Metro Nashville Area National Plug In Day Oct 16th 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphmc

Hello Nashville Metro LEAFERS :)
---------------
What:
National Plug In Day: Nashville Celebration
When:
Sunday 10/16 from 1pm-3pm
Who:
Free event open to public
Where:
1010 Airpark Center Dr., Nashville, TN 37217
About the Event:
Schneider Electric will host Nashville's celebration of National Plug in Day 2011 on Sunday October 16th from 1pm to 3pm. Electric vehicle owners, enthusiasts and interested consumers will gather for a lively Q&A session about what it's really like to drive an EV everyday. The EV owners attending will showcase their electric rides and charge their batteries with one of the four on-site, level II EVlink chargers.

In addition to having first-hand access to EV owners, visitors will also see indoor and outdoor charging station demonstrations, learn about chargers available today, and charging station installation options. If you're in Nashville on October 16th, be sure to join the Plug In Day celebration.
------------------------

Well I have sent out some Sponsor Request emails to a couple of parties - including Ecotality, Nissan, and Blink so that we can get our next Meet-Up together on:

National Plug In Day, taking place on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011

"What are you guys in greater Nashville area planing on:

National Plug In Day, taking place on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[edit] Schneider Electric has happily agreed to help sponsor our event, and has given us the thumbs up to meet at their Nashville Airpark facility.
Here is a link via Google maps.
The address is: Schneider Electric, 1010 Airpark Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37217

It looks like we may have some great supporters out there - Paula Smith from Ecotality responded, that she
is investigating how and what we can do on that day with her support.

We should have tons of new LEAFERS joining us this time - maybe we should come up with a Web-site
I have a hosting service that I use for years now.

That way we share our success with everyone inside & out

Let me know guys & gals what you think about all of these ideas

I will be checking out some potential "green" minded "plug in" sites to see if they want us to come by that day,
and do some LEAFING as part of maybe a "parade" of LEAF.

If anyone would like to meet me or join for that effort feel free to PM me.

I would not mind to share my location using Latitude but there are too many spammers out there.

After spending almost all day Sunday to contact the current Blink L2 Charger Sites / Vendors, I am finding a lot of great support for our efforts from the companies visited.

So now all we need is Volunteers to be at the individual locations that Sunday!

Please PM me with your suggestions, so we can spin this off.

I am also planning on contacting our Local Media so that they can help spread the news for our planned outing ahead of time, to generate some more "traffic".

Ralph

About to have dinner, but I wanted to post that I will be attending this and I am really excited about having another meet-up; and a perfect day to have it!

I wanted to go ahead and reply and hopefully get some more interest in this event.

Ralph and I were discussing ideas for how we could be a part of the National Plug In Day.

I think a good idea would be to have a meet-up at a centralized location so that we can get as many LEAF/EVs in attendance as possible. Ideally our meet-up location would be central enough that LEAF/EV owners from all around Middle TN could attend. In addition, having multiple EVSE connections is ideal for anyone having to travel a long distance to the meetup location.

To keep in the spirit of National Plug In Day, at the conclusion of our meet-up, we could break into groups of 2-4 (depending on how many EVs we have show up) and go to a designated public charging location. Ralph has gone on several trips around the Middle TN area searching for and documenting active EVSEs. Once at these locations, it would be great to plug-in, and take a picture to share with everyone else (via these forums or whatever social media outlet you desire).

Some of the locations we were looking at are near the Nashville Airport (BNA). So it would be great if we can get a good idea of how many LEAFs, EVs, or attendees we would have interested. So if this sounds good to you, post here and let us know!

Hi,

I am here in Franklin about a mile from the Nissan Headquarters (No I do not work for or am in anyway associated with Nissan). I like the idea of organizing something for National Plug In Day and one thing that comes to mind is a Leaf rally. We could get as many local Leaf customers to do a rally from Nissan HQ to some place, perhaps downtown Nashville the location of the new L3 charging station or something (still a work in progress).

I've seen many Leafs in and around Nissan HQ and they have a great solar charging line (18 chargers) outside their HQ along with 2 L2 charges and 1 L3 charger.

I understand that a rally is something normally associated with a group of Harleys or something, but why not Leafs? (Yes I'm also a Vectrix owner so please don't judge me harshly about the Harley reference)

Anyway, that is my thought. I might have a way of getting some inside support at Nissan for this but would like to know anyone else's thoughts before I invest too much time in this.

Thanks

I'm excited to post an update on something I've been working on (I had previously spoken to Ralph about this, but we didn't want to post until it was official).

Schneider Electric has happily agreed to help sponsor our event, and has given us the thumbs up to meet at their Nashville Airpark facility.
Here is a link via Google maps.
The address is: Schneider Electric, 1010 Airpark Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37217

In addition to being a central location and less than 5 minutes from the airport, their facility has 2 outdoor EVSEs with 2 J1772 connections each. So we will have the ability to plug-in 4 LEAFs on Level 2 charging during our meet-up.
Schneider Electric will also have snacks and drinks for us at the event (if anyone has ideas or preferences, let me know and I will relay that information).
They are pretty excited about this too and will have some product handouts and an indoor EVSE demo at the event for us to see. Schneider Electric also mentioned interest in taking some photos and (at the atendees/owner's permission) post them on Facebook and twitter.

I think this is great for our National Plug In Day meet-up location. The next step is setting a time for our meet-up. Last time we started at 1:00pm, and it seemed like this worked out for several people.

So let's say for our meet-up event:

National Plug In Day -- Middle TN Area
Sunday, October 16th 2011
1010 Airpark Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37217
Time: 1:00pm to 3:00pm.

How does that work out for everyone?

Ralph has created a facebook event if anyone wanted to sign up there too or share it with family/friends.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180710912007745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi,

If anyone is interested in joining, I will be at the Nissan North American Headquarters at 12noon on October 16th and will leave to drive to the meet up at 12:15. If anyone else shows up I am thinking of driving a route which uses all surface streets and is about 20 miles from Nissan NA HQ to Schneider Electric.

1 Nissan Way
Franklin, TN 37067

Anyone interested in forming a Leaf parade please meet me there otherwise I'll see you at the Schneider facility at 1pm.

Thanks

kg4bec said:
Eleafgrrl said:
Sounds great! Will see you all at 1pm Sunday, with my LEAF this time...

Did you get your parking brake problem fixed? What was the problem, after all that?

Cheers, Bert

Hi Bert,
Yes, they fixed it. It was the brake actuator. We manually disengaged the brake per the owners manual and my hub took it to the dealership last Monday morning. They had to order the part but we had the car back by Tuesday afternoon. It is noticeably quieter when we engage/disengage the ebrake. First service issue occurring at exactly the one month mark-not too excited about that but it was fixed quickly so no biggie! Thanks for asking, hope to see you on the 16th!! I will pray to the weather gods for good flying weather!!

Eleafgrrl said:
Hi Bert,
Yes, they fixed it. It was the brake actuator. We manually disengaged the brake per the owners manual and my hub took it to the dealership last Monday morning. They had to order the part but we had the car back by Tuesday afternoon. It is noticeably quieter when we engage/disengage the ebrake. First service issue occurring at exactly the one month mark-not too excited about that but it was fixed quickly so no biggie! Thanks for asking, hope to see you on the 16th!! I will pray to the weather gods for good flying weather!!

Wow, Jill! I'm glad it was a quick fix for you.

I, too am hoping for good weather. I'm looking forward to catching up with you now that you have your very own LEAF! Hopefully see you (and all the other TN leafers) on the 16th.

Cheers, Bert

TNLeaf - I don't know how to contact you other than this forum but wanted to pass this information along. I will do my best to connect with the 3pm EDT call but I think you have been spearheading the meet up event so thought you might like to be on the call.

Regards -

=====
Dear National Plug In Day City Captains,

There will be more than 20 Plug In Day events nationwide this weekend -very exciting!

Please see if someone from your event organizing team can participate in one of the following two calls this Wednesday (especially if you missed the call a few weeks ago):

Wednesday, October 12 at 3pm ET (2pm central, 1pm mountain, 12pm pacific, and 9am Hawaii)
OR
Wednesday, October 12 at 8:45pm ET (7:45pm central, 6:45pm mountain, 5:45pm pacific, and 11:45am Hawaii)

(866) 501-6174 Conference code: 21508551892

Call Agenda:
* National Context for Plug In Day
* Quick intros/ event plans
* Talking Points (we'll be sending some suggested talking points this week to all and will discuss on this call)
* Media/Email/Social Media Outreach
* Other Tips (re inviting public officials, etc).
* Q and A

Also, FYI, Plug In America interviewed me for their Podcast about the effort, and it can be heard at http://www.pluginamerica.org/podcasts/sierra-club-and-national-plug-day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and more info is up at http://www.sierraclub.org/ev" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Looking forward to the call!

Thank you for posting that! I will be sure to make the call on Wednesday. If I don't make the 2pm CST call, I'll do my best to make the 7:45 one.

TNleaf said:
Thank you for posting that! I will be sure to make the call on Wednesday. If I don't make the 2pm CST call, I'll do my best to make the 7:45 one.
Since I iniated the Nashville Metro Leaf owners thing I had already been in contact with the two organizers peers at plugin america dot org. I will be attending the call.

If you have any questions related to event please pm me
Thanks Ralph

Back