Leased

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdcmills

This was my first-ever lease. If there are issues with the car, I carry it back to the store in 39 months.
I believe there will be major improvements coming. I didn't want to be making payments on the Iphone 4. At my income I wouldn't get the full $7500 from the Feds. I'm 52 and this was my first new virgin car. Hope it works out because I promised my wife I would ride my present motorcycle for 39 more months!

Pearl 2012SL

Welcome! Good on you to lease. What's your geographic location?

Welcome aboard! I leased for the same reasons:

-Uncertainty about the battery.
-Uncertainty about future improvements to EVs.
-Didn't qualify for full $7500 tax incentive.
-There's always the option to buy out the lease if I want to keep it.
-Low money factor.

My initial plan was to stick with the lease and buy it out at the end if it makes sense to do it. It's hard to say one way or another whether I will do it.

Someone wanted to know where I'm from. Bradenton, Fl. Just south of Tampa. Lived here all my life.

EdmondLeaf said:
Carlos said:
Now I'm just Renting a LEAF...
How?

I guess I forgot the smiley face or wink... ;) I was kidding.
The lease in my mind was just an option to buy or return at end of term.
With all the issues and loss of capacity i have NO intention of buying out the lease so...... I simply consider it a rental at this point.

Its a great car for what I need. Compliments my home solar and gets me most everywhere I need to go around downtown Phoenix and Scottsdale.
What I really need at end of lease (rental) is a small electric utility vehicle rather than a sedan. Sorry for the confusion.... :D

Hey CONGRATS. I leased mine 2 months ago. and have 37 to go. Love the car. If you have not purchased a L2 EVSE (charger) yet check out ECOtality. Its the Department of Energy's EV Project and are giving away a free charger and $400 off installation ( sometimes the install can be free with credit depending on the EVSE location) And the charger is yours to keep after the 24month commitment (cost nothing, they just want to monitor your charge and usage data for their research) I got mine. LOVE IT!

If you ever need anything, there is alot of information on this forum and everyone here is more than happy to assist in any way possible.

Happy EV'ing.

Back