More public Blinks in San Diego area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derkraut

This just announced this morning. I wonder why Blink stock keeps tanking. I bought some @ $3.75. BAD move, eh? :(

ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today that Macy's (NYSE:M) has become an EV Project partner. Through the partnership, ECOtality will install ECOtality's Blink Electric Vehicle (EV) Level 2 Commercial Pedestal Charging stations at Macy's store locations in the San Diego Metropolitan area. Macy's will work with ECOtality to pilot the use of Blink EV chargers, and if successful, may expand the project to more locations within The EV Project

Purchasing the stock was probably a bad idea.

They promised us 1,450 of the public L2 EVSEs. This press release only covers 12 more (6 stores * 2 at each store). If they continue at this rate we're going to expect another 100-120 more press releases in the San Diego area to get us up to the 1,450 number?

Ecotality come on and just install them. Don't waste your money on press releases!

L2 stations at out-of-the-way locations ... help primarily those going to (or near) those locations.

To help ALL EVers get around, the 50 or so WELL-PLACED QC stations are needed!

Hope they are planning on installing more than two in Fashion Valley mall. That place is central location to so many commuters in San Diego. Perfect place to kill 2 hours while waiting for "fill up".

Blink/Eco need to actually install stations like they said they would before investors feel confidence in them. I mean think about it. They get handed $100,000,000.00 to just go do what they said they do. Install EV charge stations. It doesnt get any better than this. Then they do.... nothing?!???? Did oil "get" to these guys or something??? It is all VERY strange. In an economy where cash is king they should have staff/contractors falling all over themselves to get sites completed and frantically Invoicing to get paid. Contractors are desperate for work and bids will be low if they get on it now. The funds will go much farther. At least pick all the low hanging fruit by swapping out legacy stations for Christ's sake. The lack of completed public sites is starting to get a little creepy.

derkraut said:
This just announced this morning. I wonder why Blink stock keeps tanking. I bought some @ $3.75. BAD move, eh? :(
I hope you at least tuned in to the investor's conference call last week, yes?
I did, and won't be buying ECTY anytime soon.

pssh wake me when they're installed. Including the federal money and private investors, the EV Project has about $230 million to install these chargers with. If I ended up waiting for these public chargers instead of getting one installed at home, I'd be bussing it today. Did someone buy ChargePoint stock? They seem to be the only company walking the walk. ;)

Problem with Installing chargers in the public places is that there is always a group of people or a person that stands is the way of the approval process. In our case Blink is ready to install four chargers at our workplace right away, completely free of charge, unfortunately it first has to be approved by underpaid generally unappreciated facility people that have to approve it first, and they do not (especially one guy) does not think it fair to the rest of the employees that we get this perk. In our case even electricity cost will be billed directly to the car owners. So only “perk” EV owner is getting is a reserved parking spot in a far remote part of the parking lot that no-one ever parks.

Sorry my post sounds more like a rant than a comment…</Rant>

GroundLoop said:
derkraut said:
I hope you at least tuned in to the investor's conference call last week, yes?
I did, and won't be buying ECTY anytime soon.

Yo Groundloop----unfortunately, I bought the stock before the investors conference. :oops:

I have zero faith in the EV Project public chargers at this point. I have contacted DoE and made my concerns known. Even if ECOtality had only installed a single public charger each week, since they were awarded the EV Project contract, they would have 90 up and running now. This contract is seriously broken. Here is the DoE contacts page. http://www.energy.gov/contact/index.htm

Jim66 said:
It's obvious they are spending all their time (and our tax $$) on negotiations & partnerships. All talk, no action. :(

Ya. Partnerships with oil companies maybe.

I sent an eMail as well. It would be good to have the DOE investigate what Ecotality is really up to in the EV Project. Here is the DOE eMail for anyone feeling "wordy".

[email protected]

I picked up some stock in the mid $3 range too. I'll probably get some more if it dips under $2 again. Purely speculative at this point but one of these companies is going to explode and make some people some money. Of course there are plenty that won't be around in a few years either. We know Ecotality at least has some guaranteed business through the end of the year or early 2012. I imagine by then they will have their software issues sorted and these issues will be a thing of the past.

What do you guys think about Ener1? There is an earnings call coming up in a week or so and I'm thinking of picking up some shares. Near it's 52 week low which is not a good sign but if the guidance is promising or even neutral it should rebound pretty good. Probably good for a trade at this point rather than a long term hold.

Jim66 said:
It's obvious they are spending all their time (and our tax $$) on negotiations & partnerships.
Actually, according to the share holders conference call, they are only spending 95% of your tax dollars on "Administration".

KeiJidosha said:
Actually, according to the share holders conference call, they are only spending 95% of your tax dollars on "Administration".
So...I didn't see a smiley, and your handle isn't EVDriver, so I wasn't sure if that's a joke, a typo, or the truth?

If they're really spending (and admitting to spending) 95% on administration, I want a tour of their offices!

Did you mean 5% on admin? Or was that a joke?

Or...?

Im a active trader of ECTY ..I first started trading ECTY about 6 months ago ..ECTY is what I call a safe stock..It is backed by the tax payer and its huge grant money it gave ECTY...I have been chasing the stock down on every 10 cent dip and most recently chased it down to 2.80, I think it hit 2.73..I then sell the same shares everytime it climbs 20 cents..

I believe the next quarter earnings report will be great and sometime this year the company will be bought out..GE would be the perfect company for ECTY to be purchased by sence they both produce chargers and GE has plenty money from not having to pay any taxes :lol:

Are you are a chartist? I've been looking at the candlesticks and it's not giving any strong buy signals. Not really a whole lot of activity actually. I don't think this quarter will be that exciting since installs have just recently commenced. I imagine since they are now getting units in the field and generating some revenue that their guidance for the next quarter will be fairly positive. I'll look for an opportunity to pick some more shares up pre-earnings call.

lonndoggie said:
I would have guessed the number might be higher than 95%. If they've contracted to put in public chargers and they haven't done that yet, almost everything they've spent has to be administration costs. When they install chargers that percentage should drop. But until they actually start installations most everything they spend will be administrative charges.

SanDust said:
lonndoggie said:
I would have guessed the number might be higher than 95%. If they've contracted to put in public chargers and they haven't done that yet, almost everything they've spent has to be administration costs. When they install chargers that percentage should drop. But until they actually start installations most everything they spend will be administrative charges.
There's a big difference between 95% of all expenditures so far going to admin costs and 95% of your tax dollars going to admin costs.

The former, probably so. The later...I hope not, but that's what the poster said.

EDIT: Also, a fair portion of their budget is going into installing and supplying Blink EVSEs to consumers.

Back