LeafCAN Firmware v2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my 2012 Leaf I got clicking right after the update. After a couple of weeks it went away.

My 2013 Leaf has never clicked.

GlennD said:
On my 2012 Leaf I got clicking right after the update. After a couple of weeks it went away.

My 2013 Leaf has never clicked.

Right. I've tweaked the code a bit since your initial tests. I was wondering if it had any effect.

Well I finished my version of Barbouri's V3 LeafCan board. I utterly hate the impossible tiny pot everyone uses so I used one that can be adjusted. It was a little larger than the pads but I made it fit. Did I ever say surface mount parts are truly a pain even with a tiny soldering tip?

Yeah, I have that on mine when the Extended bars go below 0... Some very wacky numbers! I've learned to just ignore it.

lincomatic said:
BTW, I uploaded a fix to github this morning to fix the underflow bug on the DTE screen when the distance goes below zero.

TomT said:
Yeah, I have that on mine when the Extended bars go below 0... Some very wacky numbers! I've learned to just ignore it.

lincomatic said:
BTW, I uploaded a fix to github this morning to fix the underflow bug on the DTE screen when the distance goes below zero.

We could meet somewhere and I can use my laptop to update your unit.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Thanks!

GlennD said:
TomT said:
lincomatic said:
We could meet somewhere and I can use my laptop to update your unit.

I no longer have a need for a Nissan SOC so I am giving away my Lincomatic LeafCan ver 2 to a good LOCAL user. See my listing in the private for sale section.

GlennD said:
I no longer have a need for a Nissan SOC so I am giving away my Lincomatic LeafCan ver 2 to a good LOCAL user. See my listing in the private for sale section.

Did you liquidate your Leaf? I'm wondering if mine even has any resale value anymore. Thanks to LeafCAN, I can see that it's lost ~30% of its original capacity, despite the display only showing 2 bars missing. Very frustrating that Nissan has such a useless battery warranty. If I didn't have LeafCAN, I wouldn't even be able to figure out my range anymore.. it's so misleading that Nissan still shows 12 bars of charge w/ the reduced capacity.

(Oops, just noticed your new sig.. Hope your Mercedes B has better battery life!)

lincomatic said:
GlennD said:

Did you liquidate your Leaf? I'm wondering if mine even has any resale value anymore. Thanks to LeafCAN, I can see that it's lost ~30% of its original capacity, despite the display only showing 2 bars missing. Very frustrating that Nissan has such a useless battery warranty. If I didn't have LeafCAN, I wouldn't even be able to figure out my range anymore.. it's so misleading that Nissan still shows 12 bars of charge w/ the reduced capacity.

(Oops, just noticed your new sig.. Hope your Mercedes B has better battery life!)

Yes Sam I traded in my Leaf SL. KBB showed it worth 19K. The dealer showed Manhiem sales of 13- 15K. I got 15K for a trade in. Trade in values for EV's in general suck.

Many people knock the Tesla drive train cars since they only have L2 but it works for retired me. I have never used my QC socket.

I have never used the cell phone app but I preferred LeafCan to DD. It is what the developer considered important. We users have a free ride but we must take what is offered. If I had a Bruisa my opinion might change.

Back