NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JP, How are the repairs going on your Leaf? I thought of you the other day. We were driving up our driveway at 4:30am and a black cow was standing in the middle of it. We didn't hit it but it was close. We tested the brakes...She took her time "moooving" out of the way before we were able to drive on. (Sorry, i couldn't resist...) Anyways, I was just wondering what the status was with your Leaf. Hope you already have it back!

TNleaf said:
Hearing that the L3 chargers are all down sucks. I'm 2 for 2 on being able to charge (at Nissan Frankling HQ and CB in Mboro), so my luck is bound to run out.

I thought I remember reading that TN is leading the states for the most L3 chargers installed, something like 6? This also means that we are the state with the most NON-functioning L3 chargers!

I didn't have any luck with the QC at Nissan HQ this past Saturday. I noticed that it was an "AV" brand charger and asked that I swipe an ID Card to get it started. I used my Blink card and it came alive. However, After I plugged in, the system cycled through "communicating with vehicle", then "charging" then "Charging stopped" very rapidly. I tried it a few times but with same results. Not sure what was going on as this was the first time I've used an L3 QC.

Regards,

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
TNleaf said:
Hearing that the L3 chargers are all down sucks. I'm 2 for 2 on being able to charge (at Nissan Frankling HQ and CB in Mboro), so my luck is bound to run out.

I thought I remember reading that TN is leading the states for the most L3 chargers installed, something like 6? This also means that we are the state with the most NON-functioning L3 chargers!

I didn't have any luck with the QC at Nissan HQ this past Saturday. I noticed that it was an "AV" brand charger and asked that I swipe an ID Card to get it started. I used my Blink card and it came alive. However, After I plugged in, the system cycled through "communicating with vehicle", then "charging" then "Charging stopped" very rapidly. I tried it a few times but with same results. Not sure what was going on as this was the first time I've used an L3 QC.

Regards,

Dave

If you go up to the front doors, on the far left there is a Call-box. Press it and a security officer will answer. Just tell him that you are there to use the L3 charger and he will send someone over with the RFID card. I charged on a Sunday there, so I can confirm they have someone onsite on the weekends.

TNleaf said:
CWO4Mann said:
TNleaf said:

Regards,

Dave

If you go up to the front doors, on the far left there is a Call-box. Press it and a security officer will answer. Just tell him that you are there to use the L3 charger and he will send someone over with the RFID card. I charged on a Sunday there, so I can confirm they have someone onsite on the weekends.

Ah so, Desuka! Perhaps the Blink card wasn't the correct ID card. I'll give it a try next weekend sometime so I can see how it works.

Thanks for the tip. I think I've seen your Leaf a couple of times on Cleghorn Ave in Nashville ... I work at Realty Title Co at 3815 Cleghorn. Still trying to get the company to put in an L2 station in our parking lot.

Regards,
Dave

CWO4Mann said:
Ah so, Desuka! Perhaps the Blink card wasn't the correct ID card. I'll give it a try next weekend sometime so I can see how it works.

Thanks for the tip. I think I've seen your Leaf a couple of times on Cleghorn Ave in Nashville ... I work at Realty Title Co at 3815 Cleghorn. Still trying to get the company to put in an L2 station in our parking lot.

Regards,
Dave

Yup, the Blink RFID shouldn't activate the one at Nissan in Franklin (which is an AV unit). The security officer should be able to help you out; they were very friendly when I came by.

Actually not my LEAF. I'm usually only in Nashville on the weekends, but I have seen several other LEAFs recently. Our building manager finally approved the project to get a L2 EVSE installed here (took so long since we are leasing this building). I'll post some pictures when it gets installed!

TNleaf said:
CWO4Mann said:

Regards,
Dave

Yup, the Blink RFID shouldn't activate the one at Nissan in Franklin (which is an AV unit). The security officer should be able to help you out; they were very friendly when I came by.

Actually not my LEAF. I'm usually only in Nashville on the weekends, but I have seen several other LEAFs recently. Our building manager finally approved the project to get a L2 EVSE installed here (took so long since we are leasing this building). I'll post some pictures when it gets installed!

OK, I got it! Thank you!

Dave

I just visited the L3 charger in Manchester TN. It is up and working, although my Leaf is back in Atlanta so I couldn't try it for myself. I had a nice chat with the electrician who was finishing up some odds and ends, he's been working on a lot of these around Tennessee. Last week I visited the one in Murfreesboro, it was out of service. The electrician said he thought it was working now and that was his next stop. I'll check on it sometime this week.

If I'm ever able to get my Leaf up here from Atlanta, I will be counting on all of the L3 chargers on my route to be working. It could really ruin my trip if one is out of service.

Eleafgrrl said:
JP, How are the repairs going on your Leaf? I thought of you the other day. We were driving up our driveway at 4:30am and a black cow was standing in the middle of it. We didn't hit it but it was close. We tested the brakes...She took her time "moooving" out of the way before we were able to drive on. (Sorry, i couldn't resist...) Anyways, I was just wondering what the status was with your Leaf. Hope you already have it back!

I should get it back Thursday 22nd Dec, just in time for Christmas. The body repairs are now complete. It just needs painting now. Interestingly they put on the new parts before painting them. I suppose there's a reason they do it that way around :)

Sorry for the slow response, I've stopped receiving emails when this thread gets posts. Didn't see your post.

Herm said:
JPWhite said:
Today blew.
Deer hit my LEAF did over $4k of damage

At least you are alive.. dont forget, the paint shop must remove the main traction battery if they have to bake the paint (in an oven). The door is aluminum and that will require special care to fix, most likely they will replace it with a new one, imported slowly from Japan :0

Is the hood damaged?

Hey Herm,

I got a copy of the Body Repair Manual for the 2011 LEAF today from the body shop. The manual states that they can bake the car in an oven with the traction battery installed up to 140 degrees. Above that the battery has to be removed. There are specific instructions for measuring the body temperature at the door sill. If you need a copy of the manual drop me a line.

They mentioned taking it to the Dealer after painting to double check everything is A OK.

JP

Another negative article on the lack of charger use appeared in The Tenneseean on December 10:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111210/BUSINESS01/312100037/Charging-stations-electric-cars-mostly-idle?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Business|s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve Schmidt

stevedj98 said:
Another negative article on the lack of charger use appeared in The Tenneseean on December 10:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111210/BUSINESS01/312100037/Charging-stations-electric-cars-mostly-idle?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Business|s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve Schmidt

I just read it and all of the comments. Valga me Dios! Did you read some of the comments from the "Top Commentators"?? Nothing like a non-issue to bring out the Loons. BTW, I'm a native of these here parts and wouldn't use the Tennessean paper to line the bottom of my cat Psycho's sand box.

Granted that there must be a whole lot of agitation on the parts of folks who perceive that EV owners are "getting something for nothing", or what ever their logic produces. There is a whole lot of agitation in our former republic about a lot of issues. My two kopecs worth is that anger about the Leaf is only a side issue which defines the overall anger of society during this time of Trial and Tribulation we are experiencing. There is enough blame to go around (as paraphrasing some of the Tennessean comments) to threaten overburdening lamp posts and brick walls.

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
I just read it and all of the comments. Valga me Dios! Did you read some of the comments from the "Top Commentators"?? Nothing like a non-issue to bring out the Loons. BTW, I'm a native of these here parts and wouldn't use the Tennessean paper to line the bottom of my cat Psycho's sand box.

Granted that there must be a whole lot of agitation on the parts of folks who perceive that EV owners are "getting something for nothing", or what ever their logic produces. There is a whole lot of agitation in our former republic about a lot of issues. My two kopecs worth is that anger about the Leaf is only a side issue which defines the overall anger of society during this time of Trial and Tribulation we are experiencing. There is enough blame to go around (as paraphrasing some of the Tennessean comments) to threaten overburdening lamp posts and brick walls.

Dave

Holy $&!@. I'm not sure if I'm glad that I read the comments or not. Granted, I got a major laugh at the crazy things some people said, but wow, I guess some people are ignorant as hell. The one guy, Landon, is a waste of the air he breathes. A better man than myself would say someone should try to help educate him, but as it looks he is too stubborn to learn better.

The writer of this article must not have talked to the manager of CB near me, bc I used their EVSE the week it was installed and even spoke to the manager saying how I appreciated CB getting EVSEs installed.

CWO4Mann said:
I just read it and all of the comments. Valga me Dios! Did you read some of the comments from the "Top Commentators"??

only 27 comments?, must not be a lot of interest about the Leaf in Tennessee.. any publicity is good publicity.

So we went to Murfressboro this weekend and planned on eating at CB and pick up and QC from the L3 Blinks. Good news, the L3 chargers were on. Bad news, BOTH L3 parking spots AND the L2 parking spot were taken. To rub salt in the wound, it was a GMC Sierra (truck) a GMC Yukon (SUV) and a mini-van.

Blink better re-think their membership fees. I won't be paying any type of membership fee for "public" charging infrastructure if I can't even park in the spots because they are all ICE'd. It appears that another EV driver made it there before us, because they had a left a note on the windshield of the Yukon.

TNleaf said:
Blink better re-think their membership fees. I won't be paying any type of membership fee for "public" charging infrastructure if I can't even park in the spots because they are all ICE'd.
Ain't that the truth!!

While it's all free we don't have a major beef (you get what you pay for), but once payment or subscriptions come online availability and reliability will be at the front of each EV owners mind.

Isn't it weird that it always seems to be the SUV owners that ICE these spaces?

The only SUV I want to see any of these spaces is this one
http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2011/12/dte_energy_receives_fleet_of_r.html

stevedj98 said:

Steve Schmidt

Two thoughts:

Perhaps the Tennessean could do an article about how often the public chargers are down and how that effects the rate of usage by electric car drivers...

Why couldn't they put a positive spin on it and support a company that is supplying lots of local jobs? Instead of this downer article, why not do an article in regards to the range being enough for the majority of users that we DON'T need public chargers on a regular basis?

Sorry, I am so tired of the "yeah, but" people out there that bring up the "lack" of range with these cars and I just feel that an article supporting the range issue would be helpful in supporting local jobs. Call me crazy...

Thursday night, we went downtown to the Predators hockey game and I saw not one, but two Leafs! That's a record for me. I waved at one but saw the other one from the rear, leaving the same parking lot we were in.

Eleafgrrl said:
stevedj98 said:

Steve Schmidt

Two thoughts:

Perhaps the Tennessean could do an article about how often the public chargers are down and how that effects the rate of usage by electric car drivers...

Why couldn't they put a positive spin on it and support a company that is supplying lots of local jobs? Instead of this downer article, why not do an article in regards to the range being enough for the majority of users that we DON'T need public chargers on a regular basis?

Sorry, I am so tired of the "yeah, but" people out there that bring up the "lack" of range with these cars and I just feel that an article supporting the range issue would be helpful in supporting local jobs. Call me crazy...

Excellent points but I doubt that ANY news media outlet would put a "positive spin" on a story. Being cheerful and positive about something is a journalistic trait seems to be missing from almost all media. After all, happy faces don't sell as much news as do faces of death.

Dave

Back