LMAO @ Carmax

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubo said:
OPECsux said:
How foolish of me, the bill paid to the aceholes at Duke Power that claim to be raising the rates cause they aren't making money even though they just bought out Progress energy. Still better than taking up the old poop shoot at the gas pump!

No probs. I imagine the term "light bill" is probably one of those regional variations in our speech, which I actually find fascinating.

For example: coke vs pop vs soda

Yeah, I'm in a coke region, if you ask if I want a coke I'll respond yes and then specify the type/flavor/brand Im in the mood for

If you ask if I want a soda I'd respond the same way but realize you are from somewhere else.

If you ask if I want a pop I'm going to think you mean hard candy like a ringpop or frozen treat like a Popsicle. Either way I'm going to be confused and non productive conversation will occur until we get on the same page.

You guys are classy in my book (even though I'm not) I guess I'm so used to the Gixxer forum the most politically incorrect flamefest ever.

OPECsux said:
You guys are classy in my book (even though I'm not) I guess I'm so used to the Gixxer forum the most politically incorrect flamefest ever.
Why do you continue to make this personal? Your comments made several regulars question your manners and judgement. Why would you continue to feed this impression?

surfingslovak said:
OPECsux said:
Why do you continue to make this personal? Your comments made several regulars question your manners and judgement. Why would you continue to feed this impression?[/quote.
I ment that as a compliment.

surfingslovak said:
OPECsux said:
Why do you continue to make this personal? Your comments made several regulars question your manners and judgement. Why would you continue to feed this impression?

I'm not sure why he was seen as so out of line. Of course I didn't read the uncensored version of the original post but in general he came across to me as cordial in all his posts in this thread.

Unusual does not equal rude.

http://reads.kfpl.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DontPanicAndCarryATowel.jpg

:lol:

OPECsux... I'm trying to get a feed on you. If you're leg'it then I think you and I... we'd get along. I agree; if I saw the Leaf for the first time, not knowing what it was I would want it killed,... w/ FIRE! I've had mine for nearly 2 years and nope... still looks pretty homely to me. I've never owned a Subaru but a quite a few of my buddies have 'em... strangely all STis. You're rock'n a Gixxer, nice!... I use to rock a Ninja back in the days. I mourn the loss of the 240SX... I've owned 2 S13's, and 1 S14. Nissan's CVTs, tried it once... it's the work of the Devil. I'd like for Nissan to make good on their Esflow concept too (electric Z car derivative)... 'til then I'll keep my Z. Trees... very useful for giving bacon a wonderful smoked flavor.

You came to this forum at a good time. Two years ago if you would've mentioned something about cars that wasn't associated to fuel efficiency or how to reduce your carbon emissions, you'd get flamed like you were some kinda hieratic. Either they've mellowed out a bit, developed a sense of humor, or more normal people have joined since.

OPECsux said:
Edited first post cause it was sexist and offensive per moderator. It is what is and I am who I am. You guys would fit right in somewhere like Cuba or China.
I think you will find life on MNL much more "fulfilling" if you focus on commonalities rather than differences. There are people who don't agree with your political opinions right here in the US - infact a majority of the US citizens. They are not in Cuba or China - which are authoritarian and not liberal.

Drivesolo said:
:lol:

OPECsux... I'm trying to get a feed on you. If you're leg'it then I think you and I... we'd get along. I agree; if I saw the Leaf for the first time, not knowing what it was I would want it killed,... w/ FIRE! I've had mine for nearly 2 years and nope... still looks pretty homely to me. I've never owned a Subaru but a quite a few of my buddies have 'em... strangely all STis. You're rock'n a Gixxer, nice!... I use to rock a Ninja back in the days. I mourn the loss of the 240SX... I've owned 2 S13's, and 1 S14. Nissan's CVTs, tried it once... it's the work of the Devil. I'd like for Nissan to make good on their Esflow concept too (electric Z car derivative)... 'til then I'll keep my Z. Trees... very useful for giving bacon a wonderful smoked flavor.

You came to this forum at a good time. Two years ago if you would've mentioned something about cars that wasn't associated to fuel efficiency or how to reduce your carbon emissions, you'd get flamed like you were some kinda hieratic. Either they've mellowed out a bit, developed a sense of humor, or more normal people have joined since.

I wish you were a mod. I too hate that Nissan did away with the 240SX and after years of car guys begging Nissan for it's return they give us the Cube...WTF, if that's not bad enough their second attempt at a (cool sport car) is the Joke, I mean the Juke...ughh. I saw a NISMO Juke last week, guess what no manual trans only CVT. I honestly feel there is a niche in this niche electric market for a sub $30k sports car, and Nissan needs to wake up and snap out of the funk they've been in, glad to see the GTR is here and priced higher than my house :evil: The 370z and 350z are wins imo, the Sentra needs a manual and an SE-R model and please a turbo (stay tuned folks) and Juke needs a ground up restoration, that front end...facepalm, never mind, the Versa fills a need for a basic econo box (again give us a manual) , the new gen Pathfinder is a complete failure and gone away from it's off road roots, the Xterra is perfect just needs a decent radiator that doesn't leak anti-freeze into the trans cooler and ruining a $5000 trans at or about 100000 miles :evil: The Leaf needs to look more like a conventional car ala Audi A3 E-Tron. The Altima is cool just needs a manual no no no no no CVT :evil: The Murano should just go away along with the Cube. Phew damn that was a hell of a rant :lol:

evnow said:
OPECsux said:
Edited first post cause it was sexist and offensive per moderator. It is what is and I am who I am. You guys would fit right in somewhere like Cuba or China.
I think you will find life on MNL much more "fulfilling" if you focus on commonalities rather than differences. There are people who don't agree with your political opinions right here in the US - infact a majority of the US citizens. They are not in Cuba or China - which are authoritarian and not liberal.

I guess you have a liberal complex, I never accused you of being a Lib, but rather authoritarian. I know I'm rough around the edges but maybe I grow on you like hopefully the looks of this car will grow on me. Maybe a set of these would be a set in the right direction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-17x7-5-TSW-Nurburgring-5x114-3-5x4-5-45mm-Matte-Gunmetal-Rim-Wheel-17-/360694994870?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AJuke&hash=item53fb18d7b6&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now if only I could just find a nice exhaust system :?

OPECsux said:
I guess you have a liberal complex, I never accused you of being a Lib, but rather authoritarian. I know I'm rough around the edges but maybe I grow on you like hopefully the looks of this car will grow on me.

Personally, if I were a moderator here, I would have already put you in "time-out". Nonchalantly tossing out political flames just are NOT part of this forum.

You don't seem to learn very fast, but my first suggestion would be to stop your bizarro stereotyping; you clearly don't know what you're talking about. If they aren't meant to be flamebait, you'll have no difficulty stopping.

Politics, sex, religion... Find a different forum. Thanks.

Tony

TonyWilliams said:
OPECsux said:
I guess you have a liberal complex, I never accused you of being a Lib, but rather authoritarian. I know I'm rough around the edges but maybe I grow on you like hopefully the looks of this car will grow on me.

Personally, if I were a moderator here, I would have already put you in "time-out". Nonchalantly tossing out political flames just are NOT part of this forum.

You don't seem to learn very fast, but my first suggestion would be to stop your bizarro stereotyping; you clearly don't know what you're talking about. If they aren't meant to be flamebait, you'll have no difficulty stopping.

Tony

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely”- John Dalberg
Just because you don't agree with my opinions is no reason to try to coerce a mod into silencing me and it seems that you have quickly gone to name calling Mr. Williams. I won't insult or be offending towards you particularly because you share the same last names of one of my idols, Sir Frank Williams aka Sir Francis Owen Garbett Williams

Dude, this is a common problem. I offered in fairly straightforward terms what the corrective action is; trying to turn that into "I'm not the problem" won't get you far.

Also, this is why I don't waste a lot of time debating these things. Good luck.

So, to be clear: I really don't care what your message is... the fact that it is religion, politics or sex is already over the line. Clear enough?

Drivesolo said:
Either they've mellowed out a bit, developed a sense of humor, or more normal people have joined since.
That's an interesting observation. This used to be a tough forum to navigate without stirring up some controversy. As for disruptive posters: they come and go, and some of them adapt. It's not worth expending a lot of energy on.

TonyWilliams said:
Dude, this is a common problem. I offered in fairly straightforward terms what the corrective action is; trying to turn that into "I'm not the problem" won't get you far.

Also, this is why I don't waste a lot of time debating these things. Good luck.

So, to be clear: I really don't care what your message is... the fact that it is religion, politics or sex is already over the line. Clear enough?

I call BS, how many post do you have on this thread so far? If you didn't care what my message was, you could have read it, ignored it and blocked me, but instead you have chosen to engage me on this forum, belittle me, call me names (Bizzarro) and have me silenced, now your being condescending, you've been warned, now lets move forward amicably.

Rush Limbaugh says something to the effect freedom of speech doesn't guarantee you a megaphone (microphone?). Moderators don't restrict what anyone can say, they just restrict what you can say here.

OPECsux said:
TonyWilliams said:
OPECsux said:

Tony

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely”- John Dalberg
Just because you don't agree with my opinions is no reason to try to coerce a mod into silencing me and it seems that you have quickly gone to name calling Mr. Williams. I won't insult or be offending towards you particularly because you share the same last names of one of my idols, Sir Frank Williams aka Sir Francis Owen Garbett Williams

Which is why I did not ban you even after your snide remark in a PM to me. I don't believe in censoring people, there is no need as you will write your own path here, bacon grease or not. I did find it funny that you complained about a car that you thought was ugly but bought regardless, but I get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back