Leather anyone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boyodublin said:
Just spoke with Tony (owner) and set up for a week from this Monday.
Drop car in early Monday am, and pick up late Tuesday afternoon.

With dogs and gym workouts, leather is a must!

Photos convinced me.....car looks really super!
Thanks guys...I was one of the folks that reserved WetOakley covers but decided against at the last minute.....I'm really glad I waited, because this seems to fit my need much better...

Cool stuff!

Did you happen to mention the Forum?

Yes!
I not only mentioned the Forum, I was able to tell Tony that I was looking at the photos of dark grey leather and wanted that exactly. He said the lighter color might be a better match, but i'm ok with the contrast....
Love this forum for finding this and posting photos....good job!

Dropped car off with Tony this AM, Monday...
We looked at numerous leather swatches, but settled on a dark gray with a lighter double stitch accent. I think it will look great and will post some photos when done...

Tony is a really neat guy and very helpful and patient in suggesting what might work best. I feel really confident that the car will turn out terrific.

BTW, Tony said the car might be ready for pickup by early tomorrow morning......great job!

mwalsh said:
boyodublin said:
Tony is a really neat guy and very helpful and patient in suggesting what might work best. I feel really confident that the car will turn out terrific.

BTW, Tony said the car might be ready for pickup by early tomorrow morning......great job!

Nice!

Thanks BoyoDub..I'm going to call him today and set up an appointment.

Leafittome said:
I'm glad that Nissan decided not to offer leather on a Leaf. It just doesn't fit the concept of the car, IMO. I say this having had many leather clad cars, and don't begrudge anyone opting for aftermarket leather--but it just doesn't seem right on a Leaf.(I'm not a vegetarian either!)

What would leather have to do with buying oil from the Arabs?.. unless it was pig leather it would not bother them.. but cow leather would bother Hindus

garygid said:
Are these seat-covers, or do they strip out the original cloth upholstery and put in the leather upholstery?
Good question. I'd like to know, too. My WetOkole covers don't seem to "hug" the seats very tightly. There are some spots where they kinda "bulge" out a little bit. You can tell they're covers. But these leather covers look real nice and tight on the seats. You can't tell that they're covers (if they are).

Also, I assume that you can't order these and put on yourself, right? I assume you'd have to be local and bring your car in for them to do the installation themselves.

I spoke with Tony D. of Skyline Seating yesterday. Here are some tidbits I recall, in no particular order:

- Seats are OEM quality, including material, stitching and thread count.
- Shop does work for several dealerships.
- Set includes 2 front seats, rear bench seats, center armrest, fabric portion on door panels.
- Forgot to ask specifically about headrests, but I would assume these are included.
- Of this set, 40% of surface is leather, including where there is normal 'skin contact'. All other areas are covered in a leather-like material.
- Cowhide leather from Italy.
- Also available are double-stitching, two-tone, piping and perforated leather.
- Pattern includes pocket behind driver's seat.
- Can add bolstering for additional lumbar support (no charge).
- Seats are compatible with side air bags. Shop carries insurance coverage for this.
- Covers made onsite.
- Typical turnaround is 1-1/2 days.
- 3-yr/36k mi. warranty.
- In business for 26 yrs.
- Cash price is out-the-door, including installation.
- Doesn't usually do individual-direct custom orders. Is therefore offering a cash-only price (forgot the rationale on this).

So, thanks to MWalsh for his discovery and posting here.

- http://www.skylineseating.com

boyodublin said:
Dropped car off with Tony this AM, Monday...
We looked at numerous leather swatches, but settled on a dark gray with a lighter double stitch accent. I think it will look great and will post some photos when done...

Boyodublin, Please do share some photos of your seats!
How did they do the back portion of the rear seat?

Thanks!

derkraut said:
drees said:
With all this talk of leather - has anyone looked into alacantra?

Dumb question here.....what's alacantra? :oops:
It's a synthetic material that is a bit suede like - but provides wonderful tactile feel and looks great. Google alacantra seats or dashboard for examples.

Hi guys,

I've taken some photos of the interior of my car, but I don't know how to post them?
If anyone would like to see them, and or post them, please contact me and I can send them to you through email...

thanks!

Upload them to one of the free image hosting sites
http://picasaweb.google.com
http://www.flickr.com
http://www.photobucket.com

Thanks Turbo!
Hope this works!

Interior Photos of car leathered up!
I'm really pleased with the result....you can see dog hair no back seat already....simply wipe away....

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=114117684017372071944&target=ALBUM&id=5630061201576446321&authkey=Gv1sRgCPjH-Iip_8PjhQE&feat=email

boyodublin said:
Thanks Turbo!
Hope this works!

Interior Photos of car leathered up!
I'm really pleased with the result....you can see dog hair no back seat already....simply wipe away....

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=114117684017372071944&target=ALBUM&id=5630061201576446321&authkey=Gv1sRgCPjH-Iip_8PjhQE&feat=email

Cool! I'm jealous. My 9 year old son is constantly having to fight leaving soiling marks from his dusty shoes on the back of the front seats. "Easily soiled fabrics" is one of my biggest complaints about the Leaf, and I the leather seats I had in my previous car never needed any cleaning. Thanks for sharing your results with us!

Back