LMAO @ Carmax

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OPECsux

I bought a new Leaf 3 months ago despite the fact that I hate the looks of the car and thinking I'd grow to like it. Well 3500 miles later and I can't stand it, so I thought I'd get some idea of what the trade in would be by checking carmax especially after seeing a 2011 Leaf with 24k for sale at $22000. I should have known better, these blank must have thought I was on blank cause they offered me $17000, on my way out the door I realized the only way I'm getting an sti is to sell this rolling transportation appliance with frog eyes on autotrader or Craigslist list. BTW last night some douche text me asking for my PayPal info to send 25 large for the car, blank if you're going to try to scam me at least do it at a more civilized time of the day. Anyway rant over mods please don't ban me but this car's styling seems more fit for a blank anime character rather than a red meat eating merican like me. The only positive is that I'm saving a **** ton of money on gas, and my job lets me plug in so my light bill hasn't changed. Thanks for listening tree huggers!

PS No offense mentioned towards le people, you are God children and I love you too! Not sexual or anything, but as people, and I love you tree huggers too, the water and air taste great (although Bacon tastes better...mmmnnn Bacon)

Oh yeah and on my way to work a wannabe fast and furious civic tried to race me and I smoked the ish out of him, he wasn't fast but he sure was furious!

You must really miss going to gas stations, because your very first post was:

OPECsux said:
I just replaced my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with a base Leaf S. Loving the fact that gas stations just became irrelevant.

BTW I hear gas is going up again. On another forum, a member in NJ said that gas went up 14 cents/gal practically overnight. That's what I love about my Leaf, I don't sweat the volatility in the price of petroleum.

People can make fun of its looks; I make fun of them having to pay whatever Big Oil demands :lol:

$5,000 is the normal spread so $17,000 is generous IMO.
Good luck. Since you did not mention range issues.... I think LEAF may still grow on you ;)

Do you not dislike the interior?

If so, any hypnotherapist might be of help.

You see, after one session, everytime I picture my Leaf I envision the Leaf looking at a mirror and seeing a Tesla.

Problem solved.

I don't have any range issues at all and I still love the fact that I'm not buying gas and I actually don't even pay for Electricity either (environmental sustainability department perks) but I do miss the power and the styling of conventional gas cars, I'm considering either an sti, an FR-S or an IS350. At the same time given the amount of money I'm saving with the Leaf I'm not going to take a big loss on it, I'll probably keep it till lease is up and turn it in, especially after Nissan announced that replacement batteries can only be leased. Hopefully Nissan will gut a 370z and drop in a more powerful Leaf drivetrain in the back and then they'll have another sale...my 2¢

OPECsux said:
The only positive is that I'm saving a **** ton of money on gas, and my job lets me plug in so my light bill hasn't changed. Thanks for listening tree huggers!

Your light bill? Lol, what are you 95 years old? :lol:

tumblr_m1gwiijlCL1qcirk4o1_500.jpg

Seriously, to each his own. I'll be interested how much you miss the LEAF after going back to a clatter-box. ;)

Nubo said:
OPECsux said:
The only positive is that I'm saving a **** ton of money on gas, and my job lets me plug in so my light bill hasn't changed. Thanks for listening tree huggers!

Your light bill? Lol, what are you 95 years old? :lol:

tumblr_m1gwiijlCL1qcirk4o1_500.jpg

Seriously, to each his own. I'll be interested how much you miss the LEAF after going back to a clatter-box. ;)

How foolish of me, the bill paid to the aceholes at Duke Power that claim to be raising the rates cause they aren't making money even though they just bought out Progress energy. Still better than taking up the old poop shoot at the gas pump!

Edited first post cause it was sexist and offensive per moderator. It is what is and I am who I am. You guys would fit right in somewhere like Cuba or China.

OPECsux said:
Oh yeah and on my way to work a wannabe fast and furious civic tried to race me and I smoked the ish out of him, he wasn't fast but he sure was furious!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
People; the irony of our differences never fails to entertain

hill said:
OPECsux said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
People; the irony of our differences never fails to entertain

Indeed, sorry I'm not on your level of sophistication (thank God for spell check)

wwhitney said:
Cars are only useful for efficient transport.
That is the reason for Nissan to not continue making the 240SX and also why you can't find a manual transmission in most of Nissan's cars. BTW car guys really really hate CVT transmissions.

The LEAF's styling isn't a legitimate owner complaint. The car's appearance didn't change, and if you weren't content with it you shouldn't have bought it.

OPECsux said:
How foolish of me, the bill paid to the aceholes at Duke Power that claim to be raising the rates cause they aren't making money even though they just bought out Progress energy. Still better than taking up the old poop shoot at the gas pump!

No probs. I imagine the term "light bill" is probably one of those regional variations in our speech, which I actually find fascinating.

For example:

total-county.gif

OPECsux said:
Edited first post cause it was sexist and offensive per moderator. It is what is and I am who I am. You guys would fit right in somewhere like Cuba or China.

Thank you for editing the post per my request. Feel free to express your opinions without personal attacks and the like and you may find more success here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back