NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paula is all over LEAF owners going.

Hi JP,

We would LOVE for you to be there. Should be a lot of fun and you’ll get to meet LOTS of other EV drivers. Added you to the list.

Paula Smith

Regional Office Administrator - Tennessee
ECOtality, Inc

e: [email protected]
d: +1.615.823.7299
m: +1.615.973.6445

JPWhite said:
Paula is all over LEAF owners going.

Hi JP,

We would LOVE for you to be there. Should be a lot of fun and you’ll get to meet LOTS of other EV drivers. Added you to the list.

Paula Smith
Regional Office Administrator - Tennessee
ECOtality, Inc

e: [email protected]
d: +1.615.823.7299
m: +1.615.973.6445

I got added to the list too. One side note, I asked her about parking, she said there will be no parking passes, so if you want to park at the Loews Hotel they usually charge around $6. I think I'll be looking for free parking on the street.

ralphmc said:
fishfool said:
I emailed Paula to save a seat for me. It may be a non-event for Leaf owners, I don't know. I suspect this will be an opportunity to ask questions about the Blink network.

Is anyone interested in a meetup at the Farmers Market on Rosa Parks this Friday(3/2)? This is a Food Truck gathering with several food trucks,beer, wine & music. The Meat & 3 is from 6pm to 9pm.

Tom

Tom, that is a great Idea - hopefully the weather will cooperate, I would be glad to show up then.

Ralph

Anyone interested in a meetup at the Meat & 3 Food Truck gathering:

Some of the food trucks for Friday will be Hoss" Load Burgers, Deg Thai, Yayo's OMG, Smoke Et Al, etc. If you want to learn about the food trucks go to: nashfoodtrucks.com. When the weather is a problem the food trucks gather under the North-most canapy area at the Farmer Market on Rosa Parks Blvd so there is shelter. The event goes from 6pm to 9pm on Friday. I would suggest getting there around starting time because the lines for some trucks can get pretty long later on. There is plenty of parking around the market parking lots. The nearest easy access charging would be at Downtown Nissan about 2 miles North. Hope to see yall there.

Tom

I had a nice email from Paula and she mentioned that there were going to be some "snacks" there. So, I'll be packing my hand cart with zip lock bags and ice packs. That big deal they had at the Nissan HQ offered various turkey and ham tortilla wraps and I brought home enough to feed me and momma-san for a week. But seriously, I'll be there ... Diane is playing one of her Senior Olympic women's volleyball tourneys that night so after the EV Event at Lowe's we can all go up to Printer's Alley and raise hell at the titty bars. Just sayin' .. :lol:

A colleague at work said he saw a LEAF abandoned on Vietnam Veterans heading out of Gallatin towards Hendersonville.

Anyone know if one of our own got in trouble today?

JP

JPWhite said:
A colleague at work said he saw a LEAF abandoned on Vietnam Veterans heading out of Gallatin towards Hendersonville.

Anyone know if one of our own got in trouble today?

JP

Dont' know .. only Leafs I've seen in this area are mine, White, a Blue one, a Red one and a Black one. All in the vicinity of B'Hood ... Cool Springs. DOn't know about up yonder ...

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
I had a nice email from Paula and she mentioned that there were going to be some "snacks" there. So, I'll be packing my hand cart with zip lock bags and ice packs. That big deal they had at the Nissan HQ offered various turkey and ham tortilla wraps and I brought home enough to feed me and momma-san for a week. But seriously, I'll be there ... Diane is playing one of her Senior Olympic women's volleyball tourneys that night so after the EV Event at Lowe's we can all go up to Printer's Alley and raise hell at the titty bars. Just sayin' .. :lol:

-----------

I created a Facebook event for this @ http://www.facebook.com/events/111596572297410/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope we will see all of the 200 Leaf owners there, she did mention 200 seats right?

Ralph

I had a nice chat with Mickey at Cool Springs Nissan. I received one of those automatically generated "Bring your car in for service" letters. We joked about how I wanted the best possible auality oil and oil filter and he mentioned that it was about time to change the spark plugs. He also told me, seriously, that I don't need to worry about the firmware and front engine shield notice, that Ihe already has me scheduled for it at the 7500 mile check up. He says, just call them anytime a few days aheado; the "new" owner's manuals" are still on back order but not to worry about that.

All in all a good experience. I sent them a copy of the EV Event at Lowe's V'Bilt but I think they are already planned for attendence.

Cheers,

Dave

Good to see you all there Tuesday night. I just about had a cow when I paid for parking. $22.95. That's airport prices!! Jez Louise!

ralphmc said:
CWO4Mann said:

-----------

I created a Facebook event for this @ http://www.facebook.com/events/111596572297410/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope we will see all of the 200 Leaf owners there, she did mention 200 seats right?

Ralph

JPWhite said:
Good to see you all there Tuesday night. I just about had a cow when I paid for parking. $22.95. That's airport prices!! Jez Louise!

Are you serious?!?? I parked right across the street at Vanderbilt... free. They should have rotated your tires for you at that price.

TNleaf said:
JPWhite said:

Are you serious?!?? I parked right across the street at Vanderbilt... free. They should have rotated your tires for you at that price.

I regret the fact that I am being serios. That's 2 dollars short of what I spent on electric for the car last month.

We learn by our mistakes eh?

TNleaf said:
JPWhite said:

Shucks... I was a victim of the 22.95 too. If only we were as smart as TNLeaf...

ALMOST!!!
My hubs (Speed Racer) got pulled over for speeding downtown yesterday in the Leaf- 42 in a 35 zone with the 40mph sign in sight. He got off without a ticket somehow..lucky dog. Cop must have either liked the car or the fact that we bothered to get an "HOV" sticker :)

Eleafgrrl said:
ALMOST!!!
My hubs (Speed Racer) got pulled over for speeding downtown yesterday in the Leaf- 42 in a 35 zone with the 40mph sign in sight. He got off without a ticket somehow..lucky dog. Cop must have either liked the car or the fact that we bothered to get an "HOV" sticker :)

Phew, that was close.

Can you can the BS he fed to the cops so I can use that next time? :)

JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
ALMOST!!!

Phew, that was close.

Can you can the BS he fed to the cops so I can use that next time? :)

Lol the cop probably thought he got a bad reading on his speedometer. Those electric cars can't go 42 mph!!

Left the house in Greenbrier with 93 miles on the GOS, went down to Nolensville Pike, south of 440, then to Costco in W. N'ville on Charlotte Pike, then to hubs shop downtown, then up to Rivergate area before returning home. Actual miles:84. Mileage left on GOS:17 came in at an even 5.0 mile/kWh. Whew! No complaints about range from this gal! Oh, and no speeding tickets, either...

ralphmc said:
CWO4Mann said:

-----------

Ralph

OK Ralph / JP,
How was the event? # of people?
Learn anything new?
How many eV Project spots left in TN?
Checked the Facebook link, but no summary of the event.

TimLee said:
OK Ralph / JP,
How was the event? # of people?
Learn anything new?
How many eV Project spots left in TN?
Checked the Facebook link, but no summary of the event.

Just under 100 people came by, the event had a wide variety of speakers and was very informative. The highlight for me was listening to the LEAF owner who did the Knoxville to Nashville and back over Christmas. They didn't focus on the number of spots left, but more on what they had achieved, facts like I-40 is the most electrified interstate in the US and several other Tennessee is first in the US facts. Piedmont talked some about CNG station in Nashville, the Mayor's office about the Mayors purchase of a LEAF.

I got to sit in a Volt for the first time.

Thanks JP. Glad the event went well.
Has anyone in Nashville had the problem with the Blink DCFC only providing 67% charge when set for 80% that I discussed in the following link:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back