Losing 12th bar, but keeps reappearing?!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they just got rid of the capacity bars. Just make it so as it loses capacity, it just finishes charging further and further away from 100 percent, and one by one, you lose fuel bars you are capable of charging to.

I lost a bar on our 2011, it came back 4 miles later and had it the rest of the day. It was gone the next morning and didn't come back even after the software update gave me back 6% capacity.

adric22 said:
Yes, this is actually an annoying aspect of how Nissan designed the instrument cluster. Once you start losing capacity bars it becomes increasingly difficult to look at your fuel bars and know how much charge you have left, especially at night. The capacity bars (when all 12 of them exist) work well to give your eyes a frame of reference. On the bright side, with the 2013 model you get a real SOC gauge that you can use,

but in 2011-2012 models you just have to live with it.

1) Agreed. They should have had them change color or something rather than disappear.

2) Gidometer (or such like)

Back