Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received this today as part of the Plug-In Texas March newsletter.
More here:
http://www.plugintexas.org/news.php

pitx_support.jpg
SB 1742 by Senator Troy Fraser and HB 3308 by Representative Eddie Rodriguez

• Creates new legislation making “plug-in electric vehicles” (EVs) eligible to use a high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane regardless of the number of occupants in the vehicle.
• Vehicle owners will be issued a specially designed "plug-in electric vehicle" decal from the state at time of registration or reregistration identifying the vehicles’ eligibility to be in HOV lanes with fewer passengers.
• This legislation would be effective September 1, 2011 and be implemented unless the use would impair the receipt of federal funds.
• SB 1742 has been referred to the Senate Committee on Transportation & Homeland Security. HB 3308 has been referred to the House Committee on Transportation.

pitx_support.jpg
HB 3310 by Representative Eddie Rodriguez

• Proposes to make a new light-duty motor vehicle powered in part by an electric motor, including a vehicle that draws power from a battery or a hybrid engine, eligible for a $2,500 grant from the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP).
• Limited to 2,000 vehicles for the 2011-2013 biennium. This legislation would be effective September 1, 2011 and expires September 1, 2013.
• Texans in nonattainment areas are paying an additional fee for vehicle testing already which provided TERP with $114 million (in 2010-2011 budget); this legislation would use $5 million apportioned from existing TERP funds with no new fiscal impact on the state or consumers.
• HB 3310 was heard in the House Committee on Energy Resources on March 30 where Plug-In Texas testified in support of the bill.

pitx_support.jpg
SB 385 by Senator Tommy Williams and HB 1037 by Representative John Otto

• Proposes to create the Texas alternative fueling facilities program using two percent of funds from the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP).
• The program would grant eligible recipients 50 percent, or $500,000, for the construction, reconstruction or acquisition of a facility which refuels alternative fueled vehicles (includes electricity, natural gas, hydrogen, propane, etc.). The recipient must make the fueling infrastructure available to the public.
• SB 385 was supported by Plug-In Texas at a hearing on March 22 and is now on the Senate’s Intent Calendar.

pitx_support.jpg
SB 15 by Senator Troy Fraser

• Purpose is to establish strategic planning of energy development, production, delivery, commercialization, and utilization in Texas.
• Creates the Texas Energy Policy Council to develop and present a statewide energy policy plan to the legislature.
• The council shall consider and make recommendations on strategies that involve the use of alternative fuel vehicles such as natural gas vehicles and plug-in electric vehicles.
• SB 15 has been referred to the Senate Committee on Natural Resources.

pitx_oppose.jpg
HB 1669 by Representative Linda Harper-Brown

• Directs the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to establish a new road use tax on owners of electric motor vehicles in 2012.
• Plug-In Texas believes the bill imposes a new tax on innovative vehicle technology with limited data and limited experience to draw upon and unfairly targets early adopters of EVs. This legislation, as introduced, could be a disincentive for ownership.
• Plug-In Texas believes EVs should pay fair share for road use, but a preferred approach is for a smaller, two-year study and action by 2013 Texas Legislature to develop an equitable financial contribution by EV owners.
• HB 1669 was heard in public hearing in the House Committee on Transportation on March 28 where Plug-In Texas testified in opposition to the tax bill.

AndyH said:
Received this today as part of the Plug-In Texas March newsletter.
More here:
http://www.plugintexas.org/news.php

pitx_support.jpg
HB 3310 by Representative Eddie Rodriguez

• Proposes to make a new light-duty motor vehicle powered in part by an electric motor, including a vehicle that draws power from a battery or a hybrid engine, eligible for a $2,500 grant from the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP).
• Limited to 2,000 vehicles for the 2011-2013 biennium. This legislation would be effective September 1, 2011 and expires September 1, 2013.
• Texans in nonattainment areas are paying an additional fee for vehicle testing already which provided TERP with $114 million (in 2010-2011 budget); this legislation would use $5 million apportioned from existing TERP funds with no new fiscal impact on the state or consumers.
• HB 3310 was heard in the House Committee on Energy Resources on March 30 where Plug-In Texas testified in support of the bill.
I guess this means we early adopters are SOOL as far as the $2500 "grant" is concerned?

I got the call today !!

Apparently the transport company gave my dealer bad info, and the car came earlier than we expected. It was unloaded this morning in Lubbock!

They called one of the Lubbock TV stations who apparently covered it as the first 100% electric vehicle in West Texas. They then transported it up to Amarillo, and I picked it up this afternoon.

The car, and its technology are truly incredible....

Photos to follow....

AmarilloLeaf said:
I got the call today !!

Apparently the transport company gave my dealer bad info, and the car came earlier than we expected. It was unloaded this morning in Lubbock!

They called one of the Lubbock TV stations who apparently covered it as the first 100% electric vehicle in West Texas. They then transported it up to Amarillo, and I picked it up this afternoon.

The car, and its technology are truly incredible....

Photos to follow....

WooHoo! Way to go! I'll bet that Red looks great under the West Texas sun!

J.

Congrats jhm614 on your new arrival, and congrats to all the folks who are picking them up in a few days. it looks a lot like mine except mine has the birthmarks on the side (Zeroemissions). Word of advise don't run out of electricity on the first day like me. When the leaf says you have 5 miles of range you only have five miles. I blame all my previous ICE cars, they lied to me so many times when they warned empty but I really had 20-30 more miles once the light came on. #2 neutral in my car is sliding the joystick to the left and up just a hair, I learned that in the car wash today when I could only park reverse and drive. So I had to drive myself through the car wash slowly (how embarrassing). Question?? does anyone know if there are charging stations that connect Houston/Austin on any of the charging networks? Did bluemoose take his long distance trip?

shawnbrig said:
... Word of advise don't run out of electricity on the first day like me. When the leaf says you have 5 miles of range you only have five miles. ... Question?? does anyone know if there are charging stations that connect Houston/Austin on any of the charging networks? Did bluemoose take his long distance trip?

1) I was worried about pulling a "Brig" (j/k) but didn't even get in Turtle mode :)

2) BlueMoose definately made the Trip and even had a writeup in the Chronicle. Check his twitter feed: http://twitter.com/txleaf1

EdmondLeaf said:
AmarilloLeaf said:
I got the call today !!
Photos to follow....
Photos and story are here but where is the happy driver. Enjoy it. How many more miles added to 46 on the pic?
http://lubbockonline.com/local-news...ay-excite-people-who-get-charge-different-car

Hey, that is MY car. That explains why it already had 52 miles on it when I picked it up!

I'm glad McGavock gets LEAF publicity in 2 cities... Lubbock & Amarillo.

The local Amarillo ABC affiliate just aired a brief story on their evening news. If they post to the web, I'll share it here.

Made it home .. in 5:00pm city traffic. .. I was growing trees .. I left the dealer with 65 miles remaining, and arrived home .. about 20 miles .. with 75 miles remaining.. whew!
I actually liked eco mode .. if you are in heavy traffic, it acts like a light brake.

dpfeif said:
Made it home .. in 5:00pm city traffic. .. I was growing trees .. I left the dealer with 65 miles remaining, and arrived home .. about 20 miles .. with 75 miles remaining.. whew!
I actually liked eco mode .. if you are in heavy traffic, it acts like a light brake.

Woo Hoo! You got it! Eco is interesting, I like it, too.

I don't think I'm going to make No Frills tonight, I just got home and I'm beat.

I've made the pilgrimage to the Cadillac Ranch....

Leaf%20w%20me%20sm.jpg

Next stop, Palo Duro 'The Grand Canyon of Texas', and later this month a trip to Adrian, and the 'Mid Point Cafe' - the Mid Point of Route 66.

AmarilloLeaf said:
I've made the pilgrimage to the Cadillac Ranch....

Next stop, Palo Duro 'The Grand Canyon of Texas', and later this month a trip to Adrian, and the 'Mid Point Cafe' - the Mid Point of Route 66.

Congrats!..

LEAFs are falling all over Texas this spring!!!

EdmondLeaf said:
AmarilloLeaf said:
I got the call today !!
Photos to follow....
Photos and story are here but where is the happy driver. Enjoy it. How many more miles added to 46 on the pic?
http://lubbockonline.com/local-news...ay-excite-people-who-get-charge-different-car

The local ABC station didn't post the video of their news story online. The printed version is a bit different, but here it is:

http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/story.aspx?list=~%5Cnews%5Clists%5Clocal%20and%20state&id=600236

Just got my 7 day email. My dashboard says "week of April 6" so hopefully it will actually come. I don't think there's a big difference between the 6th and 8th but I definitely hope to hear more in the next few days!

Back