May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought those that moved back to pending did recieve an email that stated the earthquake and related mess caused the delay.
At least some did as I believe it has been posted at length a few times.

That is the explanation. What else is there to talk about? When the vehicle is scheduled the dashboard will again show the expected month.
Until then the options are just as before: 1) wait 2) cancel
Nissan is not going to call anyone with a play by play on what they are doing each day.

If it feels good to rant about it there is a thread just for that. And I will not read it.

Either this is April fool's joke or Nissan is moving thing along:

I opened my DB this morning and it switches back to Month of April for delivery, however, no date, no carwings yet.

Just to see if anyone has the similar experience.

No news here. May(be) this weekend will bring some updated information...

Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Del. Still month of May(be) :?

smkettner said:
What else is there to talk about?

How about the September orders who have no delivery date, just a month of May promise? How about the manifest unfairness of Nissan's line jumping delivery assignments which apparently are not being corrected? How about Nissan's taking in as many as 1500 vehicles in Long Beach but only opening Carwings for one squeaky wheel and one other on this board? 2 out of 1500?

smkettner said:
If it feels good to rant about it there is a thread just for that. And I will not read it.

You have an April delivery date. You can stick to the April thread.

avanti5010 said:
You certainly are optimistic. Where did you get your facts?

I do not agree with your statement that the word "pending" is a "full explanation" from Nissan. It tells one nothing about why a Sept/Oct order has not been filled yet. It tells one nothing about when an order will be filled.

Nissan owes us a FULL explanation at the least. It has been long enough since the disaster that they certainly must know what has happened with our orders and a FULL EXPLANATION IS IN ORDER!

If you are content with the "mushroom treatment", so be it. I'M NOT!

i saw someone write in January..
avanti5010 said:
For some of the kiddies here Santy Claus is late. Boohoo. :cry: GROW UP :!:

;-)

Beachcliffs said:
Still May(be) for me. :cry:
Update: received e-mail at 10:04 (PST) from Nissan indicating that my delivery status has been updated and to check my dashboard. So, I just checked my dashboard only to see no change. Looks like I will be checking in every hour or so today (as opposed to my usual habit of every other hour). ;)

Beachcliffs said:
Beachcliffs said:
Update: received e-mail at 10:04 (PST) from Nissan indicating that my delivery status has been updated and to check my dashboard. So, I just checked my dashboard only to see no change. Looks like I will be checking in every hour or so today (as opposed to my usual habit of every other hour). ;)
Great, just great.. now I have to check my email every 10 minutes too?

:)

GroundLoop said:
Beachcliffs said:
Beachcliffs said:
Great, just great.. now I have to check my email every 10 minutes too?

:)

It took 4 days before my dashboard changed

If I do not have a VIN (or do I? where do you find that?) and no set delivery for May yet...Am I a victim of a yet to be notified delayed delivery?

Does anyone really know?

buddf said:
If I do not have a VIN (or do I? where do you find that?) and no set delivery for May yet...Am I a victim of a yet to be notified delayed delivery?

Does anyone really know?

You may or may not have a VIN but you will not see it until you get an actual date for estimated delivery and then the bottom of the dashboard will open up.
Check back in when you have a date and cannot seem to find the VIN.

Good time to get yourself on the spreadsheet

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...kYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=0
click the instructions tab to submit your info

I did submit my info already, it must not have been updated yet. Just trying to figure out if it will be delivered in May still ;-)

Thanks for the info!

buddf said:

Does anyone really know?
While "only the shadow knows"' my guess is that if you are a fourth quarter order, Nissan is trying to make sure that your car will be delivered in May. If you are a 2011 order without a VIN, the odds of May probably drop.

leafkabob said:
TimLee said:
I disagree with Glenn's use of the term "line jumping". There's not any "line jumping" occurring. The people that ordered in January / February that got really quick delivery projections got a huge break due to the Nissan (or their subcontractor as someone was told) big mistake.

Tim, Glenn's use of the phrase "linejumpers" may be my fault. I used it in a previous post simply because it was too cumbersome to type "those who ordered in Jan/Feb and got VINS and mid-April delivery dates." I wasn't trying to be mean. If anyone can come up with a better one-word description, I'll gladly drop linejumpers. Granted it does imply that they had some part in the shift in sequence, when we all know that they did not.

I agree its hard to describe in one word. Maybe "misallocation". Or could call it "Order Queue Snafu" and use an acronym of OQS.

TimLee said:
leafkabob said:
TimLee said:
I disagree with Glenn's use of the term "line jumping". There's not any "line jumping" occurring. The people that ordered in January / February that got really quick delivery projections got a huge break due to the Nissan (or their subcontractor as someone was told) big mistake.

Tim, Glenn's use of the phrase "linejumpers" may be my fault. I used it in a previous post simply because it was too cumbersome to type "those who ordered in Jan/Feb and got VINS and mid-April delivery dates." I wasn't trying to be mean. If anyone can come up with a better one-word description, I'll gladly drop linejumpers. Granted it does imply that they had some part in the shift in sequence, when we all know that they did not.

I agree its hard to describe in one word. Maybe "misallocation". Or could call it "Order Queue Snafu" and use an acronym of OQS.
how about:
the lucky ducks
or just Lucky Ducks

Clean living pays off.

I reserved on April 20th, and wasn't able to order until Oct, but then promptly ordered. So hopefully May will stick... Decided to ask you guys on here since most of you seem decently informed. I have to agree with others though - more transparency would be nice!

Thanks again for the feedback!

No offense to the so called linejumpers I guess It is not by choice or evil methods they jumped over us... LOL

In this instance I will call them lucky ducks but I spell duck with an F....

cordero said:
No offense to the so called linejumpers I guess It is not by choice or evil methods they jumped over us... LOL

In this instance I will call them lucky ducks but I spell duck with an F....

WEAK

Back