Leaf vs Focus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Snapped at Fry's yesterday. Ofcourse, Focus is the ICE version. I expect minimal changes for the EV version, though.

leaf-vs-focus.png

Focus looks shorter and more aerodynamic. As we (all?) know, Leaf was made taller to have decent backseat headspace after putting the battery below the seat.

evnow said:
Snapped at Fry's yesterday. Ofcourse, Focus is the ICE version. I expect minimal changes for the EV version, though.

leaf-vs-focus.png

Focus looks shorter and more aerodynamic. As we (all?) know, Leaf was made taller to have decent backseat headspace after putting the battery below the seat.

From the picture and the angle, the Focus and LEAF look the same length.

I looked up specs and the LEAF is 175 inches in length compared to the Focus 171.6 inches, so you're right, barely longer.

LEAF
Width: 69.7 in.
Height: 61.0 in.
Length: 175.0 in.
Focus
Width: 71.8 in.
Height: 57.8 in.
Length: 171.6 in.

I'm curious if the EV version will have the same exact specs. Nice picture :)

TNleaf said:
From the picture and the angle, the Focus and LEAF look the same length.
I meant by shorter in terms of height.

Leaf looks smaller in length than it actually is, because the roofline is much smaller than the floor.

I love the headroom in the front seat of the Leaf, better than my last 4 vehicles. It's nice to actually be able to see out of the car without slouching!

I would have gladly sacrificed some rear headroom to have a lower CG, better aerodynamics, and a sleeker profile.
Personally, I think the Focus is better looking than the Leaf... Much nicer wheels too.
It remains to be seen how much of that will change in the EV version...

Herm said:
with that sloping roof I dont think the Focus will have a lot of rear seat headroom.

my wife and I are with you 100%. the headroom and view out the windshield was what sold us on the LEAF, we are 6'3" and the dimensions are just doable.

bdgotoh said:
I love the headroom in the front seat of the Leaf, better than my last 4 vehicles. It's nice to actually be able to see out of the car without slouching!

I don't like the sloping roof of the Focus. It also apears to me that the bottom slopes upwards towards the rear, whereas the Leaf's bottom stays horizontal all the way to the back. I don't know that the Focus' lines necessarily make it more aerodynamic than the Leaf, but i expect that it pinches the available cargo space in the rear.

I prefer the Leaf's lines.

It´s been 3 years since I got my focus and since then, I dont have eyes for any other.

I know is not perfect, but I just love how the style of the car progreses

Heh, I thought this thread was going to be a smackdown on the specs! Rats!

I'm guessing the Focus EV

• Will cost a little more.
    Have 5 or 10 miles less range than the LEAF.
    Charge twice as fast as a LEAF on 240V.
    Will not have a Quick Charge / DC Fast Charge option.

I'm anxious to know how it will position in the market. It's nice to actually have some competing choices in EVs. Knowing how it's going to fit in with the other EVs will help when people ask me, so I can recommend the cars they should look at or compare for their needs and budget.

bdgotoh said:

I agree. This is one of the bonus features I didn't expect from a smaller vehicle. Normally my hair touches the roof lining in smaller vehicles., nice to have extra space up there :)

Back