Modifications on a Lease?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vorter

What modifications can be done on a leased leaf? I was looking at the DRL mod and a few others but they all involve permanent molding.

I do not believe that it is any dealerships call, when you lease a car/LEAF you are usually leasing it from Nissan, not the dealership who conducted the transaction.
the OP would be well served if he took his question to NISSAN

apvbguy said:
I do not believe that it is any dealerships call, when you lease a car/LEAF you are usually leasing it from Nissan, not the dealership who conducted the transaction.

Good point, although I think Nissan would have to, or at least would honor what a dealer said if it were close to their own guidelines.

LeftieBiker said:
apvbguy said:

Good point, although I think Nissan would have to, or at least would honor what a dealer said if it were close to their own guidelines.
what makes you think that?

LeftieBiker said:
Dealers are the agents who sell the leases.
the dealers are the agents who do the work for Nissan, Nissan is the one leasing the car not the dealer, the dealer cannot grant anything more than Nissan allows

apvbguy said:
LeftieBiker said:
Dealers are the agents who sell the leases.
the dealers are the agents who do the work for Nissan, Nissan is the one leasing the car not the dealer, the dealer cannot grant anything more than Nissan allows

Yes, but as agents of the leaseholder, the dealers would be responsible for any mistakes they make, and I think Nissan would tend to forgive those mistakes when minor. Obviously neither of us knows the definitive answer, though.

Just turned mine in, Nissan will send you a disclosure notice saying what wear and tear is acceptable, as for mods you are not supposed to return it with and mods apart from window tint. and that has stipulations.

That said I added HID High Beams, HID Fog Lights, Upgraded speakers, attached Dynamat to doors and floorpan, upgraded the horn (that was the first thing the day after I got the car) Window tint, changed all incandescent bulbs to LED's. took off the Zero Emission badge from the back and added ELECRTIC.

The firm Nissan uses to check the car out when you turn it in would never know but the guy that was supposed to look over the car was sick so the service manager looked it over, he just smiled when he saw the HID boxes and he even sounded the horn guess he knew.

But never gave me any grief.

Brightonuk said:
Just turned mine in, Nissan will send you a disclosure notice saying what wear and tear is acceptable, as for mods you are not supposed to return it with and mods apart from window tint. and that has stipulations.

That said I added HID High Beams, HID Fog Lights, Upgraded speakers, attached Dynamat to doors and floorpan, upgraded the horn (that was the first thing the day after I got the car) Window tint, changed all incandescent bulbs to LED's. took off the Zero Emission badge from the back and added ELECRTIC.

The firm Nissan uses to check the car out when you turn it in would never know but the guy that was supposed to look over the car was sick so the service manager looked it over, he just smiled when he saw the HID boxes and he even sounded the horn guess he knew.

But never gave me any grief.

Hmm maybe I'll consider a few reversible mods. I don't understand why everyone is upgrading the horn. Is it just to make it louder? It sounds like any regular car horn to me.

Hmm maybe I'll consider a few reversible mods. I don't understand why everyone is upgrading the horn. Is it just to make it louder? It sounds like any regular car horn to me.[/quote]

LMAO unless they fixed the horn in later models but the early ones were Meep Meep horns

Vorter said:
Hmm maybe I'll consider a few reversible mods. I don't understand why everyone is upgrading the horn. Is it just to make it louder? It sounds like any regular car horn to me.
compensating for something :lol:
that said one of the best horns I had was on a porsche 911, when you sounded that horn it got people's attention

I want my horn to be loud and sound like a horn. Meep does not cut it.

It cost me under 12 dollars and half an hour of time to swap the horns out.

apvbguy said:
GlennD said:
I want my horn to be loud and sound like a horn. Meep does not cut it.

It cost me under 12 dollars and half an hour of time to swap the horns out.
how often do you actually use the horn?

I rarely use the horn but for the cheap investment I want it to sound like a real horn in an emergency situation.

Back