New Chargepoint in LA/OC - San Gabriel, El Monte ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occ

I really like the Chargepoint network. http://www.mychargepoint.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . They have both Iphone and Andriod apps and both works great for us.

So I'm just using it to plan some longer distant trip yesterday, and I noticed the total under the Southern California area is now 105! The last time I checked (maybe 2 weeks ago, it was 97).

Looking a the SoCal area, I see that there's now a bunch between San Gabriel and El Monte!

Does anyone know anymore about those? Or were they there before, and the additions are just here and there?

BTW, SoCal is still way behind the SF Bay area.

Chargepoint is the best thing we've got going right now, but the Bay Area isn't as well covered as it might seem. Of the 257 listed, more than 90 are restricted to Google employees, and another couple dozen are restricted to other companies or municipalities.

Intentionally or not, Chargepoint does not provide a way to hide these when searching their web based map, so it is difficult to tell how many are available to the general public.

-leafarmer

leafarmer said:
Intentionally or not, Chargepoint does not provide a way to hide these (stations with access restricted) when searching their web based map, so it is difficult to tell how many are available to the general public.

If you're logged into the website with your driver account, you'll see only those stations that are accessible to you. If you visit the website to see the map and don't login, there's no way to tell who you are or what stations your account is allowed to use, so you see them all.

occ said:
I really like the Chargepoint network. >>>
Looking a the SoCal area, I see that there's now a bunch between San Gabriel and El Monte!
Does anyone know anymore about those? Or were they there before, and the additions are just here and there?
While logged in at Chargepoint, I see that the 9+2 units N. of I-60 near Walnut Grove Ave. are all SCE and their access is unrestricted. I have used similar SCE charging stations at Irwindale, and they are fine, but they are in an isolated location with no food. In Irwindale there are restrooms, but only during business hours. There is a small lunch room open during weekday noon time only.

Back