Leviton Evr-Green EVSE Info/Pics

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why on earth would/should I buy the Evr-Green EVB22-3PM for $1,049.99 versus SPX's EL-50600 for $745?

Even if the Leviton had capability for 32A charging and semi-portability (which it doesn't), it's still $305 more expensive?

Someone wasn't paying attention to their Sales & Marketing 101 classes.

I've been getting lots of hits from this thread and was wondering why. Thanks for putting up the link to my Site fotajoye.

I also see that some of the members are disparaging my J1772 product. Let me just say that I've tested both the Plugs in Leafs and Volts and they fit fine, no problem in removing them. The Inlets have been tested in Chargepoint and Aeroviroment EVSE's and this weekend I'll test the inlet with a Blink EVSE. And none of my customers have complained about the fit.

So if you want a good J1772 product and still have something left in your pocket, check out http://www.TucsonEV.com

We are also going to be marketing a J1772 Compatable Charging Station in September. ;)

Thanks
Rush

Rushd said:
I also see that some of the members are disparaging my J1772 product. Let me just say that I've tested both the Plugs in Leafs and Volts and they fit fine, no problem in removing them. The Inlets have been tested in Chargepoint and Aeroviroment EVSE's and this weekend I'll test the inlet with a Blink EVSE. And none of my customers have complained about the fit.

Rush, I believe that you are simply reselling Dostar plugs and inlets. Certainly, this may be interesting to some, and I like the entrepreneurial spirit, but let's just be clear that you are running a business and you are not here to do anyone a favor. Most, if not all of your products, carry a fairly substantial markup, and they are not exactly cheap. Of course in a market like this one, every bit of competition helps, but given what you are asking for plug and cable assemblies, I can't imagine you marketing charging stations below $500. That's the price point of GM's Voltec station. And again, the competition will help, but it's not exactly affordable.

surfingslovak said:
Certainly, this may be interesting to some, and I like the entrepreneurial spirit, but let's just be clear that you are running a business and you are not here to do anyone a favor.
I find this confrontational attitude embarrassing and unnecessary. I welcome and appreciate anyone who is willing to support EVs.

Members:
I assume this forum is to exchange information about Leaf EVs and is open to all who want to participate in a positive way; please don't turn it into anything negative. I would think that businesses who have information related to Leafs could participate as members, especially in the area of technical expertise. In fact I would encourage them to participate. We have learned much about charging and available products and components as a result. Let's keep negative opinions within our own minds.

I wrote my post very carefully and I thought that I made it clear that I applaud Rush's efforts to create more competition, it's certainly needed. I was hoping for better pricing on his product, this is no different than negotiating a better price with your Nissan dealer. There is also strong indication that Rush is reselling plugs and assemblies from a smaller Chinese manufacturer and while this may be necessary due to low volume or pricing, there are legitimate concerns about quality.

While there are productive ways to address these concerns, coming to this forum and alleging that some members are unrightfully "dissing it" is probably not one of them. I have spent quite a bit of time researching J1772 vendors and requested quotes from several of them. There are other forum members that have done the same work. There are yet other forum members that have reported problems disconnecting plugs marketed by Tuscon EV from their Leaf.

This is important information and I'm sorry but I don't see a concerted effort to undermine Tucson EV. I thought that this forum was here to educate and exchange and my post was written in that spirit. I indicated on another thread that I'm willing to do a group order from Dostar if there was enough interest and received a handful PMs to date. I have also freely disclosed the price they quoted me to interested parties. These plugs are quite affordable, which was refreshing to see.

surfingslovak said:
There are yet other forum members that have reported problems disconnecting plugs marketed by Tuscon EV from their Leaf.

Thank you for that information, it is too bad that none of the people that I have sold the plugs and inlets to have told me that... If you can know these forum members, I would certainly appreciate comments from them, instead of 2nd or 3rd hand comments.

And while I appluad your efforts into getting J1772 Plugs and Inlets - Have you gotten any yourself? If so how many? and from a price point of view... I am certainly the least expensive retailer of the J1772 plugs and Inlets - so what would you call the other people that sell them.

I know that you can't satisfy 100% of the people, I just try and do my part, and if you don't like my methods or my prices then you certainly have the right to do things your own way and charge what you want for your services...

From now on when one of the many people that have emailed me ask about an EVSE for their Leaf, I'll refer them to group.... cause you all are so Honest, hospitable and friendly.... yeah right!

Rushd said:
Thank you for that information, it is too bad that none of the people that I have sold the plugs and inlets to have told me that... If you can know these forum members, I would certainly appreciate comments from them, instead of 2nd or 3rd hand comments.

Rush, please have a look at this thread. Again, this is nothing against you personally, I really wish there was more competition on market and you are certainly helping to create it. I can speak only for myself, but I do have a problem with the pricing and with the way you are going about marketing your product on this forum. I don't think that anything is set in stone however, and you are obviously a savvy and enterprising individual who can figure out what works and what doesn't. Please PM me if you wish to continue this discussion.

surfingslovak said:
Rushd said:

Rush, please have a look at this thread. Again, this is nothing against you personally, I really wish there was more competition on market and you are certainly helping to create it. I can speak only for myself, but I do have a problem with the pricing and with the way you are going about marketing your product on this forum. I don't think that anything is set in stone however, and you are obviously a savvy and enterprising individual who can figure out what works and what doesn't. Please PM me if you wish to continue this discussion.

Just a comment, since surfingslovak made reference to a thread that I started about a J connector. The connector in question had nothing to do with tucsonev, and I made that clear in that thread. If forum members were confused that this J plug came from tucsonev by something I said, I apologize for the confusion. However, I was clear that this was not his product, nor did or do I have any experience with his product.

surfingslovak said:
Rush, please have a look at this thread

Why refer anybody to a thread which can be changed at will by the writer, as just evidenced by Boomer's editing of his statements to reflect what he feels is correct....

Revisionist History....

Aww, poor Rushd picked up his marbles and went home. I can't imagine the business plan of attacking communities is doing well for him/her. I gave up on this outfit earlier in the month when I didn't get a response to my emails.

Maybe responding to general concerns and questions would be something to consider.

Has anyone ordered or received the Leviton yet? I'm still leaning that way, for simplicity's sake, but want to make sure it works as promised.

Installed the EVB-22 8/11/11. Ordered on line directly from Leviton. Did the wiring and installation myself. This was the main reason for ordering this model as I wanted a plug in type. Have ~ 6 charges now with no problems.

Since I wanted the mounting base plate I had to order the EVK-02 installation kit. I did not use any of the materials in this kit except the base plate. The charger itself has an eyelit type hanging opening on the back that may suffice but the base plate makes for a more secure installation.

Back