Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blink EVSE ordered Monday 3/21, arrived Wed 3/23.

Thanks Dave!

My wife wondered what the large heavy box was for. Though in fairness, she correctly provided her own answer.

Green Mountain. Trees shade all of my available solar space which is good for the house, but bad for electrical generation. Would love to have the Leaf 100% off solar panels, but alas..

I just got my '7 day email' :
"
..... the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer within the next 7 days. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer."

Unfortunately my dealer wasn't signed up for the Leaf when I placed my order on Sept 10, so the car is actually being delivered to his Lubbock site first, then trucked up to Amarillo. This may cost me a day or two in delivery time.....

I'm pretty inclined to trust my VIN at this point considering where I fall in the ordering process according to the spreadsheet. My delivery time (week of April 18 as of today) has held steady for about a week now. However, this seems "late" compared to a lot of people that reserved/ordered in close proximity to me. Then again I'm in TX and not near the coast... I wonder if deliveries in TX and the surrounding areas are originating in Houston's (my previous Acura was) port of entry.

dash said:
I wonder if deliveries in TX and the surrounding areas are originating in Houston's (my previous Acura was) port of entry.
All Leafs are going through Long Beach. I'd guess that they'd load them on a train for Houston...

dash said:
Working with Courtesy.. can't say I'm a fan so far.

The sales guy I was working with for months moved over to finance and a clueless guy is now in charge of Leaf sales. After going to the dealership to appraise my vehicle, I was a bit dumbfounded by his lack of general knowledge. For one, he offered me $3k for my existing vehicle when KBB lists the "fair" (not "good," not even "excellent" condition - I would consider mine between fair and good) trade-in value at $7375. That's not private party value or resale value, mind you. Good thing I have a friend buying my car for $7500 to use toward my down payment. Secondly, witnessing his typing skills, or lack thereof was quite humorous.

I've repeatedly asked him for solid numbers as far as TTL and the "total cost" of the car so I can skip the tireless "negotiation" process. I've got my financing ready to go through an existing lender and I really don't want to spend all day at the dealership when I finally can pick up my Leaf. I'd like to get as much out of the way as possible, but it's falling on deaf ears. Another frustration to the already mounting ordering and delivery process.

Wow... that's disappointing...
My dealer has been able to break down costs to the cent with add-ons such as tinted windows, as well as discussed options for extended warranty etc...

These guys sell cars right?...

Dennis

Hi just introducing myself to the forum Members. I live in Southlake TX (DFW suburb) and expect to be a Leaf owner in the coming weeks.

Nissan Leaf SL
Ordered through Grubbs Nissan in Bedford, TX
Reserved 4/20/10
Ordered 9/22/10
Estimated Delivery April 20,2011

The delivery was just pushed back from April 14 to April 20:(

I do have a VIN number and the email from Nissan says mine was part of the lucky 600 that made it out of Japan before the quake.

Moved up to April 8 this morning. We'll see if it's actually true or not by next week I suppose.

My dealer finally came back with a final price for me. Still wish I could work with another dealer but things seem to be looking up for those of us in TX.

@Dash - we were both holding steady at 4/18 until your's started to move. Best of luck in the last days.

I'm still at 4/18. Also currently about 40 miles from the port in Los Angeles, was trying to get in today with a former Nissan colleague, but that didn't happen due to earthquake/tsunami/end of Nissan fiscal year.

LonghornLeaf said:
@Dash - we were both holding steady at 4/18 until your's started to move. Best of luck in the last days.

For some reason, I fully expect this date to move again. I'll believe it when I can drive it off the lot. :) I've asked my dealer if they've heard anything different but of course it's just "no further information." I just wish the whole process was transparent so I can stop guessing and speculating.

Looking at the spreadsheet tho, it seems that a lot of people with recent deliveries happened earlier than their "expected delivery date." That is unless they forgot to update it before taking delivery but I doubt it. Perhaps yours could move up also. I was on the 18th for almost two weeks then the 12th for about 4-5 days.

Having my Blink installed Friday. I'm so ready for this thing to finally arrive!

I thought NNA had a better view into where things were, but I'm now starting to seem that there are major windows - say between the port and the railyard where you Leaf is taken off - where it's just "in the pipe". Same for the time in the ship or in the port facility.

I'm waiting to move in mid-April, so the Blink has to wait too.

Back