Local Atlanta Nissan dealer put BAG and LOCK on its charger.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
atlleaf said:
serrasolar.jpg

another chevy dealer with solar chargers

Pretty and functional (shade in a hot environment is a big plus). Put units like that all over town and I'd want an EV just so I could park in the shade all summer long.

caffeinekid said:
apvbguy said:
doberman said:
Dude...very "un-duuude"...thats pretty lame - I would call up Nissan Leaf and Nissan Corporate and let them know that a dealership is turning away people who could be potential advocates for electric car buyers. Its a great opportunity for potential customers to see a Leaf owner charging. Even if that Leaf owner bought from another dealership. Its allows potential customers to ask questions to actual owners.
do people really use the term "dude"?
why do you assume that the dealership is turning anyone away?
were you turned away? was anyone you know turned away? has anyone anywhere reported being turned away?
stop making unsubstantiated assumptions, it is annoying and childish, DUDE
do people really troll these days? Yes...apparently.
Whether or not someone was actually "turned away" makes no difference. The point that seems to be eluding you is that Nissan is pushing a 'new' product and needs to ensure that their representative dealerships aren't sullying the brand with behaviors that make their adopters uncomfortable. No one is leaching or scamming the dealer by charging their Leaf on a Nissan branded premises. As others have mentioned, what happens when the DC chargers start showing up? And yes, requiring someone to request use of a publicly accessible charger is less than welcoming, supportive and in poor CR form. Like most other things, if it is an issue of previous abuse, then address on an individual basis rather than punishing everyone. That mentality speaks volumes about the type of entity you (the dealership) are and people are sensitive to this. It is no better than only permitting access within the service bay.

Can I get a amen?!

mwalsh said:
braineo said:
I guess they are trying to avoid the guy that plugs in the morning and have the courtesy van take him to his work every day as I heard someone was doing at the Regal Roswell Nissan...

I ran into a guy like this a couple of weeks ago too. Pretty ballsy if you ask me.

Ballsy, opportunistic, and truly parsimonious. I resent being in the same consumer group as anyone who clearly abuses the system of convenience charging in that manner.

BudRaymond said:
Ballsy, opportunistic, and truly parsimonious. I resent being in the same consumer group as anyone who clearly abuses the system of convenience charging in that manner.
You get to resent it, the dealership has to deal with it.
Maybe they should have put the bag over the customer.

I live really close to this dealership. Unlike most dealerships, I was told that they bought their station outright (as opposed to having Nissan provide it). The usual policy about 24-hour accessibility was not valid for this case, and they can cover it, lock it, or do whatever they want.

IMO they are scared of someone breaking it—this station is a short 5-min walk from Chamblee marta station, and sees a good bit of foot traffic.

apvbguy said:
it doesn't say closed, go away, or not for your usage, the signage says to see manager.
in addition it appears that all the chargers at the chevy station are ICED, so there really isn't any difference in the level of access, is there?
Of course there is. In one case it's entirely open, in the other at the very least you need to go inside and talk to somebody. And if he is going to give access to anybody at any time why does he have this bag functioning as a gate to access? Easy answer: he isn't.

I agree with the post above yours: Who would you rather buy from?

I was there yesterday 02/16/2014 while picking up my Leaf, I asked about it and the salesman said that it wasn't working because Georgia Power had not hooked up the line to it. They did not even use it to charge my Leaf before I left.

mbender said:
RegGuheert said:
About half the population have no cajones! ;)
Yeah, but hopefully 100% have huevos! ;-)

With so much contentiousness bouncing back and forth, a little levity is both called for and appreciated... :)
Look, this is the US. There aren't cajones or heuvos here. There are balls or nuts. You want heuvos and cajones, go to Spain! (Did somebody mention contentiousness?) :twisted: ;)

BTW, I would hope that only about 49% of the population has balls, nuts, heuvos, or cajones.

Back