Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ecoobsessive said:
shawnbrig said:
I was told I was the first to order from that dealership .... My April delivery seems so far out, for me .

Hello Future LEAF owners,

Mark your calendars for an exciting event that we all have been waiting for! The first LEAF delivery in the state of Texas will be here at CLEAR LAKE NISSAN on Tuesday January 25,2011. Everyone is invited to come.

Shawnbrig: you better call that dealeler -What if that's your car!! That April date in the dashboard could be wrong - as it was for others- I always thought that April sounded too late for your early order. This will be interesting......Good luck and keep us updated

No doubt, Shawn! And let us know if it is your car so we can head over and represent MNL and our official Super Student! ;)

AndyH said:
ecoobsessive said:
shawnbrig said:
I was told I was the first to order from that dealership .... My April delivery seems so far out, for me .

Hello Future LEAF owners,

Mark your calendars for an exciting event that we all have been waiting for! The first LEAF delivery in the state of Texas will be here at CLEAR LAKE NISSAN on Tuesday January 25,2011. Everyone is invited to come.

Shawnbrig: you better call that dealeler -What if that's your car!! That April date in the dashboard could be wrong - as it was for others- I always thought that April sounded too late for your early order. This will be interesting......Good luck and keep us updated

No doubt, Shawn! And let us know if it is your car so we can head over and represent MNL and our official Super Student! ;)

Shawn,

That's awesome! You might be scoring the first Texas LEAF!! ( I voted for your video, too -- so maybe you will get it for free. Good Luck!)

J.

LEAFs over Texas,

Check your Dashboards -- Last night, I changed from Month of April, 2011 to Month of March, 2011. Woo Hoo! It will probably bounce back to April but it's still cool to see it change in a positive direction.

I have got to get on the stick about my home charger....

j.

Congrats jhm614 I have been tracking (stalking) you since November or Early December when I discovered your reservation date was I believe was the first day that Texans were able to place their orders. We have very similar almost identical reservation, order times, and order completed times. I was thinking to myself I would probably get my car first because The Port of Houston runs parallel to my city and my car wouldn't have to be transported very far. However, as am laughing out loud so hard that I am crying, I am thinking to myself why was I in a secret race with a guy in a totally different city. Anyway back to my thought, I still have an April Delivery AHHHH! I am at the point where my excitement level is dropping because customer service (in regards to information) is horrible. I may go see the delivery on Tuesday, I need to rebuild some excitement because I am at the point where I am tempted to pay cash for a new ICE car.

I spoke with the dealership, they couldn't figure out really what to say when I asked why my deliver is in April and I was the first car ordered in Houston. I (wink) may have been shown the list of orders with our reservation numbers next to them, mine begins with an 8 the others began with E. The way it was pointed out seemed to mean the first letter had something to do with the order your reservation was confirmed. At that time I was not concerned because I thought your reservation held you place in line for order, then the confirmed order placed you in production. So the only thing I can figure is options and maybe reservation time have something to do with delivery time, not just first ordered first delivered. Hopefully this project for economics that I have chosen to do on the leaf will keep me interested till April. I can remember skipping school in April 2010 to be home at the start of the reservation time frame when the reservation crashed, thinking that was a waste of an entire day, to think its almost a year later and were still waiting, when does the 2012 model come out?

shawnbrig said:
...Anyway back to my thought, I still have an April Delivery AHHHH! I am at the point where my excitement level is dropping because customer service (in regards to information) is horrible. I may go see the delivery on Tuesday, I need to rebuild some excitement because I am at the point where I am tempted to pay cash for a new ICE car.

If you can live with the LEAF range in Houston, don't go for the ICE -- hold out for the LEAF. This BEV deal is just too important in the long run. Just make sure the Range will work for you. And after looking at the spreadsheet, looks like you have the "slight lead" on me in most of the ordering categories, so your car may be here in March (or earlier!).

Received an email from my PD: In addition to the late January deliveries, Nissan is expecting 5 Texas deliveries in February and around 200 Texas deliveries in March -- one of which could be mine. The ball is beginning to roll in Tejas! (No info on the number of Jan deliveries).

J.

Range is not a problem for me. Over the last year between myself and my mom we put 15000 miles on her car. So I should be able to stay under 12000 miles a year besides the 50 miles round trip to college four days a week everything else is within a 5 mile radius. So range is perfect. I am trying to waitttttttttttttttttttt.

With your own car, you might want to use it more than you drive now (when your mom is not driving it!!). So, consider the low-cost upgrade of the lease to 15,000 miles, it that seems likely.

jhm614 said:
Received an email from my PD: In addition to the late January deliveries, Nissan is expecting 5 Texas deliveries in February and around 200 Texas deliveries in March -- one of which could be mine. The ball is beginning to roll in Tejas! (No info on the number of Jan deliveries).

J.

So there were some other Texans who were “quicker on the draw” last April 20th than our own Shawn and Jason….hard to believe since it seams those 2 have been very much “on the ball.” And those other Texans either choose not to post or don’t know about this forum – I only found this forum with a chance click off Nick Chambers website – someone had posted the link in his “comments” area. If you do a Google for Nissan Leaf, this website still comes up on page 5- and who goes all the way to page 5! (Nick comes up on page 1) Do we need a thread: "How did you find this forum? :)

Well, unfortunately, my account continues to say:

"estimated delivery: pending"

And I reserved mine on the first day of reservations and ordered on the first day Texas could order. Wonder why other people have an actual date and I don't.

Hi there,

I wanted to say hello! First time poster, few day old reader from the DFW area (Plano to be exact). I found this forum randomly by searching for tax credit information on the Leaf and Texas. I actually ordered one back on 4/20/10 and my profile says an April 2011 delivery. I'm really excited to finally be receiving one although I wish April was here already!

Is anyone in Texas in the EV project? I haven't been able to find anyone and I didn't get the survey while ordering the Leaf either.

Wonder how many orders in Texas and what is the best dealer to order from? Was very nice to test drive one in Dallas. We have official video so if you vote and confirm we have a chance to win one. Hope you help

please vote on my video and confirm so I can win one link is:

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?

Thank you

dash said:
Hi there,

I wanted to say hello! First time poster, few day old reader from the DFW area (Plano to be exact). I found this forum randomly by searching for tax credit information on the Leaf and Texas. I actually ordered one back on 4/20/10 and my profile says an April 2011 delivery. I'm really excited to finally be receiving one although I wish April was here already!

Is anyone in Texas in the EV project? I haven't been able to find anyone and I didn't get the survey while ordering the Leaf either.

This "Dot Gov" page http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/laws/law/TX/8625 says that the EV project participation is available to DFW and Houston residents who purchase qualified BEVs and PHEVs. Unfortunately, according to Dave Aasheim, The Ecotality Texas Area Manager, the Leaf is not qualified for the EV project in DFW -- currently only for the Volt is qualified. I have checked with Dave a couple of times with no changes.

Not sure about the rest of Texas.

J.

EdmondLeaf said:
Wonder how many orders in Texas and what is the best dealer to order from? Was very nice to test drive one in Dallas. We have official video so if you vote and confirm we have a chance to win one. Hope you help

please vote on my video and confirm so I can win one link is:

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=GJKFCYZJCV83

Thank you

EdmondLeaf,

Good luck, I voted for you video!

re: Dealers: I went with Don Davis because they were the most responsive pre-RAQ. I've also heard that Grapevine Nissan has some very good deals.

J.

adric22 said:
Well, unfortunately, my account continues to say:

And I reserved mine on the first day of reservations and ordered on the first day Texas could order. Wonder why other people have an actual date and I don't.

Have you talked to James @ DD lately? Was he able to give you any additional info?

adric22 said:

Besides reservation date/time and order date/time I'm thinking that how ready your dealer is - may be another possible factor.

In the meantime - I just keep telling myself (since I'm also pending) more time to save for that downpayment....

I do not have chance for my car in 2011 or even 2012 (now ordering schedule winter 2011). Is anyone here that will be getting car soon.

jhm614 said:
This "Dot Gov" page http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/laws/law/TX/8625 says that the EV project participation is available to DFW and Houston residents who purchase qualified BEVs and PHEVs. Unfortunately, according to Dave Aasheim, The Ecotality Texas Area Manager, the Leaf is not qualified for the EV project in DFW -- currently only for the Volt is qualified. I have checked with Dave a couple of times with no changes.

Not sure about the rest of Texas.

J.

Thanks for that. I actually spoke with an Ecotality rep on the phone back in Nov. I believe (may have been Dave). He said he was trying to get the Leaf involved in DFW. Kind of frustrating that their website would actually say DFW is a partner and list all the vehicles coming out (including the Leaf) and not be eligible, not to mention the afdc website. Do you know anything about the supposed 2k tax credit for EVSE installs? My quote from Nissan is running high ($3500 because they need to install a subpanel as my breakers are currently full) and if I could offset that cost, I'd be more inclined to approve the quote (thinking of just DIY as my cousin is a ME and could help).

dash said:
Do you know anything about the supposed 2k tax credit for EVSE installs? My quote from Nissan is running high ($3500 because they need to install a subpanel as my breakers are currently full) and if I could offset that cost, I'd be more inclined to approve the quote (thinking of just DIY as my cousin is a ME and could help).

The tax credit for EVSE was 50% of cost up to 2K for 2010, expired Dec. 31st 2010. Apparently there will be one for 2011, but I believe it will be reduced - maybe to 30%. You can search IRS form 8911 and the other threads in this forum. I don't know about DYI unless you are a licensed electrician or know one - city code may require inspection. You could certainly do it cheaper by purchasing the EVSE yourself (such as by "cash and carry" the AV model) and then have your own electrician install it for you. There is plenty of info on it in the other threads.

Back