New MyNissanLeaf Logo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indyflick

In the "LEAF Photoshop Fun" thread, evnow suggested we develop a new logo for MyNissanLeaf website. So the idea is to collect a bunch of submissions and then we'll vote on them. Here's the original logo.

site_logo_original.gif

The format is Gif, 400 pixels wide, 94 pixels high, & 96 dpi resolution. Try to stay below the roof line and no further left than the "M" so there's the correct "white" space on the top and left of the webpage.

Here's are my first two submissions. Both are using the original logo type. I'm working on some more, so ya better get hustling!

Indy-1

site_logo_Car_1a.gif

Indy-2

site_logo_Shifter_1a.gif

BruinLEAFer said:
I think LEAF is an acronym and should be all caps.

You're absolutely correct Bruin. It is and it should be all caps. I've noticed a lot of people on here and in the news articles don't seem to realize that.

Here are two more in a Deco font. Doesn't really go with the style of the webpage, I just like the font. :lol:

Indy-5

site_logo_Car_3a.gif

Indy-6

site_logo_Shifter_3a.gif

indyflick said:
Here are two more in a Deco font. Doesn't really go with the style of the webpage, I just like the font. :lol:

Indy-5

site_logo_Car_3a.gif

Indy-6

site_logo_Shifter_3a.gif

I like these too.

ps : Is this the demo version of the car, instead of the production version (see the mirror shape).

The original is better than all the new ones, the car should not face left from a layout perspective and the shifter knob says nothing. It looks fine as it is and if anything needs fixing at the moment it would be the organization of the forum duplicate threads not the Logo.

evnow said:
I like these too.

ps : Is this the demo version of the car, instead of the production version (see the mirror shape).

What specifically is different on the mirrors between pre-production and production vehicles? I've look at a lot of photos but I can't figure out which version is which.

I found this photo of the mirror from the Aug 2009 announcement. So this has to be a least one of the pre-production styles.
nissan-leaf-world-reveal-rear-view-mirror.jpg

EVDRIVER said:
The original is better than all the new ones, the car should not face left from a layout perspective and the shifter knob says nothing. It looks fine as it is and if anything needs fixing at the moment it would be the organization of the forum duplicate threads not the Logo.

I disagree. The original needs changed. All he has to do is change 'Leaf' to LEAF. It just doesn't look good. By doing that simple thing, the original will look MUCH better AND will be grammatically correct.

leaffan said:
I disagree. The original needs changed. All he has to do is change 'Leaf' to LEAF. It just doesn't look good. By doing that simple thing, the original will look MUCH better AND will be grammatically correct.
That and the original uses the least flattering photo of the LEAF. They call that photo the "cat fish" photo. An elevated shot is best shot for a LEAF. Nissan uses the elevated shot a lot in many of their materials.

indyflick said:
What specifically is different on the mirrors between pre-production and production vehicles? I've look at a lot of photos but I can't figure out which version is which.

The demo ones are pointed - the production ones are rectangular ....

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=6555#p6555

leaf_100611-06_Low.jpg

leaffan said:
EVDRIVER said:

I meant the photo and position not the text. I doubt many here find the logo a low priority.

EVDRIVER said:
leaffan said:
EVDRIVER said:
I meant the photo and position not the text. I doubt many here find the logo a low priority.
Priority for what? Were just a bunch of users farting around. It not like our time can be better utilized doing something else on the site.

evnow said:
indyflick said:

The demo ones are pointed - the production ones are rectangular ....
I see and clearly that's black paint on the bottom and not a shadow. It also appears the window trim has gone from glossy black to flat black.

Typo- I meant High priority, it all seems like a complete petty waste of time and energy, like this thread. Filling dead airspace. A thread on the logo, really? Just leave it alone and wait for some news worth discussing.

Back