally) dozens of threads over a dozen years on this topic (once called CarWings)...and they pretty much all say the same thing. The service has always been "free" and always been "problematic". The only alternative is OVMS, and I'm not 100% sure it is compatible with Gen2 Leafs (I know it is with all Gen1 Leafs). It is what it is (and I used it up until the time that 3G was no longer supported).

ElectriCute said:
After trouble shooting the connectivity to my car, the rep put me on hold, then came back on the line to tell me they are having issues again.
That's a huge improvement from when I had my 2013. That is, they told you they are having issues again!

Back