May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a LEAF memo that went to dealers a week, or so, ago announcing an email campaign where they would notify LEAF reservationists of changes in their production status due to the disaster in Japan. There were three email templates that did not include any specifics. The first email went to people whose order was not affected. The second to people who Nissan could distinquish a time-frame of order affect. The third was to reservation holders whose order would be delayed an unknown period of time. The Oppama Assembly facility was reopened on 3/24, but I have seen no reports on production.

Same e-mail here. DB still at May. Very confusing to say the least.

EDIT: Just contacted chat, and they say:
Please disregard the e mail Ms. Marsh. We are working to get your vin number and will have your LEAF information as soon as possible. The e mail was mass mailed and is not applicable to you.

jwhitehouse said:
There was a LEAF memo that went to dealers a week, or so, ago announcing an email campaign where they would notify LEAF reservationists of changes in their production status due to the disaster in Japan. There were three email templates that did not include any specifics. The first email went to people whose order was not affected. The second to people who Nissan could distinquish a time-frame of order affect. The third was to reservation holders whose order would be delayed an unknown period of time. The Oppama Assembly facility was reopened on 3/24, but I have seen no reports on production.
I can't tell from this description which mine is. I'm also not sure what is meant by "people who Nissan could distinquish a time-frame of order affect." Does this mean delayed? If so, then how does it differ from the last group?

i received that email weeks ago. today i got another email:

(Name), we recently notified you that the estimated delivery timing on your "my account" page had been changed to "pending" as a result of the events in Japan.

Since some of our plants are resuming production again, we are in the process of scheduling your order. As soon as revised estimated delivery timing becomes available, we will refresh your "my account" page.

We will make sure we continue to update you regularly regarding delivery of your Nissan LEAF™.

Thank you for your continued support.

Feb 8 e-mail from Nissan: Hi Michael, congratulations! Your vehicle is scheduled to arrive at your Nissan Dealer in the month of April 2011.

I've logged in more often than I care to admit and noticed that it went April - May - April - May. No e-mails from Nissan.

Today e-mail from Nissan: Michael, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last few weeks. As a result of those events, you might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

Chat result: From what I see in your account your Nissan Leaf is still scheduled to be delivered in the Month of May, I would suggest you wait because the date will be updated with a more specific timeframe later this month. If you receive anymore notices stating a different delivery time, contact us at 1877-664-2738.

This is positively Kafka-esque. My DB status still says "month of May." But I got the email, which speaks about DB changes in the past tense.

I would love to call CS and begin squawking, but I have to get on a plane.

NISSAN: Do not deliver my Blue SL+QC to a line jumper! This has to be your most popular configuration. Deliver it to me, or someone ahead of me.

rshinde said:
Also received email at 2:44pm , but no dashboard change yet.

Now I got an email from EV Project today at 3:56pm PDT that they want to schedule installation of the charger. Adding more to the confusion. But on second though EVE Project may be going by the pre-Earthquake disruption delivery schedule.

rshinde said:
rshinde said:
Also received email at 2:44pm , but no dashboard change yet.

Now I got an email from EV Project today at 3:56pm PDT that they want to schedule installation of the charger. Adding more to the confusion. But on second though EVE Project may be going by the pre-Earthquake disruption delivery schedule.
My guess is that the EC Project has better information.

cinmar said:
Same e-mail here. DB still at May. Very confusing to say the least.

EDIT: Just contacted chat, and they say:
Please disregard the e mail Ms. Marsh. We are working to get your vin number and will have your LEAF information as soon as possible. The e mail was mass mailed and is not applicable to you.

I have been vocal with Nissan and I called CS and I got same response as Cinmar. I did get the pending email today. I was told to disregard. I was told by CS they are looking for a car that meets my specifications so it can be given to me. CS said someone would call me by the end of this week and that if they did not, to call CS back. Dashboard still shows May.

sdbmania said:
I have not gotten this e-mail yet, so maybe it doesn't apply to 2011 orders?
I ordered the Leaf on Jan 13, 2011. I got above email today about "Pending", but my DB was changed from April to May to Pending while back ago. Now, the DB is still showing “pending” without any question.

oh, no, I just checked my DB, and it switched to "pending" from Month of April.

Well, Nissan is going to have a hell of time to explain this. After all, in Brendon's Database, I had a VIN and hold at port :evil: :evil:

Just checked at 10PM PST and now I'm pending, formerly May, formerly April.

They better be more frequent with information like they stated in the email.

Fishleafer said:
oh, no, I just checked my DB, and it switched to "pending" from Month of April.
Ouch! After holding steady on "month of May 2011" all day, and CS telling me that that it would probably stay there, mine just flipped to "Pending", too, sometime in the last hour (while I was ogling the helicopter photos, looking for mine). Color change option is back, too. I'm sure I'm just one of many. Big sigh…

Checked DB at 9:45 and my status had changed to "pending". I'm gonna be pretty pissed if Nissan delivers those Jan./Feb. orders and we're left hanging! Nice vague email... :evil:

Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Del. When hell freezes over

Back