Leaf EV charging stations detection

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

Our cars have software to detect nearest EV stations. Many new EV charging places over the past year. Does the software automatically upgrade or do we need to do something to detect new EV charging locations?

I went out to my car this am, and did an update on charging stations near me, it said that it added 52 updates, however, there is one very close to me that was not in my system or updated and it has been in place for about 6 months. ( 2 free Level 2 chargers and 1 supercharger) I do believe I did get some updates, I wonder how Nissan is notified and then put in their database.

Edit: I checked 3 apps on my phone, EV Connect, ChargeHub, and PlugShare, all had the new EV charging station near me.

My 2011 and 2015 would both periodically update charging stations automatically through the cellular system (EV Connect) even while driving. They also had menu items to update nearby charging stations. The 2019 has menu items to update maps through WiFi which I try periodically, but I have only received map updates once. I have no indication that the map updates included charging station locations. I rarely use public charging with the much greater range of the 2019 so I use Plug Share to check locations for charging stations (and check functional status) when I may need to use one away from home.

Back