NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eleafgrrl said:
My hubs just called, they are installing two level 2' commercial units at his work today through the EV Project. They will be located at Accurate Staging, 840 Cowan Street, Nashville 37207. It's not too far from LP Field for those of you that are Titans fans.

Wow they got onto that quickly!!

Good to see downtown charging available. Be sure your husband adds the chargers to Plugshare so we can find them easily :)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Nissan HQ in Franklin, TN is getting the first L3 ChaDemo High-Speed LEAF charger installed today!

Check out the pictures on my blog at: http://ralphmc.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ralph

Eleafgrrl said:
kg4bec said:
TNleaf said:
What type of interest do we have for another meetup? I read a few "+1s" and I would also be available and willing to do another meetup. I may have someone willing to cater for our next event too :mrgreen:

As always, if the weather holds then I will attempt the flight. It was a bunch of fun last time and worth doing again.

I'm a happy camper today -- I got to drive the demo LEAF today for a few hours and I am loving LOVING LOVING this car! Probably put something like 60 miles on it with a mixture of back roads, highway, hilly and flat terrain, and the car took it all in its stride. It just works.

Had lunch with some friends and let them have a go as well. The universal comments were how quickly it accelerated and how quiet it was... and how limited the range was. Sigh. I tried. :)

Cheers, Bert

I'm in for a meet-up on that day, let me know if I can bring anything.

Hello Nashville Metro LEAFERS :)

Well I have sent out some Sponsor Request emails to a couple of parties - including Ecotality, Nissan, and Blink so that we can get our next Meet-Up together on:

National Plug In Day, taking place on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011

"What are you guys in greater Nashville area planing on:

National Plug In Day, taking place on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would love to have our next Metro Nashville Meetup then....

Let me know what your ideas are on this."

--------------------

It looks like we may have some great supporters out there - Paula Smith from Ecotality responded, that she
is investigating how and what we can do on that day with her support.

We should have tons of new LEAFERS joining us this time - maybe we should come up with a Web-site
I have a hosting service that I use for years now.

That way we share our success with everyone inside & out

Let me know guys & gals what you think about all of these ideas

[edit] I will be checking out some potential "green" minded "plug in" sites to see if they want us to come by that day,
and do some LEAFING as part of maybe a "parade" of LEAF.

If anyone would like to meet me or join for that effort feel free to PM me.

I would not mind to share my location using Latitude but there are too many spammers out there.[edit]

Ralph

JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
My hubs just called, they are installing two level 2' commercial units at his work today through the EV Project. They will be located at Accurate Staging, 840 Cowan Street, Nashville 37207. It's not too far from LP Field for those of you that are Titans fans.

Wow they got onto that quickly!!

Good to see downtown charging available. Be sure your husband adds the chargers to Plugshare so we can find them easily :)

They are not online yet, need to pass inspection...

ralphmc said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Nissan HQ in Franklin, TN is getting the first L3 ChaDemo High-Speed LEAF charger installed today!

Check out the pictures on my blog at: http://ralphmc.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ralph

Great post ralphmc!

This L3 is a lot different than the Eaton L3 at Murphy Express at 6398 Lee Highway @ Highway 153 in Chattanooga. See at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5349&start=20#p134781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any information on the manufacturer of the L3 at Nissan headquarters?

jwallace3 said:
Also they are Blink Network, but they were set up to where you didn't have to use your RFID card. You could just plug in, they were ready to charge and of course it is free. I did scan my RFID just to see if it would read it and it did just fine, but both were ready to charge without it.

Neither would charge my vehicle this afternoon when I dropped by. Neither would scan my RFID card either. I emailed Blink to get them to comment on that. Didn't see a phone number to call on the units.

I added the evse's to Plugshare database while I was there. I will update the record on file with them later today.

TimLee said:

looks like AeroVironment

http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/public_charging/#public_charging_a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Herm said:
TimLee said:

looks like AeroVironment

http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/public_charging/#public_charging_a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes it is and I posted some more detail pictures on my Blog: http://ralphmc.wordpress.com

The only pit fall I have on the whole thing is that the thing is locked up tight and you have to have the Nissan Employee card to get access to the plug. Well you may get access to it by asking the "security" post if you show up during the week but on weekends you are SOL.

That is about as short sited as any Company / Management can be - now that they put so much effort and money into the whole EV campaign - and claim innovation for all but it only applies to Nissan Employees not to there customers!!!!

Ralph

JPWhite said:
jwallace3 said:
Also they are Blink Network, but they were set up to where you didn't have to use your RFID card. You could just plug in, they were ready to charge and of course it is free. I did scan my RFID just to see if it would read it and it did just fine, but both were ready to charge without it.

Neither would charge my vehicle this afternoon when I dropped by. Neither would scan my RFID card either. I emailed Blink to get them to comment on that. Didn't see a phone number to call on the units.

I added the evse's to Plugshare database while I was there. I will update the record on file with them later today.

Here's what Blink say

JP,

The both of the Hendersonville McDonalds accounts that we have in our system are prospect status so I cannot confirm that a blink unit is actually installed. Until we have confirmation of the Blink installation, I cannot give more information.

Best Regards,

JPWhite said:
JPWhite said:
jwallace3 said:

Here's what Blink say

JP,

The both of the Hendersonville McDonalds accounts that we have in our system are prospect status so I cannot confirm that a blink unit is actually installed. Until we have confirmation of the Blink installation, I cannot give more information.

Best Regards,

Yes it takes them a while (3 months) average to update there - internal - snail mail communication. They don't use computers for that yet.

...and I agree they need some help....

Ralph :lol:

ralphmc said:
Yes it takes them a while (3 months) average to update there - internal - snail mail communication. They don't use computers for that yet.

...and I agree they need some help....

Ralph :lol:

At least I got a response same day on a weekend. Their customer support is better than Nissan's. As you say they need some additional help in other areas, like their database.

Regarding Plug-in Day Oct 16th

I will be checking out some potential "green" minded "plug in" sites to see if they want us to come by that day,

I would not mind to share my location using Latitude but there are too many spammers out there.

The Idea to support our Metro Nashville area Plug-in Sites at there sites on that day is IMHO the best way as oppose to having a centralized Meet-Up that day.

What we could do once we are on site of each vendor then we can do a live Video sharing (T-Mobile) Video Chat to each other to have a "virtual" Meet-up

Lets come up with a "volunteer" member plan who would like to support what site that day

We should have more LEAFERS then Vendor Sites so it would be great if several LEAFERS could be at one site at a time, or perhaps take turns.

Please give me your thoughts or of course PM me.

Ralph

New Shackle Island Road McDonald's in Hendersonville has a blink installed. It isn't powered up yet. Located on the side of the building just past the disabled spaces.

Soon we will be a two location EVSE city :)

ralphmc said:
Regarding Plug-in Day Oct 16th

I will be checking out some potential "green" minded "plug in" sites to see if they want us to come by that day,

I would not mind to share my location using Latitude but there are too many spammers out there.

The Idea to support our Metro Nashville area Plug-in Sites at there sites on that day is IMHO the best way as oppose to having a centralized Meet-Up that day.

What we could do once we are on site of each vendor then we can do a live Video sharing (T-Mobile) Video Chat to each other to have a "virtual" Meet-up

Lets come up with a "volunteer" member plan who would like to support what site that day

We should have more LEAFERS then Vendor Sites so it would be great if several LEAFERS could be at one site at a time, or perhaps take turns.

Please give me your thoughts or of course PM me.

Ralph

Ralph,

I saw your post here and on facebook. I sent you a PM through the forums, but it appears that your inbox may be full?

I tried the ones at Indian Lakes again, both didn't work. Called Blink and said they were opening a ticket for service. There are supposed to notify me once it is fixed.

JPWhite said:
New Shackle Island Road McDonald's in Hendersonville has a blink installed. It isn't powered up yet. Located on the side of the building just past the disabled spaces.

jwallace3 said:
I tried the ones at Indian Lakes again, both didn't work. Called Blink and said they were opening a ticket for service. There are supposed to notify me once it is fixed.

JPWhite said:

I did manage to go by there yesterday too on my hunt for Plug-in-America sites, and learned that they are "powered" on but are not communicating w. Mother ship. I tried to get the afternoon manager to flip the power switch for the two chargers off briefly so they can reset and "link-up" but he did not know which breaker to flip...

That is usually the problem with the BLINK units once they loose the connection to the WAN - they will not communicate again until you "reboot" the unit.

Ralph

jwallace3 said:

JPWhite said:

Interesting they didn't open a ticket wen I emailed them regarding the problem. They did enquire as to the address.

If anyone hasn't seen it, Ralph created a thread about the National Plug In Day, and how we think it would be a great opportunity for another meet-up.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this is something you're interested in, please let us know. Thanks!

Just another update, we have a location and sponsor near the Nashville Airport. Check out the post and let us know if this sounds good, thanks!

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=138748#p138748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back