LEAFSCAN™ - The Ultimate Instrument for your LEAF!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure do hope there will be user selectable features that will around me to program features so as to work around the unreliability of carwings.

Personally, *I* sure hope we can stop asking for new features until we get a LEAFSCAN in our hands and on our cars. The last thing Phil needs, or we need, right now is anything that might delay the product further. Hands-on experience will provide a much better basis for improvement requests.

Ray

planet4ever said:
Personally, *I* sure hope we can stop asking for new features until we get a LEAFSCAN in our hands and on our cars. The last thing Phil needs, or we need, right now is anything that might delay the product further. Hands-on experience will provide a much better basis for improvement requests.

Ray
Hey, my lament to program climate control around carwings, that was a hope. Not a feature request... Moreover, I am happy to patitiently wait for a robust 1st generation rollout even if it results in more delay for better. But that's just me...

As far as feature requests, well, maybe they are on some kind of future master wish list... It's all kind of a mystery to me. Whatever comes out, my bet is it will be very clever, worthwhile, and on my purchase list.

There's still much work to be done on decoding the Leaf's various systems for timers, etc. My goal is to get the actual LEAFSCAN™ hardware into your hands first, which means fully completed hardware, then continue to develop features on the software side. We will be able to grow the capabilities over time as we discover more of how the various systems work.

-Phil

Happy New Year....I'll be in for one of these and would be happy to pay up front. I've registered interest via your website too.

Can you please include a function where you can turn carwings into actual wings for the car? that would be cool.

Ingineer said:
There's still much work to be done on decoding the Leaf's various systems for timers, etc. My goal is to get the actual LEAFSCAN™ hardware into your hands first, which means fully completed hardware, then continue to develop features on the software side. We will be able to grow the capabilities over time as we discover more of how the various systems work.
Any compatibility with the Open Vehicle Monitoring System?

From the Meeting with Nissan, Phoenix thread
Ingineer said:
Here are some of my pix:

pic

LEAFSCAN™ still works properly!

-Phil

Boy, Oh Boy! I wish that I could get my hands on what was in your hands last night! Just look at the HUGE kWh remaining! I can't wait to find out how much it will cost and when it will be available. I'm so jealous!

Every time that I see an update to this thread I get excited hoping to see an announcement about the release of LEAFSCAN.

I have signed up on the http://evseupgrade.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website, but since it does not send a confirmation email I couldn't check to make sure that my spam filter is not stopping email from evseupgrade.com. I guess that this is a problem since the site has the following message on the order page...

Please be sure to check your SPAM filter, as several people have missed receiving our Emails!

@Ingineer, The only thought or idea that I have about LEAFSCAN is Get 'er Done!

Have you thought about incorporating a PC interface? It would be amazing to have a USB - or even serial - port that would output selected parameters and possibly allow configuration of the device from a PC. I'm biased in that preference since I'd then immediately use your device to send that information to my dash PC, saving me a LOT of trouble tracking down all those codes myself - so I'd get more use out of that option than most people -- but on the other hand, it seems like user configuration via PC connection would still be a great feature for pretty much everyone.

defiancecp said:
Have you thought about incorporating a PC interface? It would be amazing to have a USB - or even serial - port that would output selected parameters and possibly allow configuration of the device from a PC. I'm biased in that preference since I'd then immediately use your device to send that information to my dash PC, saving me a LOT of trouble tracking down all those codes myself - so I'd get more use out of that option than most people -- but on the other hand, it seems like user configuration via PC connection would still be a great feature for pretty much everyone.

I thought about the same thing. I have a couple of Dell Net Books laying around loaded with Ubuntu Linux. I would like to see a Bluetooth dongle for the SCAN port on the car (or whereever the LEAFSCAN Plugs into) and then send that to the netbook in the cargo compartment with the rest of my ham equipment. That way I would auto d/l everything via rsync and the WiFi in the garage to the Linux server in the house.

JUst need to take some time, I suppose. I already had one of the netbooks set up in the back for sending and receiving ax25 packet radio, APRS messages, and PSK31` on HF using the HF radio in my Leaf.

Dave

The feature set (hardware) is frozen for production. There's no point in asking for any hardware changes at this point. Software is no problem.

Keep in mind the unit does support WiFi via SDIO, so there's your PC (and web) interface, all it's going to take is software.

-Phil

I actually did not realize SDIO was more than storage - that's pretty awesome! Do you plan on developing anything for it? If not, would you be opposed to homebrew development on your hardware? I mean, what happens in closed doors is one thing, but curious if you'd be supportive of it...

Ingineer said:
The feature set (hardware) is frozen for production.
Ingineer said:
...the production units are different in appearance (better).
So, can we infer from these two comments that you've found a way to "get 'er done"? Yay!

defiancecp said:
I actually did not realize SDIO was more than storage - that's pretty awesome! Do you plan on developing anything for it? If not, would you be opposed to homebrew development on your hardware? I mean, what happens in closed doors is one thing, but curious if you'd be supportive of it...
SDIO is specifically for supporting peripherals on the SD card interface. Otherwise it's just plain old SD.

Ingineer said:
Also, the unit I had in Phoenix was an Alpha prototype unit, the production units are different in appearance (better).
-Phil

Can you post the final (outside) dimensions of the production units? I am looking to buy a mount to secure it in the car and there are several options (trying not to invite a "smash and grab" on my LeafScan). For example, one (cup) mount type I'm looking at has a min/max dimension for a rectangular object, and I need to determine if it will work. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back