Leaf is prone to hitting motorcycles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2ltr

Check out the vehicle in the animation.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2011/10/11/simon-lit-transportation.cnn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We need to outlaw those damn Leafs!!!

turbo2ltr said:
Check out the vehicle in the animation.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2011/10/11/simon-lit-transportation.cnn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If that thing got t-boned like that, it would not just nicely skid, it would probably be launched into the air and promptly wrap itself around the nearest tree. Or just crumple.

Still, nice concept.

Clearly a case of Unintended Magnetic Attraction caused by the large electromagnets in the LEAF and the electric motorcycle having opposite polarity. The production version will have to be made with motor windings in the opposite direction, thereby adding the safety benefit of magnetic repulsion.

That is so cool! If they managed to center the lateral CG point on the requirements for bumper heights, it would certainly stay somewhat vertical in a side impact. The safety cage looks like the real challenge. I want one!

Saw this segment on CNN over lunch...did not have audio but right away I'm think...hey...that's a Leaf! The stability of the C1 'transportation device' is a result of electronically controlled gryoscopes just in front of the back tires (I had to look it up after I saw the clip).

FYI - The C1 has a range of 200mi and can reach 120mph. Could not find price or estimated availability.

So does it still lean in the turns with the gyros active like that??? It's a very interesting way of looking at a problem noone knew was a problem. You get off your electric motorcycle and it just stands there, by itself, noone holding it up. ;) Very clever trick for 2 wheeled EV's.

adric22 said:
This thing is not all that much different from the Corbin Sparrow, except that it has 2 wheels.

Could you please post a link? This one from the video is supposed to sell for around $16K.

Back