Local Atlanta Nissan dealer put BAG and LOCK on its charger.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlleaf

image_4938.jpg

Capitol City Nissan, Chamblee, GA

http://www.capcitynissan.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5211 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Chamblee, GA 30341

Anyone else dealer does the same?

But ironically, the chevy dealer up the street welcomes ALL ev's, leaf, volts, teslsa, everyone.
At its 6 station solar powered EVSEs.

image_2568.jpg

atlleaf said:
image_4938.jpg

Capitol City Nissan, Chamblee, GA

http://www.capcitynissan.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5211 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Chamblee, GA 30341

Anyone else dealer does the same?

But ironically, the chevy dealer up the street welcomes ALL ev's, leaf, volts, teslsa, everyone.

image_2568.jpg
Well....IMHO, that's a strange way of attracting business. :eek:

The dealer I've taken my Volt to has a similar solar powered canopy. I will have to ask what their policy is for other EVs to let people in the area know.
atlleaf said:
image_2568.jpg

it doesn't say closed, go away, or not for your usage, the signage says to see manager.
in addition it appears that all the chargers at the chevy station are ICED, so there really isn't any difference in the level of access, is there?

Even at the Chevy dealer it looks like all the spots are occupied, so you may need an extension cord.
http://www.tucsonev.com/J1772Extension.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really the only company that has this figured out is Tesla. The other car makers are just clueless when it comes to charge stations.

apvbguy said:
it doesn't say closed, go away, or not for your usage,...
Those words may not be printed on the ugly bag, but the message seems pretty clear to me: "The manager of this dealership does not give away anything for free and/or only sells EVs under protest. As a result, if you want to charge your EV here, you will need to negotiate your charge with him/her. If you did not buy your EV here, there is no need to apply within."

The message at the Chevy dealer is "We love the Chevy Volt! Look at the fancy charging facility we have installed with all the new Volts happily charging away! Come on in and let's talk about EVs! We are much nicer than that jerk down the street!"

RegGuheert said:
The message at the Chevy dealer is "We love the Chevy Volt! Look at the fancy charging facility we have installed with all the new Volts happily charging away! Come on in and let's talk about EVs! We are much nicer than that jerk down the street!"
I would agree with this, the message here is clear. I also think that the big solar canopy is great way to promote the EV experience.

RegGuheert said:
apvbguy said:
Those words may not be printed on the ugly bag, but the message seems pretty clear to me: "The manager of this dealership does not give away anything for free and/or only sells EVs under protest. As a result, if you want to charge your EV here, you will need to negotiate your charge with him/her. If you did not buy your EV here, there is no need to apply within."

my goodness, are you a GM shill?

Ok, too many jumps to conclusions: Someone down in Atlanta ask the manager "what's up?" Remember when someone busted up the plug in on a EVSE at some water dept up north? Everyone was saying, "Someone needs to do something". Remember when an unkind person stuck chewing gum in the plug in Dunwoody (or was it Roswell??).
Maybe this dealer has had some sort of attack on the machine??
Or maybe he/she is just a stupid jerk??
Ask and tell us, please.

Slight deviation of subject....

Will that solar canopy at the Atlanta Chevy dealer really charge 6 EV's or will it just charge 6 Chevy Volts? I am being sincere here, no sarcasm intended. 6 Leafs is 6 x 23KWH for a total of 138KWH of battery capacity. 6 Volts is 6 x 5KWH for a total of 30KWH battery capacity. Would that be level 1 or level 2 charging? Regardless of the answers to those questions I must admit I am impressed with the Chevy dealer putting in the solar charging. It is a great demonstration of where EV charging could be going. However, it is difficult to credit the dealer with being customer friendly. I don't see how anyone but the dealer can make use of it when all 6 stations are occupied. Kudos anyways. I liked seeing it.

If the solar canopy will charge 6 EV's, then I should be able to put one on my garage roof that is 6 times smaller to charge my single Leaf.

And I also agree to the comment that Tesla seems to have the charging stations all figured out. I am considering adding another EV this fall but I just can't justify the price of a model S.

Since I am a bit off subject already anyways...

In the signature of scottf200 he indicates that he gets 40 miles from his charged battery. I have seen this comment before. What is it that I am misunderstanding? The volt get 40 miles from a 5KWH battery and the Leaf gets 100 miles from a 23KWH battery? The Leaf battery is 4.6 times larger than the Volt, so the Leaf should get 40 times 4.6 which is 184 miles. Are numbers being stretched somewhere?

apvbguy said:
RegGuheert said:
apvbguy said:

Wouldn't buy a GM with a gun to my head, but I have to agree with the difference in message and attitude.

I had to stop at Capitol Nissan to get a few miles of range this past Thursday and was surprised by the cover. Asked the 1st person I saw and they immediately walked to the charger and got the connector under the wrap and plugged into my car.

I was surprised how nice they were. I guess they are trying to avoid the guy that plugs in the morning and have the courtesy van take him to his work every day as I heard someone was doing at the Regal Roswell Nissan....

They told me so far they are the #2 Leaf dealer in Atlanta. They had 1 SL premium, 2 SL regulars, 6 SV and one red S model for sale and any new order is taking 45 days for factory to deliver.

braineo said:
I guess they are trying to avoid the guy that plugs in the morning and have the courtesy van take him to his work every day as I heard someone was doing at the Regal Roswell Nissan...

I ran into a guy like this a couple of weeks ago too. Pretty ballsy if you ask me.

Now to be fair to my guy, his circumstances changed drastically since he bought the LEAF, simultaneously adding distance to his original commute and killing his workplace opportunity charging. And he did have a fold-up bike to get him to and from work instead of mooching any further off the dealership. But still...

He's stopped doing this now the dealer he'd been camping out at has a DCQC. But he still stops by every workday to take advantage of it.

WhiteBearLake said:
In the signature of scottf200 he indicates that he gets 40 miles from his charged battery. I have seen this comment before. What is it that I am misunderstanding? The volt get 40 miles from a 5KWH battery and the Leaf gets 100 miles from a 23KWH battery? The Leaf battery is 4.6 times larger than the Volt, so the Leaf should get 40 times 4.6 which is 184 miles. Are numbers being stretched somewhere?

The Volt actually has about 10-11kWh of usable capacity. In the summer many Volt owners get over 40. We had a Volt for a year and a half. Our best range was around 52. Of course, in the winter it dropped to as little as 26.

On the solar canopy, our 9.6kW system generates about 12,000 kWh each year. This would be about 48,000 miles for a Leaf or Roadster, probably 45,000 miles for a Volt and 36,000 miles for a Model S.
Cut those by 10% for charging losses.

apvbguy said:
Yep, that's me: Mr. GM Shill!
tstaton said:
Ok, too many jumps to conclusions: Someone down in Atlanta ask the manager "what's up?"
The reason doesn't matter. The first impressions of prospective EV customers approaching those two dealerships will be influenced by the "shingles" these dealers have hung out front. Perhaps the manager of that Nissan dealer does not understand that he/she has sending anti-EV messaging, especially when contrasted with his competitor. Like it or not, things like this do affect sales. I can only imagine being one of the salespeople having to explain/apologize for this.

WhiteBearLake said:
Will that solar canopy at the Atlanta Chevy dealer really charge 6 EV's or will it just charge 6 Chevy Volts?
I would guess it could charge about 100 LEAFs or Volts since they probably sit there fully charged most of the time.

RegGuheert said:
"The reason doesn't matter. The first impressions of prospective EV customers approaching those two dealerships will be influenced by the "shingles" these dealers have hung out front. Perhaps the manager of that Nissan dealer does not understand that he/she has sending anti-EV messaging, especially when contrasted with his competitor. Like it or not, things like this do affect sales. I can only imagine being one of the salespeople having to explain/apologize for this.
what nonsense, sorry maybe you are so easily scared away but there are many people who have the cajones to go in and ask for assistance and lo and behold the dealership was friendly and easy to deal with.
the moral to the story is invest more than a few seconds of brain time assessing a situation before issuing absurd proclamations

Back