New case of Leafitis?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braineo

I left my Leaf in Atlanta while driving to the Florida panhandle and just noticed a low level vibration when accelerating my SUV. it does not happen when coasting or taking the foot off the accelerator.

Has it always been there and just noticed because I've been driving my Leaf almost exclusively since December?

is this a case of Leaf-itis?

braineo said:
I left my Leaf in Atlanta while driving to the Florida panhandle and just noticed a low level vibration when accelerating my SUV. it does not happen when coasting or taking the foot off the accelerator.

Has it always been there and just noticed because I've been driving my Leaf almost exclusively since December?

is this a case of Leaf-itis?

It could be one or more loose motor mounts.

Actually I have been noticing a lot of things like that: low rumble, smells, vibration, etc.. on my Lexus SUV, whereas my wife says it drives perfectly fine. You can put it down to a case of Leafitis

When I drove my Toyota Camry for the first time in months I couldn't believe how loud and rough it sounded. I adjusted after a bit and it sounded normal... but what a jarring experience after driving the Leaf for so long.

I came home from work yesterday in my Black Leaf. My wife said she needed gas in the van and asked me to get it for her. It was such an experience to drive the two different vehicles back to back. The van was noisy, smelly, blah, blah, blah.... I don't think I can buy another ICE car again. I too have Leafitis. My next vehicle will be the Telsa S.

BlackLeaf13 said:
I came home from work yesterday in my Black Leaf. My wife said she needed gas in the van and asked me to get it for her. It was such an experience to drive the two different vehicles back to back. The van was noisy, smelly, blah, blah, blah.... I don't think I can buy another ICE car again. I too have Leafitis. My next vehicle will be the Telsa S.

I drive both a Leaf and and a gas car and I like the change of pace each offers. I love the Leaf for the same reasons people mentioned. But I love the gas car simply because I don't have to drive like a grandmother on the freeway. There is something really nice about driving 70+ on the freeway and not having to worry about range.

BlackLeaf13 said:

The difference between women and men; They can have many pairs of shoes..switch hitters of a sort. Men: One pair and that's it.

Bottom line: Get rid of the ICE or put it in her closet!! Keep only the Leaf in yours or you will be going against your true nature!!

braineo said:
what, you don't drive the Leaf over 90+ mph? You have not lived yet!
Exactly. It's kind of fun keeping the accelerator floored and watching the speedo bounce between 92-93 mph.

:mrgreen:

x10guy said:
But I love the gas car simply because I don't have to drive like a grandmother on the freeway. There is something really nice about driving 70+ on the freeway and not having to worry about range.
That's what cars like the Rav4 EV and Model S are for...

Back