Leaf Side Molding

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevegarris

Can't say enough about the high-quality side molding from Sportwing. It was shipped in a tube, wrapped in a soft cloth. The kit comes with everything you need except blue masking tape and a tape-measure. Here's a link:

http://sportwing.com/Nissan-Leaf-Body-Side-Moldings-2011-2012-FE-LEAF11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leaf2x.jpg

leaf1n.jpg

Agree - great kit, and they match my red perfectly.

I'm trying to get them to market a kit for the Tesla, but they can't seem to find a Model S to measure.

Well, I'll be darned. I was going to add a tip about upgrading the side marker lights, but from the photo, it looks like they are gone from the 2013.

Pardon my ignorance, but does this mod have any benefit beyond the cosmetic? The web site bills it as protecting the finish. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this.

It'll prevent people from scratching your paint with their doors. They'll hit this new molding.

How is it attached?

Nice. At 1000 miles some old man that was 4 feet away from my car was able to get his car door over to my door and put a nice nick in the door. Maybe I'll get this molding to go right over the nick. Cheaper than gettin the whole door painted.

Thanks for posting this! I'm gonna get it as well. Nice part mine is same color, so easy to see it matches perfectly! ;)

We already have 6 pages of discussion going on this topic, with installation tips and measurements....

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello,

Does the molding kit come with 4 pieces for all four doors or do I need to buy (4) pieces at $124 each?

How much did you pay?

Thanks,

Lasareath

stevegarris said:
Can't say enough about the high-quality side molding from Sportwing. It was shipped in a tube, wrapped in a soft cloth. The kit comes with everything you need except blue masking tape and a tape-measure. Here's a link:

http://sportwing.com/Nissan-Leaf-Body-Side-Moldings-2011-2012-FE-LEAF11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leaf2x.jpg

leaf1n.jpg

Why not go over to this thread where it has all been asked, answered and discussed in great detail long ago.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lasareath said:
Does the molding kit come with 4 pieces for all four doors or do I need to buy (4) pieces at $124 each?

You spent more time typing out your reply than just answering my question.

I don't have time to read through 6 pages of posts to find the answer.

Lasareath said:
Hardy Har Har!

I'll answer, and there's nothing wrong with starting this new post.

The kit is complete, with 4 pieces of side molding, one for each door. It is factory painted to match - mine is an exact match.

It comes with a couple of cleaning wipes, and a solution that you rub onto the side of the car to help with adhesion. The molding has double-stick tape applied to it, so you just peel off the protective covering and press the molding in place. I used blue masking tape as a guide, and I used the recommendation for locating the molding that came with the installation instructions.

I see this a protective. I've been frustrated in the past with cars that have smooth sides and then get ugly quick due to door dings. The molding is stylish and doesn't take anything away from the car.

Here's another accessory I'm going to add - I already have a scratch on my rear bumper from unloading the hatch-back:
http://www.nissanautosports.com/nissan-leaf-rear-bumper-protector-1810-prd1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stevegarris said:
Lasareath said:
Hardy Har Har!

The kit is complete, with 4 pieces of side molding, one for each door. It is factory painted to match - mine is an exact match.

It comes with a couple of cleaning wipes, and a solution that you rub onto the side of the car to help with adhesion. The molding has double-stick tape applied to it, so you just peel off the protective covering and press the molding in place. I used blue masking tape as a guide, and I used the recommendation for locating the molding that came with the installation instructions.

I see this a protective. I've been frustrated in the past with cars that have smooth sides and then get ugly quick due to door dings. The molding is stylish and doesn't take anything away from the car.

Here's another accessory I'm going to add - I already have a scratch on my rear bumper from unloading the hatch-back:
http://www.nissanautosports.com/nissan-leaf-rear-bumper-protector-1810-prd1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
=1-----what stevegaris said. in addition to the side mouldings, I also installed the rear bumper protector. It looks and works great, since I'm a golfer, and I load/unload my golf clubs several times a week. Those clubs can scratch your bumper big-time.

Thanks!

Does the kit come with enough wipes and solution? because they ask if you need more to add to the cart.

I've seen the bumper protector and I'm not sure I want it, mainly because it's black. I think I would rather have some clear-coat vinyl there that can be replaced every 2 years.

stevegarris said:
Lasareath said:
Hardy Har Har!

Lasareath said:
Thanks!

Does the kit come with enough wipes and solution? because they ask if you need more to add to the cart.

I've seen the bumper protector and I'm not sure I want it, mainly because it's black. I think I would rather have some clear-coat vinyl there that can be replaced every 2 years.

Yes - it comes with 2 tubes of solution, one for each side. You don't need anything else, and the quality of the kit is very high.

Back