Metro Nashville Area National Plug In Day Oct 16th 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ralph,

That is great. I figured someone already had been in touch with them but didn't see Nashville listed on the cities list so I mentioned to them that you had this going.

I am hoping to be able to get people around the Franklin area to meet up at Nissan HQ in the visitors parking lot (One Nissan Way) around 12noon so we can parade a bunch of cars from Nissan to Schneider. If you know anyway to get that info out that would be great.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this.

Regards,
Ken

ksaltman said:
Hey Ralph,

That is great. I figured someone already had been in touch with them but didn't see Nashville listed on the cities list so I mentioned to them that you had this going.

I am hoping to be able to get people around the Franklin area to meet up at Nissan HQ in the visitors parking lot (One Nissan Way) around 12noon so we can parade a bunch of cars from Nissan to Schneider. If you know anyway to get that info out that would be great.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this.

Regards,
Ken

Yes, that is also a great Idea, and I did reply to you the other day, to let you know that I will go to Franklin Nissan HQ to meet you there - to "parade" out to the Airport.

I have been in touch with a few higher ups at Nissan, who promissed to spread the word to the 280+ Leaf owners in town - so they can join us either at NHQ - or at Schneider Electric.

On my FB event at http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=180710912007745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I have gotten a few response from the Nissan Contact as well about the needed support for the event.

I believe it will be a great one this time.

Ralph

P.s our first LEAF owner meet-up at the Smyrna Solar powered 9 Blink charging site we had about 20 owners
there during the course of the day.

Hey Ralph,

I think perhaps my wires got crossed between the time I casually suggested meeting up at NHQ for a rally to somewhere and when you announced the meet up place and time @ Schneider.

Looking forward to the event and meeting you and the other local Leaf owners.

Ksaltman,

Yes I will actually come out to Franklin NHQ to meet you there (and possible others) to "parade" down to Nashvegas - for the final get together there at Schneider Electric.

Ralph

ksaltman said:
Hey Ralph,

I think perhaps my wires got crossed between the time I casually suggested meeting up at NHQ for a rally to somewhere and when you announced the meet up place and time @ Schneider.

Looking forward to the event and meeting you and the other local Leaf owners.

Nice! I just noticed PIA updated the website;

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday/nashville" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very awesome :mrgreen:

Also looks like the Nissan LEAF facebook page created facebook events for all of the cities listed on the pluginamerica website.

I welcome the extra traction, it may pickup a few more interested people!

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=163146650441580" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Monteagle is about 55 miles on I-24 from Chattanooga and up Monteagle Mountain. If there were another charger between Chattanooga and there, I'd venture up. But that 8 mile hill on I-24 gives me range anxiety!

The Town Of Monteagle Gets Plugged In
posted October 13, 2011

The town of Monteagle is celebrating National Plug In Day on Monday, at 10 a.m. CDT with a ribbon cutting ceremony for its new BLINK electric car charging station received through the national EV (Electric Vehicle) Project.

The new BLINK charging station will be located in front of Hannah Pickett Park behind Monteagle City Hall. Everyone is welcome to attend the ribbon cutting and hear about the new environmentally friendly addition to Monteagle’s infrastructure.

The federally-funded EV Project, which officially launched Oct. 1, 2009, will be the largest deployment of electric vehicles and charge infrastructure in history. ECOtality, project manager for the EV Project, is deploying approximately 14,000 BLINK chargers in 18 major cities and metropolitan areas located in six states and the District of Columbia: California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, and Washington, D.C. Chevrolet and Nissan North America are partners in The EV Project.

Monteagle was strategically chosen to compliment the charging infrastructure triangle between Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga. Monteagle will have three local charging stations.

Visit http://www.ecotality.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more details on the EV Project. Contact Monteagle City Hall at 931 924-2265 for more information on the ribbon cutting.

Steve

Looks like I won't be able to make the big meetup. Hendersonville Mayor's office called me at work on Wed to make sure I was attending. He said that he was hoping that at least me and hopefully a few other EV drivers would be in attendance because there are several people involved with the installation of chargers in the area who were wanting to speak with EV drivers. I guess he's mainly talking about people from ecotality, but none the less, I will represent EVers in Hendersonville on Sunday. After all it would be pretty bad if none showed up. So maybe I'll see you guys at the next meetup!

Jwallace3,

If you have T-mobile Video Chat - or some means of video conferencing on your Smartphone than you could open a call to us, PM me for the number - and we can do a live back and forth and be virtually present at your ribbon cutting ceremony.

Do you know if they have finally come up with some good signs showing "EV only"?

If you find that no one shows up there, then just suggest to them (incl. the Mayor) to come down here, to our event - and get some real magic going. :)

Ralph

Hi All,

Just a few details about the Rally from Nissan N.A. HQ to the Nashville Plug In America event. In order to maximize the public expose I am suggesting that we follow a route which does not include freeways. Below is a route ~23 miles long which is, fairly straight forward, does not use any freeways and would have good exposure, especially along Franklin Road and Harding Place.

In order to help us communicate between vehicles during the drive, should anyone get stuck at a light or gets off course I have set up a conference dial in that people can use.

I will also have a limited number of flyers with the route and dial in details when we meet on Sunday.

Of course I encourage anyone to jump on the call if they wish to follow our progress. Please PM me for conference details.

Finally, it is important that people who wish to join the rally meet in the visitors parking lot at 1 Nissan Way no later than 12noon. We need to leave shortly after that so we can arrive at Schneider Electric around 1pm.

Thanks everyone for helping to get the word out.

---

Start: 1 Nissan Way Franklin, TN 37067

1. Head northwest toward Carothers Pkwy 0.4 mi
2. Turn left onto Carothers Pkwy 1.8 mi
3. Slight left onto Moores Ln 2.0 mi
4. Turn right onto US-31 N/Franklin Rd Continue to follow US-31 N 8.9 mi
5. Turn right onto TN-255/Harding Pl Continue to follow TN-255 9.7 mi
6. Turn right onto Elm Hill Pike 0.3 mi
7. Take the 1st right onto Airport Center Dr Destination will be on the right 7 ft

Arrive: 1010 Airport Center Dr Nashville, TN 37214

ksaltman said:
Hi All,

Just a few details about the Rally from Nissan N.A. HQ to the Nashville Plug In America event. In order to maximize the public expose I am suggesting that we follow a route which does not include freeways. Below is a route ~23 miles long which is, fairly straight forward, does not use any freeways and would have good exposure, especially along Franklin Road and Harding Place.

In order to help us communicate between vehicles during the drive, should anyone get stuck at a light or gets off course I have set up a conference dial in that people can use.

I will also have a limited number of flyers with the route and dial in details when we meet on Sunday.

Of course I encourage anyone to jump on the call if they wish to follow our progress. Please PM me for conference details.

Finally, it is important that people who wish to join the rally meet in the visitors parking lot at 1 Nissan Way no later than 12noon. We need to leave shortly after that so we can arrive at Schneider Electric around 1pm.

Thanks everyone for helping to get the word out.
---
Start: 1 Nissan Way Franklin, TN 37067

1. Head northwest toward Carothers Pkwy 0.4 mi
2. Turn left onto Carothers Pkwy 1.8 mi
3. Slight left onto Moores Ln 2.0 mi
4. Turn right onto US-31 N/Franklin Rd Continue to follow US-31 N 8.9 mi
5. Turn right onto TN-255/Harding Pl Continue to follow TN-255 9.7 mi
6. Turn right onto Elm Hill Pike 0.3 mi
7. Take the 1st right onto Airport Center Dr Destination will be on the right 7 ft

Arrive: 1010 Airport Center Dr Nashville, TN 37214

That's a great idea, and as you pointed out, the route should give some great exposure while avoiding the highways.

For anyone interested, here is a link of that route on Google Maps. Note: the direction you listed above were the fault of google maps, but in my link, it shows the correct ending location (at =SE= on the map). Please review my link and make sure that looks correct to you too.

Thanks for putting that together, ksaltman, and if you (or anyone) have a passenger, I'd suggest taking pictures along the way so we can share them at the end of the day. :mrgreen:

You guys should consider a rolling blockade of the hwy at 55mph, you would get lots more publicity and save lots and lots of oil..

Herm said:
You guys should consider a rolling blockade of the hwy at 55mph, you would get lots more publicity and save lots and lots of oil..

That's more of a protest action rather than a celebration action.

JPWhite said:
Herm said:

JP,

Did you check on the McD's signage lately, have the put any signs up, so that the PID celbration tomorrow does not go into ICE parking slots?

Ralph

ralphmc said:
JPWhite said:
Herm said:

JP,

Did you check on the McD's signage lately, have the put any signs up, so that the PID celbration tomorrow does not go into ICE parking slots?

Ralph

No signage yet. Both charging slots were ICE'd again today so LEAF's in other spots may be the only option :-(

The restaurant is extremely busy being in a prime location and also brand new. There will be plenty of people to witness the grand opening of the chargers and bring awareness to the general public about EV's and their capabilities.

I guess the owner will block the spaces off first thing Sunday morning; he knows the Mayor will be there. The naughty side of me hopes the spaces are ICE'd when the Mayor arrives and brings to light the need for better demarcation and maybe a bye-law or three to keep ICE cars out.

jwallace3 said:
Looks like I won't be able to make the big meetup. Hendersonville Mayor's office called me at work on Wed to make sure I was attending. He said that he was hoping that at least me and hopefully a few other EV drivers would be in attendance because there are several people involved with the installation of chargers in the area who were wanting to speak with EV drivers. I guess he's mainly talking about people from ecotality, but none the less, I will represent EVers in Hendersonville on Sunday. After all it would be pretty bad if none showed up. So maybe I'll see you guys at the next meetup!

I think since I am north of town, I will stop by the Hendersonville event right at 1pm and stay for a while and then head down to Schneider. See you all on Sunday!

jwallace3 said:

HI, Where is this McDonalds? When I "google earth" it, it points to a residence on Indian Lake, south of Gallatin Pike. I have a feeling it is somewhere near Vietnam Veterans but don't know if it is north or south of it. Could you please let me know so I can come? Thanks, Jill

Eleafgrrl said:
jwallace3 said:

HI, Where is this McDonalds? When I "google earth" it, it points to a residence on Indian Lake, south of Gallatin Pike. I have a feeling it is somewhere near Vietnam Veterans but don't know if it is north or south of it. Could you please let me know so I can come? Thanks, Jill

Hello Eleafgrrl,

Do you have a PlugShare account?
http://www.plugshare.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sign on to it and then search Hendersonville, and move up towards
Address
258 Indian Lake Blvd
Hendersonville TN 37075
Phone
(615) 826-0091
About
2 Chargers at side of building where the disbaled spaces are located.
Charger Type
EV Plug (240v J1772)

Back