My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhinman

Picked up my 2015 SV with LED & Quick Charge option a week ago.

So far, I am impressed and satisfied. I installed a 220V charge station in my garage the day I picked it up.

The Leaf is smaller than what I am used to, but it rides and handles well. It's actually kind of fun to drive. I have driven it exclusively since I picked it up. I have a 20 mile round trip commute to work, and run other errands a lot of days. So far, I have plenty of range capacity and have only been charging it every other day. Once a week I make a 50 mile round trip drive mostly on a 75 MPH highway. I set the Leaf's cruise control on 75 and ran the A/C. The Leaf had no trouble at all hitting and maintaining 75 MPH. I was getting a little concerned about my range capacity, but got home with 16 miles left on the gauge. With my 220V charge station, it charges up in less than 4 hours.

I purchased my Leaf. I took a leap of faith that Nissan actually did improve the heat tolerance of the batteries as I live in a an area with really hot summers.

Yes, welcome to the future. Glad you like it. With a 20 mile RT commute, you'll be fine for a long time. You could do the 50 mile trip, even when the battery degrades a bit, if you just slow down some, 75 takes a lot of power.

Nhinman said:
I purchased my Leaf. I took a leap of faith that Nissan actually did improve the heat tolerance of the batteries as I live in a an area with really hot summers.
Welcome, fellow Texan! I purchased my LEAF too. I keep my car garaged when at home and in the parking garage at work. I don't expect the Texas heat to cause an issue for me.

It takes a little getting used to, but slow down on the highway. In my gas car, I would drive 70-75MPH on the highways, keeping up with most of the traffic. Now, to conserve battery, I drive 65-70MPH. It doesn't seem like a lot of difference, but the battery will thank you. You'll be surprised how few people actually pass you and how many you will pass at that speed. You won't feel like you're holding up traffic.

Back