My Carwings stops recording driving data

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volusiano

I just discovered today that my Carwings has stopped recorded driving data since 7/26. It recorded data just fine since the day I took the car home until 7/25. Any idea why?

Volusiano said:
I just discovered today that my Carwings has stopped recorded driving data since 7/26. It recorded data just fine since the day I took the car home until 7/25. Any idea why?
Please see this thread. If you haven't already done so, you should contact your dealer about getting a firmware update for the AV Control Unit and TCU. Tell them to reference NTB11-041 "2011 LEAF; NO TELEMATICS CONNECTION". The process should take about 90 minutes, assuming the dealer has the required SD card to perform the update.

Thank you! I'll be calling Nissan to set up an appointment tomorrow morning.

I wonder why this happens to only a few but not to everybody.

If you haven't run into the problem yet, but you know about this issue, would you have gone ahead and brought your car in to have it done?

One setting that you might want to verify is the frequency at which CarWings downloads to its servers in Japan. I had my Connect frequency at 120 minutes, and since I very rarely drove the car for that long of a period of time, the car never got to download info to the server. This was a part of my original problem that I did not discover until later. I reset the download frequency to "at power on". Since then, my CarWings account has been showing my usage data correctly and I have not missed a day.

Here is the path to set the download frequency on the car:

From the Navigation unit:

Menu>CarWings>CarWings Settings>Info Feed Settings>Download Automatically>Select Download Interval>Power On (or a frequency that is shorter than the time you actually drive the car on average).

Carwings has apparently not recorded any of our driving data since we took delivery in April. However, I am not aware of a compelling reason to do anything about this.

Back