LEAFSCAN™ - The Ultimate Instrument for your LEAF!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's kind of a rush to see which will happen first: 1) LeafScan will come out or 2) My Leaf lease will be up! :lol:

philipscoggins said:
mirko said:
Every time that I see an update to this thread I get excited hoping to see an announcement about the release of LEAFSCAN.
LoL, me too

Stanton said:
Can you post the final (outside) dimensions of the production units? I am looking to buy a mount to secure it in the car and there are several options (trying not to invite a "smash and grab" on my LeafScan). For example, one (cup) mount type I'm looking at has a min/max dimension for a rectangular object, and I need to determine if it will work. Thanks.
It's likely that we will be including some type of mount, but that hasn't been finalized. Once I have a delivery date, I'll post the dimensions and what the mounting system is like.

-Phil

Will the Leafscan have the possibility to have an audio device in it one could program for certain things? It would be a nice feature to have a beep tone has the SOC depletes at some preset intervals as a way to track kwh capacity acoustically. Even sound off as each SOC bar blinks off wile you drive.
How about a high temperature setting alert?

Just a few ideas I had.

Yes, it has a small speaker similar to the type used in cell phones for generating ringtones. It is programmable under software control, so we should be able to do all kinds of neat audible annunciators for different things.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
Stanton said:
Can you post the final (outside) dimensions of the production units? I am looking to buy a mount to secure it in the car and there are several options (trying not to invite a "smash and grab" on my LeafScan). For example, one (cup) mount type I'm looking at has a min/max dimension for a rectangular object, and I need to determine if it will work. Thanks.
It's likely that we will be including some type of mount, but that hasn't been finalized. Once I have a delivery date, I'll post the dimensions and what the mounting system is like.

-Phil

I'm glad to hear you talking about a delivery date. I'm very interested in getting a LEAFSCAN. I'm also interested in getting my 2011 LEAF's 3.3 KW charger upgraded to 6.7 KW. I know you said you weren't going to do any more work on that until you finished the LEAF scan but just let me say that I am willing to drive my LEAF from Washington State to your location in order to get this upgrade.

How much development time do you think the charger upgrade will require? Do you need a volunteer for a second prototype? :D

Luft said:
Ingineer said:
Stanton said:
I'm glad to hear you talking about a delivery date. I'm very interested in getting a LEAFSCAN. I'm also interested in getting my 2011 LEAF's 3.3 KW charger upgraded to 6.7 KW. I know you said you weren't going to do any more work on that until you finished the LEAF scan but just let me say that I am willing to drive my LEAF from Washington State to your location in order to get this upgrade.

How much development time do you think the charger upgrade will require? Do you need a volunteer for a second prototype? :D

Or maybe a few of us in Seattle could fly him up to make these modifications. I too am waiting for the LEAFSCAN and am interested in changing out to a faster charger. Is there anyone else that has replaced their 3.3 charger rather than adding a second charger unit as I believe Phil did?

I believe that you will find that the price to do so will insure that it never happens outside of a one-off...

TaylorSFGuy said:
Or maybe a few of us in Seattle could fly him up to make these modifications. I too am waiting for the LEAFSCAN and am interested in changing out to a faster charger. Is there anyone else that has replaced their 3.3 charger rather than adding a second charger unit as I believe Phil did?

Luft said:
[I'm glad to hear you talking about a delivery date. I'm very interested in getting a LEAFSCAN. I'm also interested in getting my 2011 LEAF's 3.3 KW charger upgraded to 6.7 KW. I know you said you weren't going to do any more work on that until you finished the LEAF scan but just let me say that I am willing to drive my LEAF from Washington State to your location in order to get this upgrade.

Already discussed ad nausium. In essence, it'd be less expensive to trade in your old ride, and buy the 6kW model as is.

hill said:
Luft said:
[I'm glad to hear you talking about a delivery date. I'm very interested in getting a LEAFSCAN. I'm also interested in getting my 2011 LEAF's 3.3 KW charger upgraded to 6.7 KW. I know you said you weren't going to do any more work on that until you finished the LEAF scan but just let me say that I am willing to drive my LEAF from Washington State to your location in order to get this upgrade.

Already discussed ad nausium. In essence, it'd be less expensive to trade in your old ride, and buy the 6kW model as is.
Maybe if you leased but I paid cash and I heard that one dealer offered someone $19,000 for a LEAF that was only six months old. I'll pay the $4,500.

Luft,

I’m with you. I’d sure like to see someone offer an upgrade to the 3.3 charger. At $4500, it starts to become justifiable. Barring a well-made kit, I’m considering tackling it myself. There are those Brusa chargers going for $2,000 that I’m considering. http://blog.evtv.me/store/proddetail.php?prod=brusanlg

Right now I’m trying to find out how they handle the pilot signal in Booster mode when less than full power is available. After that, I’ll need to look into the method that Nissan is using to check insulation integrity and see if that will be a barrier when splicing the wires.

I wish we could keep this thread about the LEAFSCAN. Every time someone posts I figure it's a notification about availability (or features).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back