Leaf Spy Lite

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slinkyuk said:
Could we get an option to log in DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS format please as excel throws a wobbly on conversion?
Ugh.
The one true date format is YYYY/MM/DD.
Anything else invites confusion.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Will any version/maker of ELM327 OBDII OBD2 Bluetooth work with Leaf Spy?
I have had the best results with the 'Mini'.

1v8g.jpg

I would think that the date format would be set by the Phone based on country settings.

There is a bug I just found where if you enabled an ELM Trace it would force the date format to m/d/yyyy if you were also logging data. That will be fixed in next release. With the fix, whatever the Phone's date format is will be maintained even if taking an ELM Trace.

But since Leaf Spy Lite does not allow data logging this is really the wrong forum for this discussion.

slinkyuk said:
I have noticed inconsistencies with the watt used meter and the kwh remain reading.
Last night i got down to 0.6kwh remain(8GID 9.5%SOC) and recharged at 6.6kw for 1hr2min. The chargepoint read 6.48kwh delivered and leaf spy showed an increase to 6.4kwh (expected with overhead of charging), however the reset counter had increased 6500kw's (an additional 500watts over the remaining display).

What is the mechanism used to calculate consumption, is it different to calculating remaining?

I also have noticed on a full charge I get 284 gids which shows at 101% and SOC 97% is that normal?
My battery AHr is showing 67.362
Consumption (the wh counter) comes from the SOC and AHr values read from the Leaf. The remaining kwh comes from Gids. So it is not unusual for them not to match up.

The wh counter includes any additional energy the Battery Control module thinks it can get from the battery (say due to temperature change) not just what has been but in through charging.

Turbo3 said:
Actually this bug is mine in that the graph was hardcoded for a max difference of 10 degrees.

However, Gary is correct that the next release will fix this (auto scaling up to 30 degree difference) plus the negative temperature bug which will also handle down to -30 degrees.

I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference for the functionality of the display, but I've seen >30 degrees difference between MAX and MIN pack temps.

Screen+Shot+2014-01-21+at+9.45.09+PM.png

More temp readings:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RkQ9sOBlRfTnMwNlYtMUgxdk0/edit?usp=sharing

mwalsh said:
garsh said:
The one true date format is YYYY/MM/DD. Anything else invites confusion.
Actually, vastly more people around the world are used to DD/MM/YYYY (including our UK friend). By around 2 to 1.
DD/MM/YYYY confuses 1 out of 3 people.
MM/DD/YYYY confuses 2 out of 3 people.
YYYY/MM/DD confuses nobody. It's the ISO-standard date format. It's ordered from the slowest-changing part of the date to the fastest-changing part of the date, from left-to-right, just like a plain-old number is.

All that said, Turbo3 is right - the date format should be controlled by the user's phone settings. :D

garsh said:
.. All that said, Turbo3 is right - the date format should be controlled by the user's phone settings. :D
Actually, I'm going to disagree with this. Assuming we intend the log files to be readable by tools, dates should NOT be logged in differing formats. I would do ISO. The phone's setting is really intended for display on the screen or printed reports, not logging/storage like this.

Turbo3 said:
With the fix, whatever the Phone's date format is will be maintained even if taking an ELM Trace.

Thanks Turbo3! phone format or ISO would be better.

Turbo3 said:
But since Leaf Spy Lite does not allow data logging this is really the wrong forum for this discussion.

I just used the feedback links from google app but will try to find the pro section for further coments

Ok I have my elm bluetooth adapter. When I plug it in, It cycles through the lights once and then just shows the red light. I can't seem to get leaf spy or torque to pick up the device (though leaf spy does seem to connect to the car itself). Any suggestions or ideas. Very interested in seeing the more exact battery temp and charge status.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Ok I have my elm bluetooth adapter. When I plug it in, It cycles through the lights once and then just shows the red light. I can't seem to get leaf spy or torque to pick up the device (though leaf spy does seem to connect to the car itself). Any suggestions or ideas. Very interested in seeing the more exact battery temp and charge status.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

You need to be sure bluetooth is turned on on your phone or tablet, then when you start LeafSpy you need to go to settings/select OBDII, and pick the adapter from the list (most likely there will be only one entry), then pair it.

Thanks stjohn

When I choose obdii, I see my car, which is what I assumed was the car's bluetooth. Should I see a second one for the adapter itself? My galaxy had the bluetooth on. How long until a battery temp reading should appear?

DougWantsALeaf said:
Thanks stjohn

When I choose obdii, I see my car, which is what I assumed was the car's bluetooth. Should I see a second one for the adapter itself? My galaxy had the bluetooth on. How long until a battery temp reading should appear?

Actually there should be two if you have the bluetooth on your Leaf paired. The one that says my car is the car's bluetooth as you correctly assumed, the other one should say OBDII. I don't remember what sequence I had to go through but try turning off your phone's bluetooth while you are in the car and then turn it back on. If that doesn't work, try unplugging the OBDII for a second and then plug it back in with the phone bluetooth already on. I went through several troubleshooting sequences and it just showed up, I just don't remember which one it was that was the correct one.

Before you run Leaf Spy you need to pair your phone/device with the Bluetooth ELM. Go to Settings Bluetooth and search for a new device. After a few seconds a device called OBDII will be found. Select it and enter the pairing code normally 1234.

This is the standard procedure for adding any Bluetooth device to your phone.

Once your ELM is paired with your phone it will show up in the Leaf Sply "Select OBDII" selection list. This table lists all paired Bluetooth devices including your Leaf if you have paired with it (as My Car). Select an OBDII device not the hands free MyCar Bluetooth device.

Back