Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fromport said:
TangoKilo said:
I would be most interested in a "Northern LA County" LEAF club... :cool:
Add one more to this

Danny
Camarillo - Ventura
White Leaf

A Northern LA group is meeting at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank on Thursday. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4547&start=40

mwalsh said:
Just saw 2 silver ones on a car transporter heading south on the 405 freeway from Long Beach. Looks like somebody may be getting a new LEAF tomorrow! :)

Is it selfish of me to hope that the transporter is actually headed east to TN? :p

I was in my Prius and concerned about my gas mileage. The trip was too long today for the Leaf.

Anyway heading east on the 210 I caught sight of a silver Leaf. I caught up to him and drafted him for a while to save my gas mileage. :eek: This is kosher since my Prius costs 4 times as much to run as the Leaf. :x

Before we broke off, I noted the gentleman has white hair. I wanted to give him a thumbs up, but he would have thought I was nuts. He had April tags and white HOV stickers. I'm sure he snickered at my yellow HOV stickers (1 more day!)

I wonder how many of us have a Prius and added the Leaf?

I happened to spot a blue LEAF out of the corner of my eye today, in the lot of a light industrial strip-mall in Westminster. I immediately turned around, thinking that maybe the owner owned one of the businesses, or was maybe just visiting. Turned out he was in the upholstery shop getting leather in his LEAF - I'll give you a write-up about that in it's own thread, or even the existing leather thread if I can find it - but not the Katzkin one, since it isn't really relevant to that).

mogur said:
Alas, I saw a white one today on the S405 that had been in an accident with three other cars. It was pretty badly crunched up at both ends. I hope it wasn't someone on this forum!

Holy crap! I can't imagine how bad that LEAF owner feels and hope everyone is okay.

A Silver LEAF in the Wild

This morning I went to my favorite park in Tucson for a bird watching walk with volunteer from the Audubon Society leading us. I pull in the parking lot at this remotely located park, Agua Caliente Park, and there is another LEAF, a silver one. It belongs to Laura, a member of MNL, and she has only had it for two weeks! Laura was also the Audubon member leading the walk. This was quite a surprise as there were only about ten cars in the parking lot. We didn't see many birds this morning but did spot 3 deer and a large horned lizard. We had our first rain last night in 82 days!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I saw 6 Tuesday evening. 4 on the highway which were going 101 north between San Mateo and mountain view (I was driving south), 1 on rengstorff, right before I pulled in my driveway, and an other one on rengstorff at about 9:30 pm on my way back from picking a ladder at a friend's place.
I usually see at least one in the morning going to work, and one in the evening coming back from work.
It'll soon be two weeks of seeing at least one everyday :)
And it still makes me happy every time.

I saw a blue LEAF last night at El Cholo in La Habra. I was thinking of getting on the PA system calling an instantaneous LEAF gathering, but after a margarita or two I came to my senses.

Two sightings the last two days, both in LEAF-haven Encinitas:

1. Yesterday morning, stopped on Vulcan, heading north, at the intersection of Encinitas Blvd--a blue one was heading west on Encinitas.

2. This morning, saw a brand-new (Mossy paper plates) red LEAF parked on coast highway at E street--had the "ELECTRIC" letters applied, and an oval sticker with some number in it. Seems like it was 33.3, but maybe it was 93.3, which is a radio station around here. Or, it was 33.3 and it's an LP fan (not unlike myself).

lonndoggie said:
Seems like it was 33.3, but maybe it was 93.3, which is a radio station around here. Or, it was 33.3 and it's an LP fan (not unlike myself).

Not a 78 on the car? :lol:

lonndoggie said:
...an oval sticker with some number in it. Seems like it was 33.3, but maybe it was 93.3, which is a radio station around here. Or, it was 33.3 and it's an LP fan (not unlike myself).
70.3 (half Ironman triathlon distance)? 26.2 (marathon)? There are lots of stickers for various athletic events.

My first sighting in El Cajon (east of San Diego) at about 3:00 PM today. A Glacier Pearl LEAF proceeding northeast on E. Main Street near Broadway. Honked and gave him a "thumbs up" from my Chrysler minivan.

This afternoon, (in San Diego) I was on the northbound on-ramp to SR163 @ Balboa; there was a new blue Leaf just in front of me with Mossy license frame. We entered the freeway together, and I passed him, tooted with my new "Grande" horns, and waved (I was the red one with "KW POWR" plate). I was going to convoy with him, but was in a bit of a hurry, so I was pushing 65+ in rather heavy traffic.

SharonaLA said:
A Northern LA group is meeting at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank on Thursday. Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4547&start=40

Sorry, didn't see it in time.
Otherwise I would have been there.

next time ... ;-)

On my way back from visiting friends (first social engagement in my brand new LEAF!) I ended up behind a blue one headed northwest on Lake City Way here in Seattle. Tried to wave, but it was very dark (10pm) and my turn was coming up, so I figured safety in driving was more important than socializing. Still, if you were in a blue LEAF headed towards I-5 on Lake City Way last night and ended up with a black SL behind you for about half a mile, hello! :)

Back