Metro Nashville Area National Plug In Day Oct 16th 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eleafgrrl said:
jwallace3 said:
Looks like I won't be able to make the big meetup. Hendersonville Mayor's office called me at work on Wed to make sure I was attending. He said that he was hoping that at least me and hopefully a few other EV drivers would be in attendance because there are several people involved with the installation of chargers in the area who were wanting to speak with EV drivers. I guess he's mainly talking about people from ecotality, but none the less, I will represent EVers in Hendersonville on Sunday. After all it would be pretty bad if none showed up. So maybe I'll see you guys at the next meetup!

HI, Where is this McDonalds? When I "google earth" it, it points to a residence on Indian Lake, south of Gallatin Pike. I have a feeling it is somewhere near Vietnam Veterans but don't know if it is north or south of it. Could you please let me know so I can come? Thanks, Jill

It's near Streets of Indian Lake just few yards further off Viatnam Veterans.

My schedule has changed so I will be able to make the meet!!

Hope to see you Jill.

JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
jwallace3 said:
Looks like I won't be able to make the big meetup. Hendersonville Mayor's office called me at work on Wed to make sure I was attending. He said that he was hoping that at least me and hopefully a few other EV drivers would be in attendance because there are several people involved with the installation of chargers in the area who were wanting to speak with EV drivers. I guess he's mainly talking about people from ecotality, but none the less, I will represent EVers in Hendersonville on Sunday. After all it would be pretty bad if none showed up. So maybe I'll see you guys at the next meetup!

HI, Where is this McDonalds? When I "google earth" it, it points to a residence on Indian Lake, south of Gallatin Pike. I have a feeling it is somewhere near Vietnam Veterans but don't know if it is north or south of it. Could you please let me know so I can come? Thanks, Jill

It's near Streets of Indian Lake just few yards further off Viatnam Veterans.

My schedule has changed so I will be able to make the meet!!

Hope to see you Jill.

Very good! Will see you all tomorrow!

I'll open up the L2 charging stations and the DC Fast Charger at Nissan HQ aorund 11:30 today so attendees can top of before going to Nashville.

John

What a great turn-out! Thank you to everyone that showed up (I know several of those in attendance are not even on these forums) and helped to make this event a success.

Ralph and I counted about 20-something different LEAFs and 1 Chevy Volt. We had at least a dozen people without an EV that showed up and were interested in the technology. We should have a link this week with all of the photos from the photographer. I'll be putting up some pictures as well on facebook/flickr and sharing those here.

We had a representative from Blink/Ecotality, several Nissan employees, and Schneider Electric had a decent crowd of volunteers, EV drivers, and employees interested in the technology. I didn't get to personally meet EVERY person that showed up, but the conversation was great and it was an awesome way to celebrate National Plug In Day!

Ab6FwPsCEAIVTLA.jpg

So sorry that I could not make it. The weather was excellent. I knew when I got up this morning that I'd be too late to make it so I stayed in the local area instead. I hope you didn't wait around for me at the Smyrna airport.

Please do share the photos that you posted on facebook because you have to have a Facebook account to see them and I don't do Facebook. :)

Sounds like you all had a great turnout and I'm really happy to see that. I hope we get as good a turnout once LEAFs start appearing here in Alabama!

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:
So sorry that I could not make it. The weather was excellent. I knew when I got up this morning that I'd be too late to make it so I stayed in the local area instead. I hope you didn't wait around for me at the Smyrna airport.

Please do share the photos that you posted on facebook because you have to have a Facebook account to see them and I don't do Facebook. :)

Sounds like you all had a great turnout and I'm really happy to see that. I hope we get as good a turnout once LEAFs start appearing here in Alabama!

Cheers, Bert

You were missed Bert!!

Hey it's just 6 weeks or so before you get your LEAF. Just six more weeks of time BL (Before LEAF), then time will be measured as AL in AL.

JPWhite said:
kg4bec said:

Cheers, Bert

You were missed Bert!!

Hey it's just 6 weeks or so before you get your LEAF. Just six more weeks of time BL (Before LEAF), then time will be measured as AL in AL.

We missed you, Bert but I am glad to hear that you are rapidly approaching a delivery date!

JPWhite said:
You were missed Bert!!

I appreciate that!

Wow you're right, it really is only six weeks. Although the dealer can only tell me it should be here before Dec 31st. I hope it gets here before then!

Cheers, Bert

Eleafgrrl said:
We missed you, Bert but I am glad to hear that you are rapidly approaching a delivery date!

I wish I had gotten up early enough to fly up there. I was at an airshow at a private field the day before and they had some excitement there, so i was happy to get home and get a good nights sleep!

At least I was there in spirit. :). Maybe I'll head up there another day (weather permitting, always) and make a day of it. I would have liked to see you driving your LEAF instead of the big 'ol truck! (howzat for Southern Speak?). LOL

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:

Cheers, Bert

I checked for messages from you, but figured you hadn't planned on flying up when I didn't see any messages. You were missed indeed!

Also, we got the link to some of the pictures taken this weekend. If you showed up and didn't receive an email from Schneider Electric or if you hadn't signed up on the email list, private message me your email and I can forward over what was sent.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68842613@N03/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TNleaf said:
Also, we got the link to some of the pictures taken this weekend. If you showed up and didn't receive an email from Schneider Electric or if you hadn't signed up on the email list, private message me your email and I can forward over what was sent.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68842613@N03/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool, those look like the photos the event photographer took for you guys. Thanks for sharing :)

Did you guys see my post about the L3 charger in Franklin? I posted it today under regional discussions. Moral of the story is that it is a public L3 charger.

jwallace3 said:
Did you guys see my post about the L3 charger in Franklin? I posted it today under
regional discussions. Moral of the story is that it is a public L3 charger.

Check out my blog at: ralphmc.wordpress.com

it is all reported in detail w. pictures etc.

Ralph

Dang! It's a shame that I missed out on an excellent opportunity to learn more about Nissan Leafs (among other electric cars). Will there be any other events like this (in the Nashville area) in the next few months or next year? Speaking of Tennessee (and cars), does anyone also know of any movers knoxville companies? Just curious! :D

Back