Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly, my Leaf Spy Pro did connect with the car, it showed the new car's VIN, but nothing else was right. It showed 111% SOC and most other things didn't report at all. Leaf Spy Lite works fine with the car. Immediately connected and showed the proper VIN and other readings looked correct for the car.

Interestingly, my Leaf Spy Pro did connect with the car, it showed the new car's VIN, but nothing else was right. It showed 111% SOC and most other things didn't report at all. Leaf Spy Lite works fine with the car. Immediately connected and showed the proper VIN and other readings looked correct for the car.
Were you able to update to the latest version of Leaf Spy Pro; 0.53.191?
I have a Pixel and it works fine on that version

There is the Android version and iOS version. The latest iOS version is 2.0.0(10). The iOS version updates without payment. If you were running under iOS TestFlight, you must delete the beta version and reload from the App Store. It updates also without payment. You'll know because the beta version is expired and will no longer run.

I have found no way to update my Leaf Spy Pro. That is my question--HOW DO I UPDATE LEAF SPY PRO?????

There is nothing on my phone to allow me to update it, and upon a previous suggestion, I removed it and am unable to reinstall it without purchasing for a 3rd time, apparently.

I'm using Android.

Last edited:
I have found no way to update my Leaf Spy Pro. That is my question--HOW DO I UPDATE LEAF SPY PRO?????

There is nothing on my phone to allow me to update it, and upon a previous suggestion, I removed it and am unable to reinstall it without purchasing for a 3rd time, apparently.

I'm using Android.
On my Pixel phone, I simply go to my "Play Store" app, touch my photo in the upper right corner, choose "Manage apps and devise", and if apps need updating, then choose to update any available.

Leaf Spy Pro didn't show up as needing updating in Play Store. I'm buying it again as I don't see any other way to get a current version.

I am getting ridiculous "Chrg" figures and "mi/kWh" figures as on this screenshot. How can I get them to display legitimate figures? When searching the site for an answer, I see that I asked basically the same question, with a different phone, car, and version of Leaf Spy, and never got an answer. Back then it would do this and then act normally for awhile, but now I can't get it to change back to "real" figures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240222_101817_LeafSpy Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222_101817_LeafSpy Pro.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240222_101817_LeafSpy Pro (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20240222_101817_LeafSpy Pro (1).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It appears that Lite has not been updated for recent versions of Android, but Pro has. This means the Google Play Store filters out Lite and never offers it to you.
Very strange, I just checked from my Chromebook and Leaf Spy Lite was available, it downloaded, installed and opened with no issues. I'm guessing it's some incompatibility with various devices and Play Store blocks any device that's incompatible.

I'm stumped. (LSP)
What's the dial gauge in the lower right corner that just says "Battery" and has a range of 0 - 70?
I presume this is a custom screen ("CS: 1 of 1") in the default configuration. (I have not edited the layout.)
No units are shown. :confused:

TIA

I'm stumped. (LSP)
What's the dial gauge in the lower right corner that just says "Battery" and has a range of 0 - 70?
I presume this is a custom screen ("CS: 1 of 1") in the default configuration. (I have not edited the layout.)
No units are shown. :confused:

TIA
My unedited screen shows a 12 V battery gauge in the lower right position with a range of 8 - 15 volts.
What does the lower left say, mine shows ~BMS Grp1 Pwr L

Very strange, I just checked from my Chromebook and Leaf Spy Lite was available, it downloaded, installed and opened with no issues. I'm guessing it's some incompatibility with various devices and Play Store blocks any device that's incompatible.
Actually, on experimentation, it seems that Google Play is "hiding" Leaf Spy Lite on all newer Android versions with the excuse that it's incompatible. It isn't! I managed to find an old phone at the back of a cupboard running Android 5 and this would show and install Leaf Spy Lite. From there, I extracted the install file and installed it on my brand new Android 14 phone and it worked fine! I can send you the install file (apk) if you are interested.

Actually, on experimentation, it seems that Google Play is "hiding" Leaf Spy Lite on all newer Android versions with the excuse that it's incompatible. It isn't! I managed to find an old phone at the back of a cupboard running Android 5 and this would show and install Leaf Spy Lite. From there, I extracted the install file and installed it on my brand new Android 14 phone and it worked fine! I can send you the install file (apk) if you are interested.
I would suggest the developers host LeafSpy Lite on F-Droid's repositories, for those of us who have been sick of this kind of Google shenanigans for a while now. It's a nice marketplace from which a number of non-Google-affiliated apps can be downloaded.

I run OSMand+ navigation from there when I get sick of Google's tracking my driving habits or when I need a second opinion (handy because it allows me to set parameters for vehicle size, which Google Maps so far does not allow. It's good to know whether my 80-foot-long, 40-ton semi will fit on alternate routes in the event of a crash tying up the interstate, for example.)

Anyway, I'd make that suggestion but don't know where to do so.

I would suggest the developers host LeafSpy Lite on F-Droid's repositories, for those of us who have been sick of this kind of Google shenanigans for a while now. It's a nice marketplace from which a number of non-Google-affiliated apps can be downloaded.
Anyway, I'd make that suggestion but don't know where to do so.
From LeafSpy Pro Help screen;

By Jim Pollock (Turbo3)
[email protected]

hi,

is there a way to get current pro version other then googleplay
I cannot download it (not available in my region)
amazon versio is 0.45.119
and Im stuck with turteled env200 :(

just updated 24 -> 40

Edit: thanks to turbo3, he added serbia, just waiting for google refresh

Last edited:
Used to be thatQuestions & Answers

Review Leaf Spy Lite Q&A first to see if your question is answered there.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14284&p=324773#p324773

Q1 - Why after installing the app do I not see any tire pressure readings.
A1 - Assuming your Leaf is equipped with the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) you need to drive about 500 feet before the TPMS in each tire wakes up and reports a pressure.

Q2 - My Samsung (or other Android device) does not have a Menu key. How do I access the Settings menu.
A2 - Hold down the Recent apps key (Left key on the Samsung S5) and this will bring up the Menu list which includes OBDII adapter selection, Settings, About and Exit choices.
It
Questions & Answers

Review Leaf Spy Lite Q&A first to see if your question is answered there.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14284&p=324773#p324773

Q1 - Why after installing the app do I not see any tire pressure readings.
A1 - Assuming your Leaf is equipped with the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) you need to drive about 500 feet before the TPMS in each tire wakes up and reports a pressure.

Q2 - My Samsung (or other Android device) does not have a Menu key. How do I access the Settings menu.
A2 - Hold down the Recent apps key (Left key on the Samsung S5) and this will bring up the Menu list which includes OBDII adapter selection, Settings, About and Exit choices.
to add a bit: it used to be that such stuff was done by measuring pressure directly in the early aughts, but after that it was done by wheel weight. Less direct but much easier to deal with. The downside is the wheel has to spin a few times

Back