Left home with 12bars, drove home with 11 bars. 19k miles.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlleaf

2h7l6on.jpg

p3y9k.jpg

19,xxx miles.

Started my trip off with 12 bars, then on the way home at night in low 70 degree weather.
We lost a battery bar.

:(

In my 2011 Leaf, in Atlanta GA. last night. Only charge to 80% M thru F, and 100% on longer trips.
only used DCFC 3 times.

Wow, I expected 12 bars much longer than this..

Could you also post the screen with the individual battery voltages ... because it shows Ahr & CAP% ...

Sorry for your loss :-(

Purchase or lease ?

How is your LEAF parked during the day and overnight? Also, do you often see temps over 86F with the battery app?

111m7pf.jpg

Our local temps for this month. (pic above).

Mostly parked inside garage, or under a shady tree in driveway.

I dont often use the battery app, but i've only seen the dash show 92 for one day this summer.

Also is the 11.9v bad?

Sorry to hear it.

Please be sure to sure to add your details to the ever-growing 'Real World Battery Capacity Loss' wiki:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Real_World_Battery_Capacity_Loss#one_bars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how does one report this to nissan? take to dealer? or just call the 1800 number?

thanks

can someone add me to the wiki, i cant figure it out.

dealer claimed i need the software recall/update, and that he is required by law to perform it, i told him to give me my car back, and left.

atlleaf said:
dealer claimed i need the software recall/update, and that he is required by law to perform it, i told him to give me my car back, and left.
That is totally false. It is YOUR vehicle, the dealer cannot force/bully you in to having a campaign performed.

I lost my first bar yesterday, upon first getting into the car and seeing the GOM showed 85 mile range when it always topped 90 before after charging. 15,800 miles on my leased 2012 in hot South Florida. I always charge to 100%, but do not recharge every day; only when below 9 bars.

N1ghtrider said:
I lost my first bar yesterday, upon first getting into the car and seeing the GOM showed 85 mile range when it always topped 90 before after charging. 15,800 miles on my leased 2012 in hot South Florida. I always charge to 100%, but do not recharge every day; only when below 9 bars.
If you don't think you need 100% charge, you shouldn't charge to 100%. The fastest way to degrade the battery is to charge it to 100% and have it sit in a hot place like south Florida especially in the sun.
If you don't charge every day, sounds like you don't need 100%.

N1ghtrider said:
caplossmnl

Sorry to hear, Roy, and thank you for reporting that. It looks like you did somewhat better than other forum members from Florida.

dm33 said:
If you don't think you need 100% charge, you shouldn't charge to 100%. The fastest way to degrade the battery is to charge it to 100% and have it sit in a hot place like south Florida especially in the sun.
If you don't charge every day, sounds like you don't need 100%.
While that's generally true, and a good defensive practice, experience has shown that 100% vs 80% charging does not make much difference in hot climates. The influence of ambient temps seems to drown out every other contributing factor. The first public report from AZ was a car, which was routinely charged to 100%. It was even left fully charged while the owner left town on vacation. Many thought that the capacity loss surely had something to do with that, but then other bar loss reports came in within a few weeks of this first report. Defensive charging habits seemed to have delayed the loss of a bar in some cases, but the difference was not very significant. There was an owner in Phoenix, who had A/C in his garage. This appears to have delayed first bar loss by a few months instead of a few weeks, which could be another indicator of the overwhelming influence of temperature on the health of the pack. Obviously, all of this is anecdotal. I just wanted to temper the expectations a bit.

went to another dealer today...

Was told , with the age of my car? (2011) this is normal. and was told nothing they could do, unless it shows 9 bars.

but they made no mention of the recall/software update.
and didn't try to pressure me into having it done.

atlleaf said:
went to another dealer today...

Was told , with the age of my car? (2011) this is normal. and was told nothing they could do, unless it shows 9 bars.

but they made no mention of the recall/software update.
and didn't try to pressure me into having it done.
Just curious, why are you resisting the update? Had mine done last Wednesday, but haven't driven it enough to see any results/changes.

Back