Leaf charging randomly stops

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowieboy77

Hi all.

I have a 2022 Leaf. All seemed fine but recently when I charge the car with DC, AC or trickle charging it will randomly stop charging for no apparent reason.

I'll go onto the app to check on the progress and it will give me the start charging option.

Anybody else having this issue?

Thank you for all your help.

One thing that I've noticed is that I have a charge timer set to not charge during the day, and I have the option set to only follow the timers at home. If I plug in at work any time during the day, the car starts charging like normal. But, if I later open the app to check on the car, the car stops charging when the app does its initial status update. I'd have to tap to start charging in the app to restart it.

I can only assume there's some bug involving the intersection of the timers and the telematics update such that when the car gets the status request it checks out everything in the car but doesn't take into account the "don't use timers away from home" setting, sees that the car is charging during a time when it shouldn't be, and then shuts off.

I can only get around this by hitting the timer deactivate button on the dash before initially plugging in at work.

Don't know if that scenario is in any way similar to yours, but it's at least one additional related data point.

adavidw said:
One thing that I've noticed is that I have a charge timer set to not charge during the day, and I have the option set to only follow the timers at home. If I plug in at work any time during the day, the car starts charging like normal. But, if I later open the app to check on the car, the car stops charging when the app does its initial status update. I'd have to tap to start charging in the app to restart it.

I can only assume there's some bug involving the intersection of the timers and the telematics update such that when the car gets the status request it checks out everything in the car but doesn't take into account the "don't use timers away from home" setting, sees that the car is charging during a time when it shouldn't be, and then shuts off.

I can only get around this by hitting the timer deactivate button on the dash before initially plugging in at work.

Don't know if that scenario is in any way similar to yours, but it's at least one additional related data point.
Good point, I did not think to mention that. I found that the "don't use timers away from home" setting will allow the car to start charging when plugged in away from home, but then stop charging if I open a door. There is another thread somewhere on the site dedicated to that issue. The only way I can get the car to charge reliably is to not activate that setting.

Back