List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonewild said:
Skywagon, you can't pick it up in CA has to be over the border in AZ to not have to pay CA sales taxes. I don't see me getting it shipped from WA either to brake even at $1,000 under MSRP. I would still need to drive the last 100 miles or so.

I think Skywagon is free and clear. The dealer just has to write it up as shipped out of state. That way the dealer isn't responsible for collecting CA state sales tax, doc, license, or tire fees. "Shipping" can even be the dealer simply saying they drove it to another state for delivery.

When you go and register the car in your state, then you will have to pay your state the sales tax along with the license, doc, etc. fees.

This is quite common around here. Most folks in town buy their cars over the hill in Carson City or Reno. It's a hassle to do all of the paperwork yourself and CA taxes are higher the NV - so our case is usually just the reverse of Sky's

I am in Orange County CA and it seems the best is $1,000 off MSRP from Connell and Fontana
I also see 5% off up in the bay area that would save me ~$900

Are there any 5% dealers closer to OC than North Bay Nissan? (460 miles :( )
I have a truck and could rent a trailer but I do not want a two day journey.

smkettner said:
I am in Orange County CA and it seems the best is $1,000 off MSRP from Connell and Fontana
I also see 5% off up in the bay area that would save me ~$900

That is the only 5% off dealer in ALL the five states that I've seen so far.

LakeLeaf said:
Gonewild said:
Skywagon, you can't pick it up in CA has to be over the border in AZ to not have to pay CA sales taxes. I don't see me getting it shipped from WA either to brake even at $1,000 under MSRP. I would still need to drive the last 100 miles or so.

I think Skywagon is free and clear. The dealer just has to write it up as shipped out of state. That way the dealer isn't responsible for collecting CA state sales tax, doc, license, or tire fees. "Shipping" can even be the dealer simply saying they drove it to another state for delivery.

When you go and register the car in your state, then you will have to pay your state the sales tax along with the license, doc, etc. fees.

This is quite common around here. Most folks in town buy their cars over the hill in Carson City or Reno. It's a hassle to do all of the paperwork yourself and CA taxes are higher the NV - so our case is usually just the reverse of Sky's

Yes, just as long as I flatbed it out of there without a temp tag or anything then I am in the clear. It will be the same as if it were shipped. I have confirmation of this from Fontana Nissan... "The wheels cannot touch public streets in California after it is legally yours; it has to be trucked out someway." I just liked the idea of having control over the shipping and it is just a 5 hour trip each way to go get it... a long day, but just one day, and it will be home.

For those of us in the central San Joaquin Valley:

Frank Aldaz at Lithia Nissan of Fresno (559-435-3500, www.lithianissanfresno.com) told me they will sell at MSRP and they won't charge extra for destination charge.

Tustn Nissan is a great place to order your Leaf. Ask for Dorie, a very nice guy.

johnr said:

Frank Aldaz at Lithia Nissan of Fresno (559-435-3500, http://www.lithianissanfresno.com) told me they will sell at MSRP and they won't charge extra for destination charge.

RSH said:
Tustn Nissan just agreed to sell my Leaf at $1000 off MSRP; they will also provide that price to any other MyNissanLeaf member. Ask for Dorie, a very nice guy.

Can you guys pls tell me which state/area I should put these dealers (see the 1st page for what state/area I have now) ?

smkettner said:
I am in Orange County CA and it seems the best is $1,000 off MSRP from Connell and Fontana I also see 5% off up in the bay area that would save me ~$900

Am also from OC, and am still weighing different factors before placing my order. I guess if one were to consider driving up to the Bay Area with a trailer, we'd have to consider the additional expense to rent a trailer (if any) and for gasoline for ~900+ mi. roundtrip. That would eat into the cost savings of No. Bay vs Connell or Tustin (or even Fontana).

jppandesv said:
Am also from OC, and am still weighing different factors before placing my order. I guess if one were to consider driving up to the Bay Area with a trailer, we'd have to consider the additional expense to rent a trailer (if any) and for gasoline for ~900+ mi. roundtrip. That would eat into the cost savings of No. Bay vs Connell or Tustin (or even Fontana).

Don't forget your time too. Mine is worth ~$50/hour. Plus I wouldn't personally do a 900 mile r/t without an overnight stay in a hotel.....probably $100-$150 with meals.

mwalsh said:
Don't forget your time too. Mine is worth ~$50/hour. Plus I wouldn't personally do a 900 mile r/t without an overnight stay in a hotel.....probably $100-$150 with meals.

Yes - you could do that only for the "experience" - not for savng money.

jppandesv said:
smkettner said:
I am in Orange County CA and it seems the best is $1,000 off MSRP from Connell and Fontana I also see 5% off up in the bay area that would save me ~$900

Fuel and U-Haul trailer rental ~$250, motel $100 so $350 cost or net $500 for two days travel.
It is a loooong drive and a real pain if there are any issues or delays.

johnr said:

Frank Aldaz at Lithia Nissan of Fresno (559-435-3500, http://www.lithianissanfresno.com) told me they will sell at MSRP and they won't charge extra for destination charge.

I live in Fresno, California and I've been looking for dealers that will sell below MSRP. This is what I've found...
Nissan of Clovis, CA - No...and rude about it
Lithia Nissan of Fresno, CA - No
Selma, CA Nissan - No
Nissan of Visalia, CA - No
Merced, CA Nissan (Razzari Nissan - http://www.razzari-nissan.com) - YES, 5% under MSRP - they will do that.

I spoke with Mike at Razzari and he is emailing me confirmation of this. I'll post once I get that. Five percent is $1,639 off the base SV LEAF, and $1,686 off the base SL LEAF. Adjust the price of options (I am still eagerly waiting to see on the LEAF site) also.

Hope I am not being misled. I'll let everyone know.

ChoixDuJour said:
I live in Fresno, California and I've been looking for dealers that will sell below MSRP. This is what I've found...
Nissan of Clovis, CA - No...and rude about it
Lithia Nissan of Fresno, CA - No
Selma, CA Nissan - No
Nissan of Visalia, CA - No
Merced, CA Nissan (Razzari Nissan - http://www.razzari-nissan.com) - YES, 5% under MSRP - they will do that.

I spoke with Mike at Razzari and he is emailing me confirmation of this. I'll post once I get that. Five percent is $1,639 off the base SV LEAF, and $1,686 off the base SL LEAF. Adjust the price of options (I am still eagerly waiting to see on the LEAF site) also.

Hope I am not being misled. I'll let everyone know.
Cool! Let us know how it goes with Razzari, if they'll do that I'll place my order with them. Looks like they have good reviews: http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Razzari-Nissan-review-11349/

evnow said:
Rairdon Nissan of Auburn, WA will sell for $100 below INVOICE.

SL=32,193 and SV=31,293, Discounts of 1,527 and 1,487.

They will ship the car anywhere in the US for around $600.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1062

Is there any dependable place to find the dealer invoice prices of the Leaf? If the prices given above are true, you save less than $1000 buying from Rairdon.

Reviews of Razzari dealership are excellent. They are 323 miles North of me (of Laguna Hills), about 131 miles up I-5 and then 189 miles up CA-99.

I have sent a "Contact" from their web site. If they will do something like (Total MSRP + QC + Mats) - 5%, I will seriously consider them.

A tow hitch and a car-trailer would be fastest for the return, I guess. Maybe a tilt-bed truck?

An "adventure" with a plug-in L2 EVSE and about 4 or 5 RV charging stops would probably make it. Climbing the steep "grapevine" (the 7000'+) pass north of the LA area would require a relatively "full tank", I suspect. So, where might one find e-fuel in December?

Perhaps even a front-wheel tow-dolly would work, if the "parking" brake can be released.
Can it?

Back